RIP Zmydust (Jonathan)

Assman

A life lost too soon. Rest in Peace man. Makes you put things into perspective. I pray his family finds peace.

When I was 16 , a very good friend went through a stop sign and got hit by a Dino Ferrari . Killed on impact , his passenger was thrown onto the side walk and lost his helmet landing on the concrete slab , broke his skull and was never the same . I watched it all happen from the balcony of my apartment , like slow mo . Waste of 2 young lives , they were both 16 and my guess PTSD for the Ferrari driver for a long time .

I owned 2 bikes at the time , put them up for sale the next day and have not been on one since .

RIP Zmydust , gone too soon

When I was 16 , a very good friend went through a stop sign and got hit by a Dino Ferrari . Killed on impact , his passenger was thrown onto the side walk and lost his helmet landing on the concrete slab , broke his skull and was never the same . I watched it all happen from the balcony of my apartment , like slow mo . Waste of 2 young lives , they were both 16 and my guess PTSD for the Ferrari driver for a long time .

I owned 2 bikes at the time , put them up for sale the next day and have not been on one since .

RIP Zmydust , gone too soon

Tragic and RIP.

Motorcycles.

Per mile driven, you are at least thirty times more likely to be killed than in a car. Three friends of mine have had serious accidents, none were their fault. One was a mechanical failure due to a sloppy service on his Ducati, the other two were hit by idiots. All three are lucky to alive, one of them barely made it, but thankfully made a very slow but full recovery. Mountain bike on a fire trail is my limit these days.

A very good friend of mine tboned a car which illegally turned in front of him, open pelvis fracture, fractured legs and arms, broken ribs, collapsed lung, one of his legs is now shorther that the other, never seen a man with so many tubes coming out of him in the hospital, VERY lucky to be alive.

Not his 1st crash.

His wife asked me to help her sell every bike and bike related item he had while he was in the hospital.

He swore never to get on one again, I hope he keeps his word because he’s obsessed with bikes.

I also came off a bike once, that cured me for life LOL.

I'm told the smart way to do motorcycling is to only ride on tracks and/or ship them out to Montana/Nebraska/Dakotas/etc.....there your risk is mostly limited to high siding a bike which would be painful but not life threatening in most cases.

Now that's the rational, logical thing.....but easier said than done.

fcuk... makes me not want to ride anytime soon. RIP man. Wonder if the bike had issues or was rider error? I know gixsers are not made for corners and more straight line speed.

fcuk... makes me not want to ride anytime soon. RIP man. Wonder if the bike had issues or was rider error? I know gixsers are not made for corners and more straight line speed.

Gixxers are incredible bikes in the twisties/corners/tracks, you might be thinking of the GSX1300R (Hayabusa's), which are acclaimed 1/4 mile kings. Absolute rockets in a straight line, but yeah, that's about all they are good for.

I lost one friend to a motorcycle crash in 2007 (he crossed over a yellow line in a curve and hit a truck head one), and one of my very closest friends to a motorcycle crash in 2012 (she was on the back of a Harley and the guy she was seeing hit a curb and launched her. She died a few days later after a brutal couple of days for her family. It was only their 2nd or 3rd date... :( ).

I have ridden on and off since I was a teenager and have had a dozen different bikes. I sold my last one before I got married years ago and while they never fail to catch my eye and cause passing interest, I am hesitant to ever "own" another one for the reasons already stated.

I commute almost 2 hours a day now and have been hit at least a half dozen times over the years in minor mishaps in traffic, exit ramps, etc. To this day I am blessed as I have never been hurt (knock on wood!). Had I been on my bike any of those incidences, the outcome could have been much, much different...

Gixxers are incredible bikes in the twisties/corners/tracks, you might be thinking of the GSX1300R (Hayabusa's), which are acclaimed 1/4 mile kings. Absolute rockets in a straight line, but yeah, that's about all they are good for.

I lost one friend to a motorcycle crash in 2007 (he crossed over a yellow line in a curve and hit a truck head one), and one of my very closest friends to a motorcycle crash in 2012 (she was on the back of a Harley and the guy she was seeing hit a curb and launched her. She died a few days later after a brutal couple of days for her family. It was only their 2nd or 3rd date... :( ).

I have ridden on and off since I was a teenager and have had a dozen different bikes. I sold my last one before I got married years ago and while they never fail to catch my eye and cause passing interest, I am hesitant to ever "own" another one for the reasons already stated.

I commute almost 2 hours a day now and have been hit at least a half dozen times over the years in minor mishaps in traffic, exit ramps, etc. To this day I am blessed as I have never been hurt (knock on wood!). Had I been on my bike any of those incidences, the outcome could have been much, much different...

Yes I was thinking of Hayabusa's. Good call.

Very sad. RIP

Life is short. We never know how short.

Enjoy EVERY day and be grateful for the good things.