2011 lp550-2 egear tips and general info

Babybull89

Just baught my first gallardo ..... its a 2011 lp550-2 egear.... any known issues with this transmission and any tips of maximzing clutch life..... id also like to know any info about these cars since there isnt much info out there like there is for the early cars.... anything a owner like myself should expect from this car.... waiting on auto transport now im super exited to own my first supercar... any info will be appreciated!!!! Thx

Just baught my first gallardo ..... its a 2011 lp550-2 egear.... any known issues with this transmission and any tips of maximzing clutch life..... id also like to know any info about these cars since there isnt much info out there like there is for the early cars.... anything a owner like myself should expect from this car.... waiting on auto transport now im super exited to own my first supercar... any info will be appreciated!!!! Thx

Hi Babybull89,

congrats on buying your 2011 LP550-2. You will love the car.

The LP series is very reliable. You have bought german reliability with beautiful Italian styling.

The only relative weak point in the lambo is the e-gear clutch. Not because of its design as it is a very reliable component but because of the way drivers use it.

Google up 'how to drive an e-gear Gallardo Lamborghini' and you will get a lot of good advice from the forums.

The key to maximising clutch life IMHO is to engage the clutch briskly when taking off or going in reverse, coast in neutral when coming to a stop, minimize reversing up steep inclines and driveways, never ever drive with your foot on the brake and the accelerator at the same time and drive in sport mode or even corsa-never auto.

cheers,

john

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

thank you all for the replys i was absent from this forum for a while due to having a child and life in general .... i love the car and have had no issues with it so far.... i appreciate all the advice it definetly helped!!!! i drive it every chance i get and have already put some wheels on it ..... hoping to do much more soon!!!!

DA8CD5D5-4353-40F2-8A2B-DE39D62CE8A7.jpeg

BF5998E6-14A7-4EF8-A4E5-FEC8241A5458.jpeg