McLaren 600LT

Supercar Ace

Back to the car...I actually like it! The aero and exhaust (even if it's lifted from the 918) really makes this a great looking car. I have no doubt it will be a great track car with almost Performante levels of performance. It will never sound as good or have the Lambo presence, that's a given--I never get tired of hearing my Performante roar to life or the drive. The Perf is in a league on its own.

The 600LT strikes me as a direct competitor to the GT3RS. Both are great cars but it's a matter of taste. Do you want the German scalpel or British razor? Value aside, I think the 600LT wins my vote. Of course, I would need to drive both to make a fair comparison :icon_mrgreen: I think the RS may be a touch quicker on some tracks and slower on others. What I have little doubt about is that in straight line, the RS is going to get walked. Looks are subjective too but Mac wins this contest hands down. Also, the Porsche GT market here in the States is a little crazy now too. They're fetching over MSRP which makes the RS proposition less appealing. It's a great car but not worth a 30-50K premium.

So, I may be placing a deposit on the LT. I think it would be a good stablemate for the Performante. McLaren is maturing quickly and doing a nice job with their line up. They are making the other manufacturers compete at a higher level, which is good for all of us.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, to me, McLaren's are like Porsche's with more flair. Ferrari's sound better and are more playful, Lambo's look and sound better but offer a different driving experience. I think styling has been McLaren's biggest weakness, I was much of a 570S fan lookswise when it first launch but it's grown on me, especially after my disdain for the front of the 720S. No doubt this 600LT will be a fun car to throw around, but with how much these cars depreciate, it's certainly worth looking into a used one after 1-3 years.

Cutting corners on reliability testing, that's how.

This.

Also remember that this modern central top exhaust system exit shitstick started with Sesto Elemento 8 years ago.

EDIT:

Will be fun picking up 675 LTs for even less now.

Best looking Mclaren yet , 570 was a piece of shit reliability wise , as another member here stated, my friends car spent 2 months in the shop on and off , he gave it back.

If quality control has been improve and bugs sorted out , should be a winner.

I doubt I will ever buy one however

Unless the meaning of the word has changed, I don't think the ergonomics of McLarens are any better or worse than anything else in my experience other than maybe the ingress over the tub on early models. On the new models it's like getting into a regular convertible.

The seating positions, steering wheel, pedals, and buttons are no different in usage than a Volkswagen Jetta. The stock paddles were a little small, but they offer carbon ones that are bigger. I believe if you blindfolded the average person, they would know where to reach for everything. Wipers, turn signals, lights, drive select, parking brake, arm rest...

I think it's almost impossible to get ergonomics wrong in a car. I'd be very curious to know where people think the McLarens fall behind in ergonomics.

I think it's almost impossible to get ergonomics wrong in a car. I'd be very curious to know where people think the McLarens fall behind in ergonomics.

You must be one of the few people who think I-drive and its various spawn are just peachy. Personally, I think burying things you use constantly (changing frequencies or channels on the radio, HVAC settings, etc.) in a series of menus and submenus you control with a wheel (as opposed to having a dedicated button) for the sake of a "cleaner" interior appearance is a horrible trade.

You must be one of the few people who think I-drive and its various spawn are just peachy. Personally, I think burying things you use constantly (changing frequencies or channels on the radio, HVAC settings, etc.) in a series of menus and submenus you control with a wheel (as opposed to having a dedicated button) for the sake of a "cleaner" interior appearance is a horrible trade.

I guess I should clarify that when I say car, I mean modern car. I'm sure cars have gotten it wrong in the past, but not really anymore.

I really only use HVAC and volume controls in cars these days. Everything else is done on my phone and done better on my phone, often with voice control. I believe all McLarens have buttons for quick access to the major features like navigation, music, HVAC, settings, etc, so no menus needed there. Driving modes also have all their own knobs and buttons. Naturally things like windows, doors, locks etc will probably always be physical buttons.

Other than volume and HVAC, I don't really find much that needs changing on such a regular basis such that it would benefit from dedicated buttons.

Exitr you are a new member, you like arguing controversial topics but after all this is a car forum, tell us who exitr is, about your car history, what you drive, what experiences you have with cars in general, I am very curious to learn about that, it will give your opinions more credibility, I honestly don’t want to take advice from someone who is just guessing or regurgitates info.

You do realize that when someone like VCR or other credible respected members talk about disliking the ergonomics in a car is after extensive testing of the car or in some cases after owning said cars, all of those comments are “in his opinion only” and it doesn’t necessarily make the car bad it’s just an opinion, it helps the rest of us by learning from somebody with first hand experience somebody whom is trusted by the majority and has a lot of credibility built over many years frequenting the forum extensively helping members here with a variety of issues and requests. In other words not just empty talk.

I would never buy anything without doing my own due diligence but it’s always nice to listen to a trusted opinion, it makes the DD process a lot easier if you know what to look for.

Personally I am very interested in a McLaren and I am gathering info, the McLarens I really like are the LT version.

Now tell me what your experience is with the brand we are discussing here is and why should we all listen.

This.

Also remember that this modern central top exhaust system exit shitstick started with Sesto Elemento 8 years ago.

EDIT:

Will be fun picking up 675 LTs for even less now.

:iamwithstupid: To everything stated. We need a new version of the Sesto with Avanetador/Huracan tech.

So, I may be placing a deposit on the LT. I think it would be a good stablemate for the Performante. McLaren is maturing quickly and doing a nice job with their line up. They are making the other manufacturers compete at a higher level, which is good for all of us.

If you haven't yet, it is likely too late . . . and if its not, please let me know where you found open slots.

Best looking Mclaren yet , 570 was a piece of shit reliability wise , as another member here stated, my friends car spent 2 months in the shop on and off , he gave it back.

If quality control has been improve and bugs sorted out , should be a winner.

I doubt I will ever buy one however

Was it your 570 that had problems? I have owned mine since new (Sept/Oct purchase on 2017 570S coupe) and have 2,400 miles on it now. It has never had an issue and never been in the shop and has an ECU tune and exhaust running 570 whp. I have six other close friends that own 570's and zero issues as well. We did a 2 day track day thru McLaren Scottsdale at Inde Motorsports Ranch and most of us even drove to/from track and beat on our cars for two days and not one McLaren there had an issue (about 10 cars).

I think I am number six or seven at McLaren Scottsdale for the new 600LT.

I have owned five Lamborghinis and I can honestly say I would take my car over any Lambo right now on the market. I have driven the Huracan and Aventador and off the line it just does not compare. The gearing/shifting is so much faster and smoother in my car. The handling is incredible - it truly feels like a shifter kart if going from any Lambo to the 570s. It took me months to decide and was not easy for me to leave Lambo but I honestly love the McLaren brand now.

It is unfortunate you had issues with yours and maybe it was an early 2016 but I do not know anyone that has had any issues with theirs personally here in AZ that I have became friends with from the dealer and doing drives together, etc. I have had two friends in the last three months buy news ones alone after driving my car and one is doing the same tune as my car to get the sound he wanted since stock they do not sound as good as a Huracan stock. With the exhaust they sound amazing with the turbo even at idle. The Huracan, Aventador and McLaren brand are completely different cars in my eyes once you drive them. The 720 is just in a completely different league - that car makes your internals move it is that quick...I have never had a car do that to me...

If you haven't yet, it is likely too late . . . and if its not, please let me know where you found open slots.

Ask for Jared at Scottsdale McLaren and see if he has an open slot. Tell him you are friends of mine from this forum. I am on the list there for the LT.

Like Charlie, I’m on the list. I’m fortunate to have a great relationship with my dealer and sales advisor. He’s actually a good friend and doesn’t require a deposit until we place the order. At the time of order, I have to place a 25K deposit which he sends directly to McLaren. I think there will be plenty to go around if you want one. I can PM you his info if you would like.

Pricing should be announced at Goodwood this weekend.

Was it your 570 that had problems? I have owned mine since new (Sept/Oct purchase on 2017 570S coupe) and have 2,400 miles on it now. It has never had an issue and never been in the shop and has an ECU tune and exhaust running 570 whp. I have six other close friends that own 570's and zero issues as well. We did a 2 day track day thru McLaren Scottsdale at Inde Motorsports Ranch and most of us even drove to/from track and beat on our cars for two days and not one McLaren there had an issue (about 10 cars).

I think I am number six or seven at McLaren Scottsdale for the new 600LT.

I have owned five Lamborghinis and I can honestly say I would take my car over any Lambo right now on the market. I have driven the Huracan and Aventador and off the line it just does not compare. The gearing/shifting is so much faster and smoother in my car. The handling is incredible - it truly feels like a shifter kart if going from any Lambo to the 570s. It took me months to decide and was not easy for me to leave Lambo but I honestly love the McLaren brand now.

It is unfortunate you had issues with yours and maybe it was an early 2016 but I do not know anyone that has had any issues with theirs personally here in AZ that I have became friends with from the dealer and doing drives together, etc. I have had two friends in the last three months buy news ones alone after driving my car and one is doing the same tune as my car to get the sound he wanted since stock they do not sound as good as a Huracan stock. With the exhaust they sound amazing with the turbo even at idle. The Huracan, Aventador and McLaren brand are completely different cars in my eyes once you drive them. The 720 is just in a completely different league - that car makes your internals move it is that quick...I have never had a car do that to me...

It was not mine , one of my good friends . He ownerd the car for 3 months and it spent most of the time in the shop . Lot of electrical issues and something about the coolant system that they could not figure out , at least fast enough to make him happy . He was so disappointed he gave them the car back .