Colorado Springs 1/2 Mile Event

avengerr

What was the 1/4 mile trap speed?

My guess would be 205-210. They could share their vbox numbers since they had one on the dash if im not mistaken. Im not sure they will though because even though they broke the record again the run wasnt perfect with the missed shift. But who cares honestly. Impressive nonetheless

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It’s a bummer when you are to the point that everything is working perfectly and all you need is a little more boost but your turbos get altitude sickness :icon_mrgreen:

my car makes 55psi at sea level

Most it would make this weekend was 43

my car makes 55psi at sea level

Most it would make this weekend was 43

Good info. I wonder what the mph difference really is since you give up 500hp but do get to push through the thinner air. Lots of variables but curious if you have run the same setup at sea level and if so, what the terminal speed differences are.

Good info. I wonder what the mph difference really is since you give up 500hp but do get to push through the thinner air. Lots of variables but curious if you have run the same setup at sea level and if so, what the terminal speed differences are.

219 at wgf florida this year

214 at Pikes Peak

More traction control in FL also

Congrats on the new record, just a red c-hair from 260!

Damn! Sal Patel, 1999 Dodge Viper ( 244.43 mph )

That shouldn't be left understated, 244 is making big progress for a rwd car. Hope he gets the RWD record over 250 soon!

There is a ton that has to be understood to go fast at that altitude. We sure have learned a lot there and that will help us go even faster when we get back to a normal elevation event, in theory. It would have been cool to see what the yellow car would have ran if it wouldn't have miss-shifted on the 259 pass. ;( Wish we could have made another pass but the airport shut us down. Always next time.

Congrats on the new record, just a red c-hair from 260!

That shouldn't be left understated, 244 is making big progress for a rwd car. Hope he gets the RWD record over 250 soon!

I have been on Sal a long time to get there with that Viper. That is a good place for that car because of the traction and a couple other factors. I told him months ago not to be shocked if he went 250. I think he would have gone that fast if they would have had a bit more time.

Nice job Kevin, that’s flying up there.

And Sal, very well done with the Viper. I remember when you didn’t like doing ONE fifty!

Congratulations to KC, Kevin and the UGR team on the new record.

Very well done, indeed!

I also take my hat off to all the competitors who took part in the event.

Also great that it was a safe event for everyone taking part with those winds.

cheers,

john

What about the R8 and red Huracan ?

The R8 ran the best of 233mph, the red Huracan was having issues so it wasn’t able to get a clean run.

What about the R8 and red Huracan ?

The new owner of the R8 just wanted to get into the 230's. He had never driven the car before, he did great.

Red car was testing some new stuff, we had some issues with it, (new build bugs). Testing more on it at Indy if we can get it ready in time.

• 2 weeks later...