Mercedes G 4x4 squared

Plastique999

My only complaint on the G63 I had were the side pipes. My daughter about burnt her leg on them getting in and out. Hope they change that on the new one.

I now have an allocation for the Mrs. as her RR lease finishes up next May. At present we have a G63 spot as the 550's haven't been given allocations and the dealer wanted to secure me a car, which has been done. Dealers don't even have price lists for options at the moment and are advising that the msrp is up around 4-5k for each model from the previous. The 63's are coming out first, followed by the 550.

The main worry i have on the G63 is exactly what you mentioned - side pipes which will be noisy for the baby and potentially dangerous for mom and kids getting in and out when loading. The 550 will also be much better on gas, however it all depends on options as my guess is once we have spec'd up the 550 it will be as expensive as the G63, in which case may as well just go for that.

Also been advised the 63 will have a lower residual than the 550.

If only the Mrs. would go for the Tesla X - think it is amazing!

Congrats on the 4 x 4 Plastique - hilarious DD!

Nice pick up Eddie.

Looks like you and I were chasing the exact same car from the same dealer. But you beat me by less than 24 hrs. Close race, but my search goes on.

Enjoy it!

Congrats on the 4x4! Enjoy! Well I spoke to the local GM and hes telling me to wait for the '19 allocation which supposedly hits in the next couple months. Unless a deal comes my way Ill wait.

Congrats on the 4x4! Enjoy! Well I spoke to the local GM and hes telling me to wait for the '19 allocation which supposedly hits in the next couple months. Unless a deal comes my way Ill wait.

Are they still making the 4x4? Or are you referring to the completely new and redesigned G?

Nice pick up Eddie.

Looks like you and I were chasing the exact same car from the same dealer. But you beat me by less than 24 hrs. Close race, but my search goes on.

Enjoy it!

Thanks all....(I tried to multi-quote but shit having problems on iPhone, can’t even post pics).

Yea I jumped on this as soon as I saw that the price was pretty much MSRP.

So far my wife and kids love it! I haven’t had the chance to really drive it. But it does ride slightly smoother than the wavering old G63.

I, myself, am still interested in the new updated G63. Wondering if I should trade my SVR for it but I really love the power and the exhaust on the SVR