1974 Espada on BaT

cake

No connection to this sale. Stumbled across this while on BaT.

Bidding is open but nothing yet...

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1974-lamborghini-espada-2/

BaT Essentials:

Lot #9922

Seller: Denase

Chassis: 9808

Series III Example

26k Miles Shown, TMU

3.9-Liter DOHC V12

5-Speed Manual Gearbox

Black Cherry over Maroon Leather/Velour

Six Weber Carburetors

Electronic Ignition

Transmission Work in 2017

New Valve Cover Gasket in 2018

Partial Records

Private Party or Dealer: Private Party

Category: Italian

This 1974 Lamborghini Espada is a Series III example that was purchased new by its current owner for use as a personal driver and has since become part of his hangar collection in Colorado. The car is powered by a 3.9-liter DOHC V12 equipped with six carburetors and mated to a 5-speed manual gearbox. A variety of exterior and interior cosmetic modifications are described below, and the most recent service consisted of transmission work in early 2017 along with replacement of a valve cover gasket in spring 2018. This Espada is offered on behalf of the current owner by a collection staff member with partial records and a clean Colorado title.

The Espada was penned by Marcello Gandini for Bertone, and this example is believed by collection personnel to have originally been finished in tan, though it currently wears a repaint in black cherry. The older finish is shown under bright sun and indoor lighting, and several blemishes are photographed up close in the gallery below.

One owner. That's gonna bring some decent money! Probably the best color combo for an Espada that I've seen. Love BaT. Always something cool on there.

Bid went from $38000 to $100,000 in one step.

Just after bidding opened there was a bid of $1974 lol.

Be interesting to see where it ends up.

Bid went from $38000 to $100,000 in one step.

Just after bidding opened there was a bid of $1974 lol.

Be interesting to see where it ends up.

Like CT's and Jalpa's, me thinks there will be a lot of guys in the coming years upset that they didn't pick up those vintage Bulls when they were well under $100k... (and in the case of Jalpa's and Espada's, well under $50k). At one point they were probably the cheapest V12 Lambos out there. Ignored for so long but well on the upswing now.

Non original paint or interior, needs a complete restoration. Way too much $ for what it is imo.

Non original paint or interior, needs a complete restoration. Way too much $ for what it is imo.

Looks nice but I agree with albofaz. Better to have it back to its original colours and at this price it's too much.

Looks nice but I agree with albofaz. Better to have it back to its original colours and at this price it's too much.

:iamwithstupid:

I do not like the chrome grill at all. Doesn't work for me. Though Espadas are 70's cool.

:iamwithstupid:

I do not like the chrome grill at all. Doesn't work for me. Though Espadas are 70's cool.

S1 is my favorite, no clunky bumpers and killer dash. This S3 with its bumper conversion and homemade looking grill doesn't do it for me.

I don't mind the mods and actually think it looks cool, that said that at this price levels the more original your car is the more money youll get for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Sold for 100,000 to Anthony Moody (the bidder’s user name)

Only five bids and it went from $38,000 to $100,000 with no additional bids.

One of Moody’s (buyer’s) comments:

Anthony_Moody 54

Thank you for all the kind and informative comments, and I will keep everyone informed from hereon. Interestingly, this replaces the Espada Series One that I regret selling 33 years ago. At the time, then living in Chicago, I was also fortunate to have a Ferrari 330 GTC in the garage and, to the surprise of many, the Espada was clearly my favourite.

Sold for 100,000 to Anthony Moody (the bidder’s user name)

Only five bids and it went from $38,000 to $100,000 with no additional bids.

One of Moody’s (buyer’s) comments:

Anthony_Moody 54

Thank you for all the kind and informative comments, and I will keep everyone informed from hereon. Interestingly, this replaces the Espada Series One that I regret selling 33 years ago. At the time, then living in Chicago, I was also fortunate to have a Ferrari 330 GTC in the garage and, to the surprise of many, the Espada was clearly my favourite.

Shill bidder you think?

agree 100%this car needs a full resto to be a nice oneand when is done...you have a nice S3 and spent probably 150k$-200k$

better to buy something else for that money imo...some good diablos fit in this range

Shill bidder you think?
I don’t think so. The comments seem genuine.

My assumption is that he felt that was a reasonable price and obviously was willing to pay it, and rather than go up in small increments he just put it on the table. Of course I’m guessing, but since he references having owned one, and regretting selling it seems like he’s the “real deal”. He also says he’ll keep folks informed on the restoration.

I have no idea what a good value is but thought it was an interesting car to see on BaT.