My new Performante

Blown SRT

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually around 650-750 for a descent kit...

That's cheap, well worth it, I remember my friend put KW on his MY14 Huracan and completely changed the car, we had a track day and I drove mine and his back to back, mine was riding on factory springs, his was SO much better to drive, I was really impressed.

You haven’t looked at Lambo parts pricing yet :shock:

In fact, i bought them at that price...and have purchased all sorts of other parts for it as well. Some of them are cheap/ reasonable, and others have a Lambo tax on them, but not the springs I got...

In fact, i bought them at that price...and have purchased all sorts of other parts for it as well. Some of them are cheap/ reasonable, and others have a Lambo tax on them, but not the springs I got...

$700 for Novitec springs?? If so you need to share where you purchased them from because that is less than 1/2 of msrp

Even the kw’s I have on my R8 cost about 1100 and about 1000 for Spyder both being discounted from Msrp.

:icon_thumleft: do they have a perf version or is it the same?

They should work the same unless they changed the shocks which i don’t think they will. In terms of stiffness, they are stiff then oem regular huracan but I remember the performante is supposed to be stiffer than regular huracan so who knows.

Interesting note, some of the regular huracans that got the SPORT suspension setup (my 16 with magnetic shocks has it) has the EXACT same front sway bar as the performante. The rear performante sway bar is a little bigger though.

$700 for Novitec springs?? If so you need to share where you purchased them from because that is less than 1/2 of msrp

Even the kw’s I have on my R8 cost about 1100 and about 1000 for Spyder both being discounted from Msrp.

I never said Novitec...I don't know what they are...just who I bought them from.

Congrats BlownSRT! It looks sick!! Love your color combo ( inside and out).

Lowering it will be icing on the cake.

I installed Novitec's on mine and it rides better now than with the factory springs and the lower stance greatly improves the appearance.

Cheers

J

Congrats on your car...looks Great!

I think the performante has an option for magneto suspension...can someone explain this and the benefits and if it's worth it...Thanks!

Congrats on your car...looks Great!

I think the performante has an option for magneto suspension...can someone explain this and the benefits and if it's worth it...Thanks!

:icon_mrgreen: In a nutshell -->>

:icon_mrgreen: In a nutshell -->>

Thanks! lol So I wonder how many performante's are ordered with this option and if Lamborghini had this on their test car to set the lap record.It sounds like a no brainer when ordering a new car and surprised its an option and not standard

• 1 month later...

While I was waiting through the winter, I had the following done to it:

1) Vorsteiner wheels with a +32 rear offset

2) Velocity AP lowering springs from Shardul, which worked out so well, I can't even being to describe; heights are absolutely perfect...and car feels like it's on rails!

3) Full body Xpel

4) Window tints

5) DCTMS C/F steering wheel

Have driven Huracans before, but this is very different from what I have driven before today. The car is fast and furious, and feels like none of my other rides...

Power delivery is awesome, and it's no slouch either...but streets are still in the sub freezing temps, so I wasn't playing much. I did WOT her a few times on the highway...and it's pure heaven! Sounds so badass too!

There are some gripes however...

1) Somewhat uncomfortable in the knees...as I can't get the seat back far enough, or down low enough...and at 6'2" my knees are stuck to the side padding, which is very hard to say the least.

2) Lack of voice command button for Android phones is just downright stupid and unsafe. The only way to safely initiate a phone call on Android, it to use the "Ok Google" feature to get the phone to listen to commands (mine isn't working right now)...and to do that, you have to 1st turn the music down so the phone can hear you wake it up. Every other Bluetooth equipped vehicle has a voice command button, and works with IOS and Android. 400K and it has no real functionality for Bluetooth on Android, which is a far larger platform than IOS. Go figger...

3) The rear lowers on the left and right side, directly behind the wheels, collect more garbage, sand and rocks than a plow!

4) No 12 volt accessory plug up front, where I need it to plug on my Samsung phone, and since the car is not Android Auto, and only Apple car play...I need a spot to place my phone in - that is visible and accessible to me, as well as a front 12 accessory plug to power that phone when it needs charging, such as when it's running as a GPS. I can address this, but it should have been there from factory!

Other than that, words can't express how this car feels!

Huge thanks to Rafic at Wheels Performance for having the patience to have gone through the wheel build with me...they came out even better than I expected and are nothing short of stunning, according to my tastes...YMMV.

27508138468_876cb988d7_z.jpg

41377928791_d66ba518c1_z.jpg

41377928991_5aa215e8c0_z.jpg

27508138538_74f4b76fae_z.jpg

40483197575_c4a65eb15b_z.jpg

27508138598_3ab9d22e16_z.jpg

41377929101_a3d512aeff_z.jpg

40483197685_356ce35566_z.jpg

41377928631_26a6d168b8_z.jpg

So to answer the question of which springs...Velocity AP ~7/8" lower front and ~1.25" lower rear

wow that looks incredible, love the ride height, does it scrape anywhere?

The steering wheel is fantastic also, great job!

It can scrape with the lift system down...very marginally, over the worst driveway only...much less than my Z, my TTS or my FGT, which were all lowered as well. Those cars have perhaps 2.5-3" of clearance at the front depending on the car...and the Lambo is ~4" after lowering. With the lift system up, no way to scrape at all, unless you're doing 80+ through city streets. ;)

I have yet to lower a car and NOT have it scrape somewhere, but this is as good as it gets, better than all the rest. Ride comfort is about as good as it gets as well. I have not only no regrets, but am happy as a clam. I got the exact look I've always wanted, on this car, and FWIW, I've modded a lot of cars/ trucks.

Important to note as well, that while the front wheels/ tires are pretty much the same overall diameter as stock (1/4" over at most), the rears come in at about a 1" larger diameter because of the 21" rears and tire sizing that goes with it, but you don't see steeper front rake over stock, nor does it have any effect on the suspension electronics. 1" over only gets 1/2" higher off the ground and 1/2" closer to the top of the wheel well/ fender lip. The net effect with the lowering would be ~1/2" less than the 1 1/8" claimed by Velocity AP, but the end result look, gets to exactly what it's supposed to!

You can see by the way she sits, she's perfect, and she drives like she looks.

The steering wheel from DCTMS came from China, and is flawless with perfect feel. Feels so much better than the OEM Alcantara wheel (Ughhh). It was very inexpensive and there is no core return either, so if / when I sell her, the OEM wheel will go with it.

Next is either a TT or a VFE Blower, in the winter!

It can scrape with the lift system down...very marginally, over the worst driveway only...much less than my Z, my TTS or my FGT, which were all lowered as well. Those cars have perhaps 2.5-3" of clearance at the front depending on the car...and the Lambo is ~4" after lowering. With the lift system up, no way to scrape at all, unless you're doing 80+ through city streets. ;)

I have yet to lower a car and NOT have it scrape somewhere, but this is as good as it gets, better than all the rest. Ride comfort is about as good as it gets as well. I have not only no regrets, but am happy as a clam. I got the exact look I've always wanted, on this car, and FWIW, I've modded a lot of cars/ trucks.

Important to note as well, that while the front wheels/ tires are pretty much the same overall diameter as stock (1/4" over at most), the rears come in at about a 1" larger diameter because of the 21" rears and tire sizing that goes with it, but you don't see steeper front rake over stock, nor does it have any effect on the suspension electronics. 1" over only gets 1/2" higher off the ground and 1/2" closer to the top of the wheel well/ fender lip. The net effect with the lowering would be ~1/2" less than the 1 1/8" claimed by Velocity AP, but the end result look, gets to exactly what it's supposed to!

You can see by the way she sits, she's perfect, and she drives like she looks.

The steering wheel from DCTMS came from China, and is flawless with perfect feel. Feels so much better than the OEM Alcantara wheel (Ughhh). It was very inexpensive and there is no core return either, so if / when I sell her, the OEM wheel will go with it.

Next is either a TT or a VFE Blower, in the winter!

Thank you for the feedback, I will need those springs!