Dealer etiquette?

Tius83

What do you expect? You are a Ninja, the whole point of being a Ninja is to be invisible.

:icon_mrgreen: :ph34r:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Take your shoes off and see how fast they will come talk to you. :D

How can you walk around with no shoes? The floors, walkways etc. are so dirty, you wouldn’t catch me dead without shoes, you could catch feet AIDS :lol2:

How can you walk around with no shoes? The floors, walkways etc. are so dirty, you wouldn’t catch me dead without shoes, you could catch feet AIDS :lol2:

Fortis - you make me feel right at home!!! Hubby would have said EXACTLY the same!

Fortis - you make me feel right at home!!! Hubby would have said EXACTLY the same!

:icon_thumleft:

Also in my house there is strictly no shoes policy. LV Eric when you come to visit me you got to wash your feet in the pond before you can come in :icon_mrgreen:

An hour with no service is weird. I have never experienced that at any dealership.

I tend to put less importance on customer service. It is nice, but I would rather buy a great car from a jerk, than a lemon from a kiss up.

Take your shoes off and see how fast they will come talk to you. :D

I also thought about this. How do you actually do it? Isn't the asphalt hotter than hell some times?

Went to the Jag and Land Rover dealer here in DC just to browse and asked the girl at the front desk for someone who could show us a car on the lot and she paged for someone and then vanished. Waited about 30 minutes and not one person approached us so we left. All the dealerships I've been too, it's been completely hit or miss.

:icon_thumleft:

Also in my house there is strictly no shoes policy. LV Eric when you come to visit me you got to wash your feet in the pond before you can come in :icon_mrgreen:

Caddyshack Pool or Pond for Carl Spackler :icon_mrgreen:

LV Eric I think you know where you stand with Fortis! The pond is good for you!!

Caddyshack Pool or Pond for Carl Spackler :icon_mrgreen:

LV Eric I think you know where you stand with Fortis! The pond is good for you!!

:lol2:

When u rarely wear shoes the skin on the bottoms of your feet become shiny and like Teflon, they don’t pick up dirt and never smell. I can wear shoes and socks on a 24 hour flight and my socks at the end of the trip still smell like the detergent they were washed in. All the dead skin cells that create Oder are exfoliated off my feet. They are a self cleaning body part. Takes years to develop this, but it’s great. Nothing hurts in bare feet (except extreme heat) I never get cuts, punctures, anything bad. And the no smell part is the best.

I just walk in with no shoes on, works great every time.

If they know me, I’m not waiting at all

If they don’t know me, 2-3 people will approach me and when they figure it out I got action instantly.

I’m dead serious about this. In LA it’s well known ,I do it world wide.

Best,

Eric :)

Reminds me of our mutual friend's infamous Ferrari of Beverly Hills story...

We had a friend who had some insane family cash (3 comma club cash), awesome guy, certainly a wild child, but he did being rich right. Anyways, years for his 18th Birthday he walks into Ferrari of Beverly Hills in old worn sandals, a white shirt, loose torn jeans and sunglasses. He looked potentially homeless, but a little bit cleaner. Anywho, he sees a Ferrari F40 in the showroom and is checking it out while everyone there ignores him. Finally after about 30 min he is able to get a salesman and asks how much for the F40. The salesman tells him it's "out of his price range" at $500,000.02 (if forget the exact amount, but the change did come to 2 cents). Our friend hands the salesman 2 pennies and says "here's my deposit, don't sell this car for 3 hours." Sure enough, 3 hours later he returns with a check in hand for the full price minus the 2 cents. If memory serves me correctly he told the sales manager to ensure the sales guy that was off putting to him would not get the commission on the sale. LV and Test feel free to add in details I may have missed.

Reminds me of our mutual friend's infamous Ferrari of Beverly Hills story...

We had a friend who had some insane family cash (3 comma club cash), awesome guy, certainly a wild child, but he did being rich right. Anyways, years for his 18th Birthday he walks into Ferrari of Beverly Hills in old worn sandals, a white shirt, loose torn jeans and sunglasses. He looked potentially homeless, but a little bit cleaner. Anywho, he sees a Ferrari F40 in the showroom and is checking it out while everyone there ignores him. Finally after about 30 min he is able to get a salesman and asks how much for the F40. The salesman tells him it's "out of his price range" at $500,000.02 (if forget the exact amount, but the change did come to 2 cents). Our friend hands the salesman 2 pennies and says "here's my deposit, don't sell this car for 3 hours." Sure enough, 3 hours later he returns with a check in hand for the full price minus the 2 cents. If memory serves me correctly he told the sales manager to ensure the sales guy that was off putting to him would not get the commission on the sale. LV and Test feel free to add in details I may have missed.

There are a few subtle clues being put out there when you walk into a high end dealership looking the way you describe.

Most "regular" people are very aware of the circumstance of walking into a place like this and would probably be a little awkward if they were going in to just merely browse the cars (even dressed up nicely). To be so comfortable in your own skin even while looking like a bum says you either are a real bum or you are a massive baller. Since I doubt any real bum ever walked into a high end dealership, it's safer to guess it's the latter most of the time. :lol2:

It's unfortunate your friend had to go get a check and couldn't just wire the cash, unless he wanted to make a statement over those 2 cents. :icon_mrgreen:

I was reading an article that said that arrogance in the sales industry was often good for business because typically the customer would seek "revenge" at another store of the same brand. They would attribute that one store as a bad apple and just go to another one before dumping the brand entirely.

Almost seems to make sense. I never understood the idea of being arrogant with people who often have way more money than you. The networking possibilities of such a position would seem to be a perk, don't understand why the s**** attitude unless this line of work attracts real insecure jerks? :lol2:

I was reading an article that said that arrogance in the sales industry was often good for business because typically the customer would seek "revenge" at another store of the same brand. They would attribute that one store as a bad apple and just go to another one before dumping the brand entirely.

Almost seems to make sense. I never understood the idea of being arrogant with people who often have way more money than you. The networking possibilities of such a position would seem to be a perk, don't understand why the s**** attitude unless this line of work attracts real insecure jerks? :lol2:

Case in point:

Ferrari

I believe we have covered this before , especially with Eric and his pathetic choice of clothes😄 . Unltimately , one can choose to dress however they wish , wanna look like a street person , may the force be with you .

Some people are vain and some are not . I have noticed that walking into high end dealerships looking seriously underdressed has become a fad , almost a challenge to belittle the sales people and challenging their ability to classify who is a buyer and who is not .

A good experienced salesperson , and I do emphasize good , will take a stab at any potential client walking into the dealership . You do get judged by how you dress and a first impression is very important . At the same time , the exact opposite happens quite a bit , when bullshit people visit dressed to the t and waste everybody ‘s time acting like a big shot .

An experience salesman will see through the bullshit pretty fast but if you don’t engage , you will never find out and possibly miss on solid oppprtunities.

I believe we have covered this before , especially with Eric and his pathetic choice of clothes😄 . Unltimately , one can choose to dress however they wish , wanna look like a street person , may the force be with you .

Some people are vain and some are not . I have noticed that walking into high end dealerships looking seriously underdressed has become a fad , almost a challenge to belittle the sales people and challenging their ability to classify who is a buyer and who is not .

A good experienced salesperson , and I do emphasize good , will take a stab at any potential client walking into the dealership . You do get judged by how you dress and a first impression is very important . At the same time , the exact opposite happens quite a bit , when bullshit people visit dressed to the t and waste everybody ‘s time acting like a big shot .

An experience salesman will see through the bullshit pretty fast but if you don’t engage , you will never find out and possibly miss on solid oppprtunities.

Maybe the $100,000 watch’s help I don’t know lol

Or care, I have good hygiene

Oh btw I do have lots of Zilli cloths, so if you think I’m always dressed poorly-guess again.

When u rarely wear shoes the skin on the bottoms of your feet become shiny and like Teflon, they don’t pick up dirt and never smell. I can wear shoes and socks on a 24 hour flight and my socks at the end of the trip still smell like the detergent they were washed in. All the dead skin cells that create Oder are exfoliated off my feet. They are a self cleaning body part. Takes years to develop this, but it’s great. Nothing hurts in bare feet (except extreme heat) I never get cuts, punctures, anything bad. And the no smell part is the best.

Ok I believe you but I’ve seen homeless barefoot people and they did not look not smelly and also I don’t think their self cleaning system was functioning :lol2:

There are a few subtle clues being put out there when you walk into a high end dealership looking the way you describe.

Most "regular" people are very aware of the circumstance of walking into a place like this and would probably be a little awkward if they were going in to just merely browse the cars (even dressed up nicely). To be so comfortable in your own skin even while looking like a bum says you either are a real bum or you are a massive baller. Since I doubt any real bum ever walked into a high end dealership, it's safer to guess it's the latter most of the time. :lol2:

It's unfortunate your friend had to go get a check and couldn't just wire the cash, unless he wanted to make a statement over those 2 cents. :icon_mrgreen:

Or use his debit card :turboalex:

So true. If you don't engage, then you would never know. I never judge. Had patients who wear brand names and would never accept treatment and vice versa. Because ultimately, it's your health...you choose.

Lamborghini briefly had a dealership in Portland years back. They invited customers to a grand opening celebration. The wealthiest person at the event was the least well dressed.

I have never worked in sales and I know better than to judge a person by clothes.

I think that a lot of people with money like to shop for expensive things dressed like a slob. I would. I imagine it is pretty amusing.