John Cena Is A G

Supercar Ace

Long before he took delivery he signed the same exact paperwork everybody else with an allocation did, which expressly outlined the terms and conditions of the allocation.

What do you know about Ford GTs?

Long before he took delivery he signed the same exact paperwork everybody else with an allocation did, which expressly outlined the terms and conditions of the allocation.

I talked to him directly.....And no he did not. Which is why he took the $2M.

I talked to him directly.....And no he did not. Which is why he took the $2M.

Yes he did. I don't care what he told you, including his wildly fabricated number. I mean, if you really don't believe me, you can go ahead and download the legal filings from the suit - his initials and signature are all over the papers right there for all to see.

Funny that he tells (told) people he got a much higher number than he actually took. The buyer of the car had no problem providing Ford all the documentation related to his purchase. It wasn't even close to $2 million, and what Cena is now telling Ford his cut was isn't even close to what the buyer paid. Broker made out.

Believe me, I know way more about this than you.

Yes he did. I don't care what he told you, including his wildly fabricated number. I mean, if you really don't believe me, you can go ahead and download the legal filings from the suit - his initials and signature are all over the papers right there for all to see.

Funny that he tells (told) people he got a much higher number than he actually took. The buyer of the car had no problem providing Ford all the documentation related to his purchase. It wasn't even close to $2 million, and what Cena is now telling Ford his cut was isn't even close to what the buyer paid. Broker made out.

Dave, what was the $?

interesting.. so was there any legal repercussion from this? or is it still going on?

Nope.

The cars in the Middle East GCC countries don't *functionally* have the same restrictions so a number of those have been sold. I'm sure there are cars here that have been sold on agreements they stay parked for 24 months.

A couple dummies have had their allocations nuked for shopping them, which cracks me up.

I’ll take one of those nukes!

I'm sure there will be more.

I think that should be sanctioned sport. Irrefutably prove a guy is shopping his car, you get his allocation. :icon_mrgreen:

I’m surprised that buyers did not setting up holding companies and place the car as the sole asset in the company.

Sell the shares.

Pocket the cash.

Technically the ownership remains with the name on the purchase agreement.

(Or was that contingency thought of?)

I’m surprised that buyers did not setting up holding companies and place the car as the sole asset in the company.

Sell the shares.

Pocket the cash.

Technically the ownership remains with the name on the purchase agreement.

(Or was that contingency thought of?)

At some point it just becomes a matter of not being a lying cunt. Everyone signed a bunch of shit saying "I really want this car blah blah blah and I agree that if you give it to me I will not sell it." Ford isn't Ferrari or Lambo. They don't have a 50 year client history of people willing to blow $500k on a single car, and market value of the car is way north of that. If you put the car in an LLC, you will most likely get a phone call and they are going to inquire about your intentions with the car. I guess you can still lie about it then. If it looks like you may be out to sell it, you're probably going to get a bunch of follow up calls. Some people have already caved in the face of having to lie direct to someone's face.

I guess if people are THAT desperate for the extra money, they can go through the hoops, lie about it and sell it, but I think that's pretty dumb. They weren't shy about the fact they really wanted people to keep the car. The first thing you had to do was sign and return a notarized affidavit saying you would do so, which Cena and everyone else did. If you didn't, they wouldn't let you order. Then on your order form, you again initialed every option selection and then signed just above a statement saying you agree to keep the car for 2 years. That's a lot of lying to go through to make a couple hundred grand after taxes, when the alternative is you could just wait a couple years and sell it then.

At some point it just becomes a matter of not being a lying cunt. Everyone signed a bunch of shit saying "I really want this car blah blah blah and I agree that if you give it to me I will not sell it." Ford isn't Ferrari or Lambo. They don't have a 50 year client history of people willing to blow $500k on a single car, and market value of the car is way north of that. If you put the car in an LLC, you will most likely get a phone call and they are going to inquire about your intentions with the car. I guess you can still lie about it then. If it looks like you may be out to sell it, you're probably going to get a bunch of follow up calls. Some people have already caved in the face of having to lie direct to someone's face.

I guess if people are THAT desperate for the extra money, they can go through the hoops, lie about it and sell it, but I think that's pretty dumb. They weren't shy about the fact they really wanted people to keep the car. The first thing you had to do was sign and return a notarized affidavit saying you would do so, which Cena and everyone else did. If you didn't, they wouldn't let you order. Then on your order form, you again initialed every option selection and then signed just above a statement saying you agree to keep the car for 2 years. That's a lot of lying to go through to make a couple hundred grand after taxes, when the alternative is you could just wait a couple years and sell it then.

I hope ford nails his ass.

Nope.

The cars in the Middle East GCC countries don't *functionally* have the same restrictions so a number of those have been sold. I'm sure there are cars here that have been sold on agreements they stay parked for 24 months.

In the GCC, cars are bought for pleasure and when they are a few years old and no longer the latest and greatest thing they get sold without much effort in getting a high price for them.

On the flip side cars are often not given enough TLC compared to those in the West.

The idea of a private owner selling a car to make money off of them is laughable over here.

Some local Huracan asking prices today:

$115,000 USD

$138,600 USD

$158,000 USD

I 100% agree that money is irrelevant to the sellers of those cars. I also assure you they were sold within a very short period of time after delivery for way over the original sales price.

I 100% agree that money is irrelevant to the sellers of those cars. I also assure you they were sold within a very short period of time after delivery for way over the original sales price.

Capitalism rules always apply. :turboalex: :icon_mrgreen:

I don't get Ford, or a lot of other manufacturers for that matter. Why not keep building the car? 10 years, whatever, like the Veyron or Gallardo. Everyone gets one! You can never correct for time and buyers wanted it today, but if everyone that wanted a FGT got allocated one at MSRP, there wouldn't be as big a flipper/broker market and you wouldn't need all these additional conditions and screenings and documents and so on. Also, you've pour all this capital into R&D, manufacturing, safety, labour unions, transportation, global emissions compliance, etc. all to have WWE superstar and legend John Cena profit from the effort?

I'm sure there will be an exclusivity comment, but again, if I was Ford, I'd be more motivated by profit. Porsche had to cut CGT production short. That car does not suffer from exclusivity or a flooded market today. Wasn't the 2005 FGT a similar story, or were those hard to get as well?

Ford GT is an absolute pain in the dick to build, and it's just not what they do. Profit is not a factor on the car; there will almost certainly never be one. It was basically built for one reason and one reason alone - to win Le Mans in 2016. In my opinion, the rest of it is a pain in the ass to them at this point. The low volume is a result of production method, not an artificially imposed production cap. It took them forever just to get to five cars a week. They could certainly keep building it for more years, but whether it's 4-5-6 years, it will still be ~250 units a year (if everything goes right, which rarely happens) and I think there's plenty of excess demand at that level for a $500k car.