valet parking guys got mad at me.

spooky

... so last night i saw a white Huracan coupe parked out on the street, and wanted to take a quick photo of it. it was parked on the street in a yellow 20 minute zone. at night, the restaurant/night club nearby uses that spot to park the more expensive cars if and when they show up. i went over to the Huracan and started taking a few photos. three valet guys came over to me, and one of them said i wasn't allowed to take any photos. i told them the car is on the street(if it was in a lot, then i'd understand), and it should be fine. the guy proceeded to tell me that they rent that spot out for customer parking, so it's a private spot. he also told me that the owner gets upset when anyone takes photos of his car. i told them if the owner gets upset with people taking photos of his car, then he shouldn't be driving a Lamborghini. when i got home, i noticed the photo didn't turn out that great, boo!

42980745181_0d761b2095_c.jpg

Legally speaking, the street is public domanin and they can’t stop you from taking a photo. But the rental cop mentality is fun to play with when they try to be hard ass’. They are probably just trying to build up a story to get a bigger tip from the owner.

To be honest, that wrap and wheel combo makes the car look awful in the photo. I suppose I wouldn’t want people taking photos of it either :lol2:

Legally speaking, the street is public domanin and they can’t stop you from taking a photo. But the rental cop mentality is fun to play with when they try to be hard ass’. They are probably just trying to build up a story to get a bigger tip from the owner.

To be honest, that wrap and wheel combo makes the car look awful in the photo. I suppose I wouldn’t want people taking photos of it either :lol2:

i was hoping someone on the forum knew the owner of this Huracan, so they could ask him if he really gets upset when people take photos of his car. :P

Sounds like the Valet guys were trying to protect their customers privacy. I say good job on their part.

But I also have to say I don't know what the guy was thinking with that wrap design!

I don’t mind having photos taken of my car but I find the comment “he shouldn’t have bought a Lambo if he doesn’t like the attention “ quite irritating if I am being honest, some people just by the car for themselves because they enjoy it and hate the attention it garners, of course it comes with a territory, Lambos and other exotics will always stand out for right or wrong reasons but you can’t classify everyone who buys a Lambo as a poser.

Lambos are ostentatious, you'll get attention. Deal with it.

Today at Best Buy a bald man carrying a small child spent an hour wandering the store while wearing a sheer, and wayyy too small white sun dress. I saw a lot of man nipple today and this person had no cares in the world what they were putting out there and they were not doing it for attention. I also saw a homeless man leaning up against the wall in the *Chipotle parking lot taking a shit reading the newspaper. Neither cared what others had to say but I am sure they were keenly aware of what others were seeing and proceeded.

If you can't handle attention being out in an exotic, get the wildest car of your dreams, wear a sheer sundress while doing it (freeball for bonus points) and I guarantee you everyone will leave you alone.

*Note to SupercarAce, avoid the Chipotle and Panera in Sherman Oaks.

OVer here in Belgium, you are allowed to photograph cars on public roads ... but you have to cover the license plates and make sure, in case the driver and/or passenger are inside, to make them unrecognizable ... it's all about privacy over here.

If there is a 'focus' on the driver and people can recognize him (or her) in the photo you need a 'model' contract to be completely safe ...

And if he/she asks to remove the photo, you are obliged to do so or they can take legal action against you, even if you can't recognize anybody and the license plate is covered ... that's the law over here.

If the car is parked on event grounds and you paid an entry fee ... things are totally different, but if it's a free event, the same rules apply.

Over here, the fact that you pay an entry fee makes the organization 'liable' ... but you should get a 'press accreditation' from them before you can 'legally' photograph the cars on the grounds ... naturally, in real life, things aren't so strictly enforced ... but if an owner wants to make your life difficult, it is rather easy for them to do.

But for the rest it's all fun and games in Belgium :icon_mrgreen:

Absolute horse shit. Car is in a public area, it's laughable that anyone would expect that no photos would be taken of their car. I think common courtesy to avoid taking a picture showing the license plate. I think most here are brushing this off as minor but it really irritated me if you think about your mom or some kids mom who knows her son loves cars and if they tried to take a picture and were hassled about it.

Lambos are ostentatious, you'll get attention. Deal with it.

Today at Best Buy a bald man carrying a small child spent an hour wandering the store while wearing a sheer, and wayyy too small white sun dress. I saw a lot of man nipple today and this person had no cares in the world what they were putting out there and they were not doing it for attention. I also saw a homeless man leaning up against the wall in the *Chipotle parking lot taking a shit reading the newspaper. Neither cared what others had to say but I am sure they were keenly aware of what others were seeing and proceeded.

If you can't handle attention being out in an exotic, get the wildest car of your dreams, wear a sheer sundress while doing it (freeball for bonus points) and I guarantee you everyone will leave you alone.

*Note to SupercarAce, avoid the Chipotle and Panera in Sherman Oaks.

fcuking California… :lol2:

Car parazzi’s are super irritating , like beyond the charts .

were you just making a general statement or were you calling me a car parazzi? just wanted to take a photo of a car parked on the street with my phone. simple as that. i wasn't running after it with a DSLR, had a tripod, being annoying or rude about it. i've seen those types before online, and i agree with you, those people are annoying. the point i was trying to make, was that these valet guys felt they had to lie to me about how the street belongs to them, and i can't take a photo.

were you just making a general statement or were you calling me a car parazzi? just wanted to take a photo of a car parked on the street with my phone. simple as that. i wasn't running after it with a DSLR, had a tripod, being annoying or rude about it. i've seen those types before online, and i agree with you, those people are annoying. the point i was trying to make, was that these valet guys felt they had to lie to me about how the street belongs to them, and i can't take a photo.

Aren't you Spooky ? It doesn't sound like you are car parazzi , i am making a general statement . I can't go anywhere without being followed, harassed, having my pictures posted on the internet, being asked dumbass questions , etc .The car parazzi have become so annoying i can't give anyone the time of the day anymore , and that is shame for car lovers as i don't get any joy acting standoffish but enough is enough . I couldn't care less if anyone wants to take a picture of any of my cars when they are parked but unfortunately, you got attitude from the valet because of idiot car parazzis ruining it for everyone else.

Aren't you Spooky ? It doesn't sound like you are car parazzi , i am making a general statement . I can't go anywhere without being followed, harassed, having my pictures posted on the internet, being asked dumbass questions , etc .The car parazzi have become so annoying i can't give anyone the time of the day anymore , and that is shame for car lovers as i don't get any joy acting standoffish but enough is enough . I couldn't care less if anyone wants to take a picture of any of my cars when they are parked but unfortunately, you got attitude from the valet because of idiot car parazzis ruining it for everyone else.

+1. Went for a drive on Saturday, and a friend called me yesterday and told me there was a picture of me putting gas in the car on a local car enthusiast FB page. I don't have a FB account, but I found the page, and aside from the creepiness of being photographed without knowing it, it was interesting to see the comments by random strangers about how I must be a "look at me" kind of person, etc. I really don't get the mentality of these people who apparently go through life like a hired gun from the old west, only instead of drawing a gun, they're always itching to draw their phone and take pictures of whatever they see, and then run and post them online. I will say most people are respectful when I'm around the car, and will ask if they can take a photo, etc., but as you said there is a minority that do stupid things (like box you in and drive along side taking photos/video on the highway for miles) that ruin the experience.

A few years ago I took some cars to the track and my daughter was driving the SLR with her GF in the passenger seat . Some asshole was hanging out of the sunroof of a car taking pictures in the middle of the highway and screaming at them , he almost fell out and had to pulled back from his feet by another passenger , dumber than dumb . People never cease to amaze me

I don't know any exotic owner who would be surprised with people breaking out the cell phone cameras, parked or not. Ordering the valet to be photo security guards doesn't sound like a realistic occurrence...something was lost in translation here.

A few years ago I took some cars to the track and my daughter was driving the SLR with her GF in the passenger seat . Some asshole was hanging out of the sunroof of a car taking pictures in the middle of the highway and screaming at them , he almost fell out and had to pulled back from his feet by another passenger , dumber than dumb . People never cease to amaze me

At ~50mph cruising along, I had a guy come completely out of his driver-side window to his belt line to take a picture of the Lambo with a 10" tablet while his girlfriend leaned over to do the steering. I guess Darwin was busy somewhere else that day.

All joking aside, any of you considered downgrading your car choices to avoid unwanted attention?

I did sort of , the SLR used to be my DD in the summer time , no more , I got an AMG SUV , nobody follows me around anymore

No surprises here. We have

Bad valet

Tasteless wrap

Poor night pic

Exchange in disdain

Lol

The blue Maserati looks good. :icon_mrgreen: