Bugatti Veyron Reaches 208 MPH; Hits Barriers During Deceleration

sl55

Bugatti ripped through the gears to hit 60mph in 2.8sec and 100mph in an astonishing 5.5sec. It then stopped in just 3.4sec, giving a 0-100-0mph time of 9.9sec.

I don't understand why he didn't get on the brakes hard.

Odd he didn’t go through the centre as per the briefing if you overcook it, think he was just going too fast without taking a few practice runs and building up, it’s Vmax at Bruntingthorpe a long time back.

Rumor at the later events was it was getting on for £100k repair bill. Probably wouldn’t be insured either for a runway event, definitely not a good day out.

Best place for that to happen if its going to happen

I think that’s probably the best way to look at it. I believe you need to take your cars to a controlled environment before unleashing your lackluster skills on the general population. I always take new cars to Sebring, it’s a great place to learn a new car.

It looks like the top gear track , the runway is pretty short and one needs to brake very hard . Having said that , the driver is useless

It looks like the top gear track , the runway is pretty short and one needs to brake very hard . Having said that , the driver is useless

Ugly colour combo. :iamwithstupid: Driver is useless and an idiot for allowing that to be posted.

I’ve seen something similar with a runway event in Western Canada.

The owner/driver indicated he missed the drivers meeting that discussed the various zones of the track including the barriers on each side of the runway for the both the lift throttle and then brake zones.

Fortunately, in both these cases, it appears the damage was limited to pocket book and pride.

I don't even... :aiwebs_010:

Take the drivers licence away for life. I have never seen worse driving.

The ‘more money than brains club’ doesn’t require any previous driving experience :lol2:

The ‘more money than brains club’ doesn’t require any previous driving experience :lol2:

It’s very likely that the guy who made Bugatti level money isn’t stupid. He probably panicked and made a mistake, I feel sorry for the guy, it’s quite gut wrenching seeing that car crashed.

It’s very likely that the guy who made Bugatti level money isn’t stupid. He probably panicked and made a mistake, I feel sorry for the guy, it’s quite gut wrenching seeing that car crashed.

Agreed, i’m being more hyperbolic than trying to state a fact. I remember one of my the first times out on track it was hard to realize how fast I was still going when slowing down, so I completly understand his panic.

Thankfully this wasn’t a tragic mistake, but a mistake from inexperience none the less.

The tough part with runway runs, is the width of the track really messes with your depth perception. The end comes up a lot quicker than you realize.

Agreed, i’m being more hyperbolic than trying to state a fact. I remember one of my the first times out on track it was hard to realize how fast I was still going when slowing down, so I completly understand his panic.

Thankfully this wasn’t a tragic mistake, but a mistake from inexperience none the less.

Certainly inexperienced, I agree with you, it could’ve been a lot worse.

+1

From the narrator in the video he was doing runs all day and taking passengers (charity perhaps?) and almost hit the barrier on the previous run.

Feel bad for the guy... plastered all over social media. People make mistakes...

+1

From the narrator in the video he was doing runs all day and taking passengers (charity perhaps?) and almost hit the barrier on the previous run.

Feel bad for the guy... plastered all over social media. People make mistakes...

Even more of a reason for him not to screw up . When i bought my SLR, i was invited my Mclaren to a factory visit and they took me to a track day at the top gear track. We did high speed runs and had to brake so hard we overheated the brakes on the SLR, big red sign came on the dash telling the driver to let the brakes cool . It is all common sense , it does like he panicked as he could have easily kept on the brakes and gone left

He pushed the turn at the end too hard and went into the barriers. From the commentator, sounds like the driver was getting comfortable with his turn-in speed and overshot the turn.

Either way, I'd rather see a Veyron with a boo-boo than collecting dust.