z06 RING TIME CONTROVERSY

Allan-Herbie

I've heard this also, and discounted it.

GM is at the Ring for suspension tuning, not magazine articles. Of course they're going to go through hundreds of settings while there (hopefully) to provide the best default suspension setting. Whether this particular Magnussen PR lap is indicative of what a stock Plastic mess-06 will do out of the box, I don't know. But I'd bet it's very close.

As to the tires being runflats or not as everyone on all these boards are crying about, I could care less because that's trumped up anyway. The current runflat model that the Plastic mess-06 will ship with is every bit as good in the dry as a P-Zero Rossa, believe me. And that's because neither of them are the best compared to a Michelin PS2 or Bridgestone RA050. They're close, but not the best.

Think of it this way:

Remove 400lbs of weight from a Gallardo. Add nearly 100ft/lbs. or torque to its engine. Drive it around the Ring on P-Zero Corsas (the stickier option). What time do you think it will log?

If a stock G = 7:52, I'd bet the changes above could net a 10 second drop for sure, which is right where the Plastic mess-06 scored.

And this is coming from someone who despises those shit boxes and their plastic garbage interiors. But I call it like I see it, and the Plastic mess-06 is a killer track car for sure.

i like my shitbox very much thank you :finga: and tell me where you can get a gallardo to loose 400lbs :?:

i like my shitbox very much thank you :finga: and tell me where you can get a gallardo to loose 400lbs :?:

You can't. Read the post again, this time slower.

What I'm saying is that IF you took a Gallardo and made those modifications, it would turn a similar time to the Plastic mess-06. Thus, the Plastic mess-06 time is not "fake" as is being claimbed by others.

I'm actually HELPING you Plastic mess-06 mouth-breathers win an argument, which of course you're so shocked at someone actually being on your side that you're misinterpreting it as an attack. :lol:

o no i know what you mean but but saying you can remove 400 lbs would be bad example because its hard to imagine it being done. yea i was kinda shocked but i gotta take a defensive when someone calls my car a shitbox....but you get what you pay for and its one hell of a performing car for the money.

Pretty easy to lose 400lbs in a Gallardo. #1, start with a 6 speed, they are approx 200lbs lighter than an egear, change the exhaust, loses about 60pds, and then dump the all wheel drive. Wa La, you are there.

As for the Plastic mess-06 time, if this is true, then its time should not be compared to tother regular production cars times, expecially those done by SPort Auto, in which they take a regular production car, and in 1 day click off a fast lap.

Thats crazy if all this new Plastic mess-06 talk is true i might have to jump on the bandwagon!.

Pretty easy to lose 400lbs in a Gallardo. #1, start with a 6 speed, they are approx 200lbs lighter than an egear, change the exhaust, loses about 60pds, and then dump the all wheel drive. Wa La, you are there.

but will the car perform the same or better timewise. how much performance will you loose by going rwd instead of awd? what about shifting when you change to a 6 speed instead if sequential paddle shifter? wouldnt lambo of kept the six if they felt it was better? 60lbs through exhaust seems like alot of weight for what cant be much longer than my catback and stock headers. mine are titanium and are pretty light.

GM has lied about POS perf stats since the C4. Myself, I am ignoring everything until they begin to deliver the car.

It's going to be a great track car... fun and fast as hell on the street... but I dont care if it runs 7:35 @ the ring... with the GM badge, Model-T prod #s, and what must be the worst interior on any sports car above $50K ever... It is still $15-20K over-priced.

and what must be the worst interior on any sports car above $50K ever... It is still $15-20K over-priced.

i didnt buy my POS for the interior....but the performance per dollar and its americas sports car. but im with you on the new z being over priced and it will get worse when some of these dealers try and mark up the prices. hell the ford gt price is skyhigh and hasnt dropped at the local dealer in fl since they got it. all you south fl guys might of seen the white with blue stripe one in world ford in pembroke pines.

but will the car perform the same or better timewise. how much performance will you loose by going rwd instead of awd? what about shifting when you change to a 6 speed instead if sequential paddle shifter? wouldnt lambo of kept the six if they felt it was better? 60lbs through exhaust seems like alot of weight for what cant be much longer than my catback and stock headers. mine are titanium and are pretty light.

The Lambo does have a 6. You have the option. The 6 inmo is much better, and changing the exhaust, it will definately lose atleast 60pds. On my DIablo it was just under 100pds. If you ever saw the exhaust systems on these youd know what i mean.

Allan is right Im quite sure, lots of heavy stuff on these, and if u want to keep the AWD as I would, dont forget to go with LIGHTER seats!!! Also, I think if u got the Piton gears and engine upgrades, as well as some intake work, u could be looking at what, maby 530-540 HP..now were talking!

Well,my buddy got a C6 about a month ago.He loves the speed of the car but the brakes are gone after 5000km.So much for improved brakes on the new cars.

Also as i mentioned on another thread the car has 2 front left rotors.I guess the factory ran out of right rotors that day and slapped this on and sent the car on its way.

GM has lied about POS perf stats since the C4. Myself, I am ignoring everything until they begin to deliver the car.

It's going to be a great track car... fun and fast as hell on the street... but I dont care if it runs 7:35 @ the ring... with the GM badge, Model-T prod #s, and what must be the worst interior on any sports car above $50K ever... It is still $15-20K over-priced.

how has gm lied about the POS's performance stats? It has always seemed pretty much head on when I look at it. The only incorrect info ive ever seen gm print up was the performance of the ls1 fbodies, which gm kept low to keep a distance from the vettes.

As for the Plastic mess-06 time, if this is true, then its time should not be compared to tother regular production cars times, expecially those done by SPort Auto, in which they take a regular production car, and in 1 day click off a fast lap.

<-stupid

-James Miller

The same rumors happened when Nissan made the claim the R33 Skyline was the first production car to break the 8 min time barrier. Rumor had, that it was sliightly tweaked with different tires. Most do respect this claim

The same rumors happened when Nissan made the claim the R33 Skyline was the first production car to break the 8 min time barrier. Rumor had, that it was sliightly tweaked with different tires.  Most do respect this claim

I wouldnt be suprized if everything else besides the tires where modified.