I'm back in the Diablo club

megachad

She's on her way! Definitely the sexiest car I've ever owned. Congrats again Chad and enjoy in good health. I'm not one to be sentimental about my cars leaving, but I have such a soft spot for this car. Guess partly because my son grew up with it for the past 10 years. She will be missed but never forgotten.

20180603_112828.jpg

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

She's on her way! Definitely the sexiest car I've ever owned. Congrats again Chad and enjoy in good health. I'm not one to be sentimental about my cars leaving, but I have such a soft spot for this car. Guess partly because my son grew up with it for the past 10 years. She will be missed but never forgotten.

20180603_112828.jpg

That’s one sexy looking car!!

Congrats again to both of you guys.

post-10001-1528054277_thumb.jpg

Just laid eyes on her myself! She is as gorgeous in person as in pictures!!!! Also, I can't say enough about how well the interior was done. I was so worried that for some reason something would seem off. It doesn't.. The interior is as bitchin and well done as the exterior. the engine runs so smooth and it really loves the revs! I love how heavy the clutch is.. Pedals are closer together than newer cars.. Going to need to wear some race shoes just to drive. haha. Can't wait to get some vids done with this beast!

Incredible machine! Congrats to you both

Thank you!

That’s one sexy looking car!!

Congrats again to both of you guys.

She is! Thank you!

What color is the interior? I think it was red or was it blue?

It was red, then blue, now black with orange stitching. I must have been color blind going through that many colors :)

Whenever I ride her, I would have to wear my puma shoes because of the pedals. Sorry... that came out wrong. But clutch feel is perfect, I think. Better than my 6.0 when I had it. Just felt too light and couldn't get use to it.

I want to say thank you to everyone for the kind words. I've no doubt Chad will enjoy the car as much as I have.

quick little review of the car after driving about 200 miles already.

The experience is fantastic. I am so enthusiastic about this car.

the car is loud. inside, outside, from a mile away. It's loud in how it sounds, it's loud in how it looks!

The clutch is heavy as ****, I am in absolute love with it. I sell semi trucks for a living and It is comparable to that. I've heard horror stories, but I love the feel of it. I can feel the clutch engage, it's never a question of when.

The pedals are all too close together. So close I have to wear my racing shoes... what better excuse to wear my favorite driving shoes in my favorite car.

The throttle pedal is even heavy. However it's progressive.. If you want to go fast, the car makes you earn it.. The excitement you feel as the harder you mash the throttle the more you can feel the throttle bodies open and take in that gulp of air they desire. It's intoxicating.. I need to find an open road very badly! haha

The steering is so direct without power. It isn't heavy or a nuisance. Just enjoyable.

The smells the car makes are very very lamborghini. For some reason it always makes me think of boating..

The engine is excellent. I never thought I would be so in love with the 5.7.. I've had the 6.0 the 6.2 the 6.5.. I loved all of them. Somehow this 5.7 rev's like a beast. I have no idea. maybe the older 5.7's were a shorter stroke? I love the way the engine feels and sounds.. It's perfect for this car.

Overall It's difficult to compare to any other lambo. Very similar to the 6.0 I had. The murcielago's are more friendly. The diablo is sinister and everyone that sees it loves the hell out of it. It's what lambo's are all about. So far and few between are diablo's even driven. People have already thanked me just for driving it so they could get the rare opportunity to see it. they are a dying breed and it's just not the type of car that most people understand anymore. It takes a very select few to be willing to learn how to keep one of these cars running in top shape and be willing to drive it.

I am glad I am one of those select few again. I've missed my 6.0 more than I can say. I am so glad I feel like I have found a worthy replacement.

I want to say thank you to everyone for the kind words. I've no doubt Chad will enjoy the car as much as I have.

I sure will!! I agree. thanks to everyone for the kind responses.

I wore Puma speed cats with my Diablo. That's a killer car

Def a must have to drive the car. Thank you Chipster!

Great write up, I am very happy for you!

Thank you Fortis! Acquiring this car was a dream come true. I can't thank Murcivu enough. :icon_thumleft:

drove my all original 93 diablo saturday and the 97 roadster (no cats, sport muffler and VT removed) today

i think diablos are the most undervalued cars today... still pretty fast and so nice looking sounding

with the hand make feels and one of the best italian design ever

I love the write up and the fact you are going to drive it. Life is too short to not drive and enjoy these cars. I had my Countach QV out today because it was raining, if it wasn’t raining I would have taken out the Diablo roadster lol

drove my all original 93 diablo saturday and the 97 roadster (no cats, sport muffler and VT removed) today

i think diablos are the most undervalued cars today... still pretty fast and so nice looking sounding

with the hand make feels and one of the best italian design ever

I couldn't agree with you more!! Awesome you got the cars out!

I love the write up and the fact you are going to drive it. Life is too short to not drive and enjoy these cars. I had my Countach QV out today because it was raining, if it wasn’t raining I would have taken out the Diablo roadster lol

Thanks bro! I agree. I have actually seen countach's, murcielago's, f40's, in utah. But the only other diablo I ever saw was my friends 97.5 we just sold to FrankD. I guess except when I was a kid and the Exotic Imports dealership was here. I saw a couple then, but nothing in the last 15 years. Just such a rare cool car that is truly driveable. I am so worried about something bad happening to the body on a drive. A board in the road, a stupid driver rear ending me, but I really don't care. I want to drive this car. I purchased it to enjoy the hell out of it. I thought all my hopes to own another diablo were slipping away with values going up. I just couldn't see this car passing me by. And now it's life won't either. I will drive this thing. I will learn to pull the engine out myself and maintain it. I will put a ton of miles on this car and keep it looking just like it does today.

:icon_super:

• 1 month later...
I will drive this thing. I will learn to pull the engine out myself and maintain it. I will put a ton of miles on this car and keep it looking just like it does today.

:icon_super:

AMEN to that Brother ... my philosophy exactly!! A very special breed of car and owner!

Damn...that Diablo will always look awesome! Post more pics.

will do! It sure looks amazing because of you! haha.. love the car.