SV wheels on a base model

whiteout

Congrats on the score, Nick.

Tires - I see that you're selling some nice Michelins on ebay and went with Toyo's here. Why? I'm probably going to be going with these wheels on my Diablo and I was thinking about using Michelins if I could locate a new set.

Spacers: I say no. Your car has so much in common with the LP670-4 SuperVeloce and these wheels are stock from that vehicle. They're sitting on your car as they were designed to sit on that car. The lines of both vehicles are very similar. I know that you love to mod but as for me - I wouldn't/won't do those spacers.

Looks great :icon_thumleft:

Looks awesome. Was gonna say the same about the rear spacers.

Love it!

Thanks!

Congrats on the score, Nick.

Tires - I see that you're selling some nice Michelins on ebay and went with Toyo's here. Why? I'm probably going to be going with these wheels on my Diablo and I was thinking about using Michelins if I could locate a new set.

Spacers: I say no. Your car has so much in common with the LP670-4 SuperVeloce and these wheels are stock from that vehicle. They're sitting on your car as they were designed to sit on that car. The lines of both vehicles are very similar. I know that you love to mod but as for me - I wouldn't/won't do those spacers.

Thanks for the info on them.

R888r is very sticky tire, so there are no traction issues (I have to drop the clutch or stab the throttle to get wheelspin). I can launch the car HARD now. The fronts are 255 width, so it has MUCH better turn in characteristics than standard Pirelli and the car feels much lighter in the canyons. I think the R888r is probably similar to Trofeo R but at a fraction of the cost, but R888r requires 2WD.

Spacer will likely be under 10mm. My rear suspension fully compresses 3 times going in and out of my garage, so it still has to tuck into the fender. Majority of people will not notice it. But with the wider front tire siting flush with the fender, the difference in track width looks odd.

I'm pretty sure that op originally had the factory Hermera wheels on and replaced them with LP670-4 SV factory wheels. As someone who has personally handled both many times - the SV are definitely lighter. Furthermore, I'm sure that the SV wheels are forged, whereas I'm 90% certain that the Hermera wheels are cast aluminum construction. Forged wheels are almost always lighter than cast even if in the same design.

At the very least, the SV wheels are the same sizes as the Hermera wheels, but there is alot less material in the design of the SV wheels. So on that alone, they're lighter. But like I've said, I've handled both and they are most definitely lighter.

I'm pretty sure that op originally had the factory Hermera wheels on and replaced them with LP670-4 SV factory wheels. As someone who has personally handled both many times - the SV are definitely lighter. Furthermore, I'm sure that the SV wheels are forged, whereas I'm 90% certain that the Hermera wheels are cast aluminum construction. Forged wheels are almost always lighter than cast even if in the same design.

At the very least, the SV wheels are the same sizes as the Hermera wheels, but there is alot less material in the design of the SV wheels. So on that alone, they're lighter. But like I've said, I've handled both and they are most definitely lighter.

I didn't weigh the SV wheels when they came in, so I can't attest to any savings between them and the Hermera. Since I'm adding rear wheel spacers, the weight savings are likely offset.

My car originally came with Hercules, then I swapped to Hermera and now SV.

There is an early model Murciélago in the Netherlands with the SV wheels (he also replaced the taillights)

That looks great

Sickkkkkkk

:icon_super:

Thanks everyone!

Looks great. Little negative camber maybe or is that the angle?

It's on the factory alignment, but there is a little camber.