Diablo repairs

megachad

Temp here is hi again. 95-100f ambient. In dash gauge shows car to be running 100-105c again...  I connected an aftermarket digital temp gauge and it shows the dash gauge to be off by about 18F.. which is huge. The stock dash gauge will show 100c while the actual temp according to a temp gun and the digital gauge is 90c. So 100% the car itself is running perfect temps. The in dash gauge is just off. Not really sure what I can do about that. Maybe the sensor, maybe the gauge. Not sure I can even source those. At least I know beyond a reasonable doubt the car is not running hot. a/c blows cold and car is a great drive.

Did you do ground jumpers? I did jumpers between water temp to other dash ground and it helped gauge readings.  Also mitigated impact for when headlights were on.

I will def look into doing that.. Ha, yeah I have read up that it seems these early cars gauges change with heatlights/blinkers on. Funny how far Lambo's have come.

• 9 months later...

Little update. Car is running much cooler than when I first got her. The gauge is off by about 10c on the high side. However at 4200ft of elev and 95+f ambient temp she will still get hotter than I like. I was dicking with the fans the other day ( I upgraded them to murcielago fans a while back) and I took the rear fan grill off the driver side. It seems to blow way more air than the passenger side fan.. so I took of the grill on the p side and voila. It blew way more air out as well...the rear grills were i believe custom made when the gt body was installed. They are very nice, however they restrict the air flow of the fan...wow. So crazy to realize that was an issue.. so I now have some racing hi efficiency mesh that I am making new grills with!! Without the grills on the car runs way cooler. About 10c cooler..

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/1/2020 at 1:30 AM, megachad said:

Little update. Car is running much cooler than when I first got her. The gauge is off by about 10c on the high side. However at 4200ft of elev and 95+f ambient temp she will still get hotter than I like. I was dicking with the fans the other day ( I upgraded them to murcielago fans a while back) and I took the rear fan grill off the driver side. It seems to blow way more air than the passenger side fan.. so I took of the grill on the p side and voila. It blew way more air out as well...the rear grills were i believe custom made when the gt body was installed. They are very nice, however they restrict the air flow of the fan...wow. So crazy to realize that was an issue.. so I now have some racing hi efficiency mesh that I am making new grills with!! Without the grills on the car runs way cooler. About 10c cooler..

That's pretty interesting. So the it's grill material on the GT body kit that is the restriction? Wonder if it had anything to do with racing specs or was it just poor design? 

I thought they were aftermarket. They were factory gt grille’s. Horrible design. Probably didnt test airflow or anything. I should have my more efficient grille’s soon.  (Grille spelled in italian) 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I took may fuel sender unit out and it was short by about 130mm off the bottom of the tank 

vdo make some longer ones so i install one that nearly hit the bottom of the tank and it works much better.