Gotta love carfax...

abolfaz

CARFAX is a joke.

There was a thread a while back showing a Lamborghini in 2 halves for sale..... crashed and torn in half at the firewall..... with a clean CarFax.

I think i t was this one. https://carbuzz.com/news/for-sale-lamborghi...used-half-price Maybe someone else can clarify, but I remember seeing similar pictures and people pointing out that it had a clean CarFax.

Don't trust them and do your homework is the moral of the story.

CARFAX is a business that supposedly protects the consumer, the dealers promote it as your protection. As shown it's nothing more than a sugar pill until you discover one day the reality that your car was a 1. write-off 2. flood damaged 3. salvage and who knows what else.

more likely a rented-salvaged-flooded-fire damaged-lemon lawed-off roaded-smoked in-family car with lots of dogs that was seized by cops for hauling drugs and raw fish after someone was murdered in it.

but the carfax was clean...

something like the "don't ask don't tell question"

Precisely.

• 4 weeks later...
CARFAX is a joke.

There was a thread a while back showing a Lamborghini in 2 halves for sale..... crashed and torn in half at the firewall..... with a clean CarFax.

I think i t was this one. https://carbuzz.com/news/for-sale-lamborghi...used-half-price Maybe someone else can clarify, but I remember seeing similar pictures and people pointing out that it had a clean CarFax.

Don't trust them and do your homework is the moral of the story.

I mentioned in a different thread awhile back that Autocheck is usually more thorough than Carfax. In my personal experience it picked up some unreported frame damage to one of my cars when I was selling it years after I bought it when Carfax never picked it up either time.

eBay uses Autocheck as well.

• 1 month later...

I have a VIN of a medium duty truck with a sparse Carfax. Doe anyone here have an Autocheck account?

3FRXW76S45V175481

Thanks in advance

I have a VIN of a medium duty truck with a sparse Carfax. Doe anyone here have an Autocheck account?

3FRXW76S45V175481

Thanks in advance

VIN didnt work when I ran it

3FRXW76S45V175481

Thanks in advance

Try RIGDIG

Try RIGDIG

That did the trick. The truck came back clean. Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
He didn't know, he took a major bath on the car.

Did your friend buy it back from the dealer he wholesaled it to?

There are many people in the business that don't know a car from an airplane. I'm amazed a man trading in six figure cars didn't pick up on the extensive paint/collision work.

It's no secret Carfax is occasionally inaccurate. I've transacted cars with a bad Carfax that clearly had only been dented but have also seen cars that were clearly wrecked and had a good fax report. This car was sold by Scottsdale Insurance at auction with a salvage title, how did it slip through the cracks ?

Knowledge and due diligence rule.

I would love if someone could tell the dealer about the car, and have them try to persue a carfax buy back. I have a strong feeling its going to be a long winded process of chasing people down with an unhappy result.

So who ate the car Abolfaz? That could approach a six figure hit.

At one time I had five buyers working for me, talk about babysitting. Lol