04-05 gallardo vs r8

93mk4

Been thinking about getting into my first exotic for the last few years but have yet to pull the trigger.. There isnt many local places with this quality of cars near me so i havent had a chance to do any test driving only online shopping. Can anybody with personal experience give me your opinion on which car youve enjoyed more? performance, issues, maintenance etc

Been thinking about getting into my first exotic for the last few years but have yet to pull the trigger.. There isnt many local places with this quality of cars near me so i havent had a chance to do any test driving only online shopping. Can anybody with personal experience give me your opinion on which car youve enjoyed more? performance, issues, maintenance etc

What year R8 are you talking? V8 vs V10 or R8 V10 vs V10?

What year R8 are you talking? V8 vs V10 or R8 V10 vs V10?

Tryin to keep it under 90k so id most likely be looking at an 04-05 gallardo or v8 r8

Tryin to keep it under 90k so id most likely be looking at an 04-05 gallardo or v8 r8

Lots of V10 options under $90k. R8 is going to feel a lot more modern. Gallardo is raw and has much more of a soul in my opinion. Not that it matters to me, but the wow factor in my experience is 5x more in the Gallardo than the R8. That might sway you towards the R8 if you don't like the attention. An early Gallardo with Tubi or several others exhausts sound about as good as any exotic out there imo. My 04 Gallardo I had for 5 years and literally never even had a check engine light. Replaced the plugs, kept up with maintenance and had to do a clutch and brakes both around 30k miles. Was the best car I've ever owned and I've owned dozens of cars like most here...Good luck with your search!

Lots of V10 options under $90k. R8 is going to feel a lot more modern. Gallardo is raw and has much more of a soul in my opinion. Not that it matters to me, but the wow factor in my experience is 5x more in the Gallardo than the R8. That might sway you towards the R8 if you don't like the attention. An early Gallardo with Tubi or several others exhausts sound about as good as any exotic out there imo. My 04 Gallardo I had for 5 years and literally never even had a check engine light. Replaced the plugs, kept up with maintenance and had to do a clutch and brakes both around 30k miles. Was the best car I've ever owned and I've owned dozens of cars like most here...Good luck with your search!

any opinion on best place to go through for funding? After looking at gallardos forr the last few years it looks like they hit 85-90 and stay rock solid at that price. Ive seen 04 gallardos with 40k miles for 90k and ive seen 05 gallardos with 8k miles for 90k. So im searching fo my best option but like to get funding set up first. Ive seen up to 12 year loans but have yet to apply

Don't relegate yourself to only looking for 04 and 05 Gallardos at the price range you mentioned. I sold my 08 for $90k only a few months ago. It had 29k miles on it, but it was pretty much perfect both cosmetically and mechanically. A buddy of mine just sold his 07 Nera edition with 18k miles on it for $92k.

My advice - look for a private seller. The market isn't as inflated as you think, as you're probably looking at Lambo (or other exotic) dealership used cars which in this price range, are marked up $20k-30k or more over what the dealer paid for the car. Before selling a few weeks later, I was offered $65k for my car from Lambo Newport...

any opinion on best place to go through for funding? After looking at gallardos forr the last few years it looks like they hit 85-90 and stay rock solid at that price. Ive seen 04 gallardos with 40k miles for 90k and ive seen 05 gallardos with 8k miles for 90k. So im searching fo my best option but like to get funding set up first. Ive seen up to 12 year loans but have yet to apply

I am gonna give you some solid advice. A $90k car is gonna cost you $100k by the time you pax tax, tag and registration and possible transport. You are not financing a new Mercedes. You are financing a 14 yr old car and they will require 20% down min. So first make sure you have $20k cash ready. Second, if you are only looking at a 12yr loan term you should not be purchasing a $90k car. I would say anything more than 6yr term is foolish. Payment for $80k loan (after have already put $20k down from $100k total cost) is $1400/month roughly. If you can’t afford that once again you shouldn’t be buying a car at this range.

And for couple of reasons. First it means you are gonna have a tough time if suddenly you end up with a $5-10k service bill and you are now gonna pay almost $130-140k for that $90k car and certainly you aren’t gonna be keep the car until 2030 and will end up hugely upside down.

Solid advice alpha6164

12 year loan for a 14 year old car I literally can’t think of anything which would be more financially irresponsible, go buy a house before you do that, if you already have one buy another one.

I am gonna give you some solid advice. A $90k car is gonna cost you $100k by the time you pax tax, tag and registration and possible transport. You are not financing a new Mercedes. You are financing a 14 yr old car and they will require 20% down min. So first make sure you have $20k cash ready. Second, if you are only looking at a 12yr loan term you should not be purchasing a $90k car. I would say anything more than 6yr term is foolish. Payment for $80k loan (after have already put $20k down from $100k total cost) is $1400/month roughly. If you can’t afford that once again you shouldn’t be buying a car at this range.

And for couple of reasons. First it means you are gonna have a tough time if suddenly you end up with a $5-10k service bill and you are now gonna pay almost $130-140k for that $90k car and certainly you aren’t gonna be keep the car until 2030 and will end up hugely upside down.

:iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid: x1000

V8 R8's are slow. Sound good though.

I've driven a V10 R8 and a couple LP560s. The Lambo rides a little more harsh and the shifts are more aggressive. The Audi feels a little more smooth during shifts and driving. The interior feels a little more spacious as well.

Lol, if u don’t even have $50k cash then you should just get something else. How would you afford the repairs at $3-4K?

Also, if there aren’t even any place to buy from, how will you maintain the car?

How old are you anyways....

Lol, if u don’t even have $50k cash then you should just get something else. How would you afford the repairs at $3-4K?

Also, if there aren’t even any place to buy from, how will you maintain the car?

How old are you anyways....

22 years old.. the maintenace and down payment are not a real issue. the reason im capping myself at such a low number is i feel like at this point in my life i should invest majority of it back into my business and other ventures. on the other hand i dont splurge on toys much so i figured this is something ive wanted to do why not. hence why ive looked at the cheaper r8 option. Im just on here looking to get advice from guys who have been in my situation, who have done this process etc.

22 years old.. the maintenace and down payment are not a real issue. the reason im capping myself at such a low number is i feel like at this point in my life i should invest majority of it back into my business and other ventures. on the other hand i dont splurge on toys much so i figured this is something ive wanted to do why not. hence why ive looked at the cheaper r8 option. Im just on here looking to get advice from guys who have been in my situation, who have done this process etc.

Focus on your business, plenty of time to buy the toys when you have made it. Most women don't give a fcuk what you drive, the ones that do, avoid. 22 years old, your first Lamborghini, I see a hedge in your future.

Focus on your business, plenty of time to buy the toys when you have made it. Most women don't give a fcuk what you drive, the ones that do, avoid.

i suppose investing a little more into the supra may be the smarter option at this point then

i suppose investing a little more into the supra may be the smarter option at this point then

I doubt you are "investing" in your supra. Assuming it's the last gen, cool car. Focus on your business.

I doubt you are "investing" in your supra. Assuming it's the last gen, cool car. Focus on your business.

"investing"..."wasting"... same thing lol

As someone that used to have a 3.4L stroker supra Alen over $100k just in invoices I can tell you that the unmolested ones bring way more $$$. Swear not trying to be a dick but if you came here for advice you just have read multiple people back to back repeat the same point essentially and you keep circling back to wasting money.

When I was 22 I had a 87 civic with no a/c and was juggling womenz like a full time job. You don’t need a fancy car at 22. Save.

As someone that used to have a 3.4L stroker supra Alen over $100k just in invoices I can tell you that the unmolested ones bring way more $$$. Swear not trying to be a dick but if you came here for advice you just have read multiple people back to back repeat the same point essentially and you keep circling back to wasting money.

When I was 22 I had a 87 civic with no a/c and was juggling womenz like a full time job. You don’t need a fancy car at 22. Save.

I'll raise you an 88 Ford Festiva (80's KIA), didn't have many lonely nights. Moscow silver, though it did have a red racing stripe, passenger side delete mirror, 4 spd manual, am radio, no tape deck, 12-inch rims and 58 hp. My dream car at that time was a Civic SI or a used Mark 2 Golf GTI 16V.

04-05 Gallardo's aren't nearly as nice as 06 and above. Lamborghini made some significant improvements in drivability, HP and QC. 05 doors are tinny and have no weight.

Woodside credit is an excellent option for financing. A lot of these guys are instantly going to tell you to save. I’m one of the few that says screw that. Find an 08 superleggera and try anf get it under $110k. Finance the car as long as you want. It wont depreciate much lower if at all imo. Way safer bet financially than getting a cheaper version or v8 r8.

You will need 20% down for financing. Get a car that has good service history or good owner history and possibly do a ppi if you can trust who is doing it. Otherwise a ppi is worthless imo.

When i was 22, I drove an '81 Dodge Omni without air conditioning in Houston, TX. Tranny went out and converted it to a manual with junk yard parts. Door handle kept breaking, so ended up just crawling through the hatchback. Ignition switch went out so ended up hot wiring to a $2 push button (I was ahead of my time). Ended up meeting a girl while driving that car. We have been married 26 years.

When i was 22, I drove an '81 Dodge Omni without air conditioning in Houston, TX. Tranny went out and converted it to a manual with junk yard parts. Door handle kept breaking, so ended up just crawling through the hatchback. Ignition switch went out so ended up hot wiring to a $2 push button (I was ahead of my time). Ended up meeting a girl while driving that car. We have been married 26 years.

Must be a different generation. Millennials are entitled to exotic cars at 16 :D