I'm back in the Diablo club

megachad

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very strong...report back with some sweet canyon runs.

All the best !

Ill

Do my best!!

Congrats Chad, welcome back!

I look forward to you comparing the 6.0 to the original 2wd car. :)

I do as well. Cant wait

As far as i know they were an aftermarket.

Kind of but not really. I had parts from one of these kits, as I was told, Vic had Swift Engineering (the race car people) make twenty or so kits copied from original parts. The kits were of very high quality. Somehow in the mid 2000's, Lambo Dallas (I think) purchased all of the kits that weren't put on cars and were selling them on ebay for relatively cheap money (compared to what they cost when new). If I remember correctly, a couple of accident damaged SV's were repaired with these kits, Alex from SP converted his 6.0 and I think there were a couple of other 6.0's rebodied with these kits.

Regardless, murcivu's car is one of the nicest conversions I've seen. What's cool about this car is that it's been through the ownership of three LP board members over the last 13 or so years. Congrats again!

Welcome back!

Thank you!

Congrats to both of you as well. A very unique car!

Thanks bro! For sure

Kind of but not really. I had parts from one of these kits, as I was told, Vic had Swift Engineering (the race car people) make twenty or so kits copied from original parts. The kits were of very high quality. Somehow in the mid 2000's, Lambo Dallas (I think) purchased all of the kits that weren't put on cars and were selling them on ebay for relatively cheap money (compared to what they cost when new). If I remember correctly, a couple of accident damaged SV's were repaired with these kits, Alex from SP converted his 6.0 and I think there were a couple of other 6.0's rebodied with these kits.

Regardless, murcivu's car is one of the nicest conversions I've seen. What's cool about this car is that it's been through the ownership of three LP board members over the last 13 or so years. Congrats again!

That is my opinion as well. Thanks for the info. I heard it was 10 kits, but who really knows. They for sure were well done and trying to duplicate it now would be absurdly expensive. I am personally glad its a 91 chassis. No abs, no air bags, no power steering, no awd, no BS. Haha. All car!!

That is an awesome Diablo and I love the kit and the color.

A car like that really needs to go to an enthusiast who can appreciate the work done. Unfortunately, permanent aftermarket mods can be a liability come re-sale time though given that this one was done to such factory spec, and how rare Diablo's are compared to later cars, it's a crapshoot whether that would hold true on this car. That stated, an enthusiast can appreciate the final outcome of this car, and the trust that comes with a 'known' seller is a key element both in getting proper value and also in closing the deal.

I wish you many happy miles, in it.

Congratulations to you both.

A car like that really needs to go to an enthusiast who can appreciate the work done. Unfortunately, permanent aftermarket mods can be a liability come re-sale time though given that this one was done to such factory spec, and how rare Diablo's are compared to later cars, it's a crapshoot whether that would hold true on this car. That stated, an enthusiast can appreciate the final outcome of this car, and the trust that comes with a 'known' seller is a key element both in getting proper value and also in closing the deal.

Thank you, and I agree. Time will tell, but im not too worried about it. #1 im stoked, #2 anyone that questions the value, go find or build another one. Pretty much sums up my thoughts on this car.

Love to see our cars stay with LP members! That is what it is all about! Huge Congrats Chad...that car is SICK!!!!! WIN/WIN seller/buyer on LP!

Love to see our cars stay with LP members! That is what it is all about! Huge Congrats Chad...that car is SICK!!!!! WIN/WIN seller/buyer on LP!

Thanks bro! Definitely glad it’s staying in the family. :icon_thumleft:

Jeez that looks great! Congrats on your purchase mate. Enjoy in the best of health.

Are those work equips by chance?

Jeez that looks great! Congrats on your purchase mate. Enjoy in the best of health.

Thank you! I'm not quite sure..

Congrats Chad! Would love to see more pics of this thing out in the wild once you get it delivered!
Thank you! I will post them up for sure

Congrats Chad! Awesome looking car there!

Thank you! I agree. :icon_mrgreen:

Congrats to both the former and the new owner. Awesome looking car! Sounds like a win-win transaction for all parties. :icon_thumleft:

I agree. Couldn't have ask for a better transaction.

I love that car! Congrats to both of you!

Thx Allan. Appreciate you giving me a chance.

Spot on...as always! You are a walking Diablo encyclopedia. Never ceases to amaze me. Appreciate the kind comment.

You are absolutely correct. These types of cars are not for everybody. It does take that special person/people to appreciate it for what it is. As for the value, it usually comes down to whatever the seller and buyer agrees upon. In the end, that's all that matters.

Couldn't have gone to a better LP member!

Yes. Work wheels.

Looks like the car might make it to me by monday or tuesday! pretty stoked!

Dude...I was hoping it would've already arrived. That's ok. At least I got to play with it for another week.

Just busting your chops. I'm paranoid to even touch the car now, much less drive it. Had to bust out the car cover and post warning signs all around the car ;)

Congrats!

Thank you!

Wow she is just beautiful! Congrats bud, I hope you enjoy the heck out of it.

Thank you! I sure will

I agree. Couldn't have ask for a better transaction.

Couldn't have gone to a better LP member!

Dude...I was hoping it would've already arrived. That's ok. At least I got to play with it for another week.

Just busting your chops. I'm paranoid to even touch the car now, much less drive it. Had to bust out the car cover and post warning signs all around the car ;)

Thanks for the kind comments my friend! . I know exactly what you mean. It’s scary holding onto something when a transaction is complete. I’m not worried about it for a second! Can’t wait to see her in person. :icon_thumleft:

Congratulations to both of you guys, awesome that one stayed in the family and even cooler that you gained a trusted friend out of the deal! :) What an amazing car. Cheers!

Thanks for the kind comments my friend! . I know exactly what you mean. It’s scary holding onto something when a transaction is complete. I’m not worried about it for a second! Can’t wait to see her in person. :icon_thumleft:

Just promise me for whatever reason you decided to sell her later on, let me have first dibs at buying it back.

Congratulations to both of you guys, awesome that one stayed in the family and even cooler that you gained a trusted friend out of the deal! :) What an amazing car. Cheers!

Couldn't agree more! Thank you

Just promise me for whatever reason you decided to sell her later on, let me have first dibs at buying it back.

Absolutely!, but you may be waiting a while.. haha.. this is a keeper!