Anyone know this 2008 Gallardo LA07613 salavage car for sale? (PA)

Sandy de Groot

Hi,

we are in the market for a salvage Gallardo for a shop project car to keep techs busy. This '08 Gallardo looks like a good candidate, was wondering if anyone knows any stories about the car. It was last owned in GA I believe.

Also, interested in hearing any valuable insights about purchasing wrecked lamborghinis from a salvage auction. I would love to have a Lambo in our stable and buying a salvage car would appear to be the way to kill 2 birds with one stone.

Thanks! ZHWGU22T88LA07613

salvageLA07613.jpg

we are in the market for a salvage Gallardo for a shop project car

This idea enters my head once or twice a year, then we always get cold feet. Probably with good reason based on horror stories we've witnessed about people buying banged up cars at auction. But someone out there has to have good experiences, and maybe someone knows this car and what happened to it? How do you contact the last owner of a car that goes to salvage auction??

I think a Salvage car would possibly be a good choice if you want to glue the car back together somehow and for it to look great 50 feet away. At that point you really have to forget about resale and be content knowing what you own.

Now if you want to fix it inside out and have a gem you will probably spend the same amount of money as a mint example and still have that blemish on the cars history.

Good luck

I think a Salvage car would possibly be a good choice if you want to glue the car back together somehow and for it to look great 50 feet away. At that point you really have to forget about resale and be content knowing what you own.

Now if you want to fix it inside out and have a gem you will probably spend the same amount of money as a mint example and still have that blemish on the cars history.

Good luck

Thanks for chipping in. Our goal would be to have it look as good as new. Pretty sure we could do that, within some budget (break even when we sell it someday). Worst case we need to dump a new engine in there.

All our current cars are salvage cars, both personal and business. We are happy when we find a car well restored and the stigma doesn't bother us.

Sitting on the fence with this one. Would love to get a copy of the insurance adjusters report. Always thought I wasn't a gambler but maybe that's not true.

That's a UGR car

This isn't one to limp into on the cheap IMO. IF that motor needs a rebuild you'll be a bit of $$ into getting it put back together.

Thanks for chipping in, guys. My wife likes to think outside the box and has been dreaming of a Lambo for a long time. :) Too much risk. Likely the engine hasn't run right since the first collision.