WOW

Allan-Herbie

Beauty.

Whats with the door sill? Reflection? Im not familiar with these cars.

Looks like some kind of plastic sheeting to protect the wide and easily shoe-damaged leather sill.

The combo is stunning.

This car belongs to my friend Adelchi in Europe. The car, some of you might have seen on Classic Driver 3 years ago. The price was ridiculously cheap compared to other Countaches at the time, ($320K?). The reason being that someone (I think in Japan?) Installed a horrendous body kit and multiple turbochargers. It looked ridiculous. Adelchi bought this car along with a RWD Diablo around the same time in a similar color. His goal was to restore this like new. I've gotten to see the journey overtime and talk to Adelchi about his restoration. Incredibly inspriring. I was skeptical at first of the color, but it came out incredible.

WOW! i am so happy to see it posted on lambo power :) tks Allan for posting it here :jerry:

car is a 1980 countach S, LP400s series 2 lowbody, a rare and amazing car to start whith, whit only 105 built by factory in 1980-81

we had the privilege to work on this project with the current owner, good friend and customer, for the last 18 months or so

it has been a LONG but super addictive journey...and what you see there is the result of a lot of time, research and dedication

Adelchi bought this countach already as modified car, so purist can look at the car and see what has been done to it to bring it to its current state with a benevolent eye

the previous owner did an incredible job in the super charger install on this car and its development: centrifugal compressor ( turbo moved by belt), 2 water coolers with indipendent circuit, electronic fuel injection with 6 Jenvey double trhottle bodies to replace the Weber DCOE carbs, electronic ignition, Motec ecus, custom SS silencer ...and the list goes on and on

current owner is a crazy "greencars-dude", he owns and owned some rare green body-cream interior sport cars, including a diablo VT, born with this rare combinations of colors

he was looking for a countach since some time without much luck, when he found a pulled a trigger on this rare lowbody S

i was with him when he took delivery of the car and, after purchasing, we chatted a lot of what to do with it

in the end he choosed to have the car restored to original body and interior, while preserving what have been done to the engine to improve the performances. i have to say this had been a much dicussed topic...Adelchi thought a lof if put the V12 back to full stock specs: atmo engine with Weber DCOE carbs

i have to say i insisted a lot on preserving the charged engine configuration for 2 valid reasons (in my opinion):

- the job was part of the car history, since the car was running in boosted configurations since many years

- the mechanical workamnship was of a very high standard, and anyone who have personally observed the car was amazed by the job

for the color combination, we ended up with this breath taking combo, researching what was available from lamborghini color and interior chart in 1980, exactly as he would have ordered one in period

Adelchi and me could write a book on the restoration of this car, no kiddin!

but just to mention the more interesting facts and details:

- body has been stripped and restored to original. color is verde abete, available on factory chart for the LP400S countach

- interior has been totally redone: leather is senape, dashboard is brown mousehair, again all correct for a series 2 countach S. the job was done by the 2 guys that made countach interiors in the 80's at Bruno Paratelli shop, the original lamborghini supplier for countach interios at the time. they are making countach interiors since they were kids and nobody can do a better job than them on a countach interior.

- we put toegether all the parts to convert the drivetrain back to stock: carbs, inlet manifolds, original airbox, twin distributors...everything is now stored on a shelf and could be installed if owner will ever want to do it

- we sourced and installed ONLY original parts for a countach LP400S series 2: from the carello fog lights in the front, to the original countach S big adjustable wing, passing trogh the original steering wheel, gearknob, sebring bullet mirrors and ANSA SPORT F1 exhaust...

- the only visible change in the outside is the custom engine boonet, necessary to accomodate the large water coolers.

- an original Panasonic cockpit roof mounted cassette stereo had been installed. i have personally seen at least a pair of countach that had it on, installed before delivery from factory or dealers

- the car starts everytime with half turn of the key and engine runs so smooth you would hardly believe it is a 1980 car

- car develops from 450 to 520 real hp, depending on boost, bench tested by the previous owner. the level of boost is set at a very conservative value

and last...the sound it makes! dear God....it is CRAZY!

imagine to hear an old lamborghini V12 toegether with a sound of compressor and snort of blow off valves. UNBELIEVABLE! you would think this beast of an engine came directly from hell under this bonnet :eek3dance:

...i almost forgot one of the coolest thing:

when the car was completed i got a call from an italian test driver that had seen the car at the shop and wanted to test it... :icon_mrgreen:

post-4328-1522582408_thumb.jpg

post-4328-1522582453_thumb.jpg

Looks like some kind of plastic sheeting to protect the wide and easily shoe-damaged leather sill.

The combo is stunning.

correct. the image was took at first drive

with the sills still under protection plastics

Did I read that this Countach is supercharged? I love the color on it

yes, it is

color is spectacular...if possible even more so in person. called "Verde Abete"

one interior shot:

below the dashboard, an auxiliary panel has been built to house the pressure gauge for the compressor

very discreet and easily removable :icon_mrgreen:

post-4328-1522593259_thumb.jpg

Emilio, that was a great write up on this car!!

thank you! :)

it's really just a quick and not comprehensive summary...would be nice to make something on this project for the web or magazines

the previous owner did an incredible job in the super charger install on this car and its development: centrifugal compressor ( turbo moved by belt), 2 water coolers with indipendent circuit, electronic fuel injection with 6 Jenvey double trhottle bodies to replace the Weber DCOE carbs, electronic ignition, Motec ecus, custom SS silencer ...and the list goes on and on

Emilio, the pre owner must be a fcuking genius.... :icon_mrgreen:

No engine pics? Wtf?

we are planning a professional photoshoot soon

will post a lot of nice pics when done

of body interior and engine :)

we are planning a professional photoshoot soon

will post a lot of nice pics when done

of body interior and engine :)

Emilio, was this car black before?

LOVE the color combo...but I must admit, I am a little BIAS LOL

ONLY 6.0 Finished from the Factory in this color Combo

post-23696-1522701104.jpg

IMHO, must critique that it would look proper good with brighter gold coloured wheels. They are now very dark like the car too so there is not contrast in luma of car and wheels.