new ZR1 vs 720S...

FikseSTS

Off topic but wow congrats on the new additions to your car collection :shock: :shock:

:iamwithstupid:

simply insane!

Congrats on your success! :turboalex:

You and Chad need to get together and see how his 2RS lines up with the 720.

I’m game but I’m not a VIP so mine doesn’t arrive until October. Good weather then though.

clearly manufacturers are taking straight line acceleration into consideration why else would they develop and include launch control features... and imagine the push back they would get from consumers if they didn't include the launch features....

I did a few laps around the track in the 720S that day as well, it was awesome, but it's just not my area to compare the cars in that way, I'll leave that to the pros... :)

I am not saying it's not fun but if that's what you like doing there are plenty options out there more suited to it which cost less than a set of wheels people put on these exotics, if you still want to race your exotic in straight line of course you can do that but I wouldn't be too upset if I lost because that's not what they are designed to do, most manufacturers take different approaches in order to reach the goals their cars are being designed for, they aren't always focusing on the same metric.

clearly manufacturers are taking straight line acceleration into consideration why else would they develop and include launch control features... and imagine the push back they would get from consumers if they didn't include the launch features....

I did a few laps around the track in the 720S that day as well, it was awesome, but it's just not my area to compare the cars in that way, I'll leave that to the pros... :)

I've never used launch control in the SV nor in my Performante, it's just a gimmick, imagine me sitting at the lights at 5000 rpm waiting to put the smack down on the Corolla next to me LOL

BTW I am not downplaying what you are doing, I am happy for you that you are enjoying the cars you are buying whichever way you want to, you deserve that, some race them in straight line some around corners some polish them and never take them out of garages, everyone is entitled to do as they wish, I am not judging.

From my POV these comparisons are nothing but light entertainment which is certainly fun to watch because comparing just one metric doesn't give you the whole picture.

Just to emphasize what I am saying, your new Ford GT, line it up against your 720S and if it loses to it I will instantly take it off your hands :eusa_dance:

IMO none of it matters, to me anyway, what matters is what stirs your soul, also side by side line racing on the street makes me laugh, let's buy cars which the manufacturers tune for race tracks which have corners and run them in straight line side by side LOL

I am not saying it's not fun but if that's what you like doing there are plenty options out there more suited to it which cost less than a set of wheels people put on these exotics, if you still want to race your exotic in straight line of course you can do that but I wouldn't be too upset if I lost because that's not what they are designed to do, most manufacturers take different approaches in order to reach the goals their cars are being designed for, they aren't always focusing on the same metric.

All the modern sports cars handle well enough to have fun with on the street , the track numbers achieved by magazines are jut nit picking , whatever works for the prospective or actual owner of the car

All the modern sports cars handle well enough to have fun with on the street , the track numbers achieved by magazines are jut nit picking , whatever works for the prospective or actual owner of the car

I agree. some are more accessible to the average driver than the others, personally I am not interested in any numbers that's for the "too fast too furious" crowd LOL, the older I get the less I am interested in going fast, I am now mostly interested in luxurious 5 star resorts and Kobe Wagyu beef LOL

I agree. some are more accessible to the average driver than the others, personally I am not interested in any numbers that's for the "too fast too furious" crowd LOL, the older I get the less I am interested in going fast, I am now mostly interested in luxurious 5 star resorts and Kobe Wagyu beef LOL

There is better way to take the fun factor out of a car that to do radical mods, especially in the hp department , when a chassis developed by the factory with extensive hours of testing gets expected to handle twice or more than the original figure from the factory . Works in a straight line most of the time and ruins everything else by making the car undrivable except in a straight line

I am now mostly interested in luxurious 5 star resorts and Kobe Wagyu beef LOL

That can be easily arranged; at least a lot easier and a lot less $$$ involved. Speaking of which, isn't LPDADDY suppose to come along for a trip like this? I can at least handle the Kobe Wagyu beef part and gladly pay for dinner. ;) :icon_mrgreen:

(Regrets for the OT)

That can be easily arranged; at least a lot easier and a lot less $$$ involved. Speaking of which, isn't LPDADDY suppose to come along for a trip like this? I can at least handle the Kobe Wagyu beef part and gladly pay for dinner. ;) :icon_mrgreen:

(Regrets for the OT)

I am still working on him :icon_mrgreen:

I agree, it's a bit much to launch on the streets with regular cars around, unless you're in a Tesla... you should try it in the Perf though, it's awesome, and not hard on the car like it would be in the SV...

the GT vs 720S isn't going to be pretty in a straight line, but I'll keep the GT anyway... :)

I've never used launch control in the SV nor in my Performante, it's just a gimmick, imagine me sitting at the lights at 5000 rpm waiting to put the smack down on the Corolla next to me LOL

BTW I am not downplaying what you are doing, I am happy for you that you are enjoying the cars you are buying whichever way you want to, you deserve that, some race them in straight line some around corners some polish them and never take them out of garages, everyone is entitled to do as they wish, I am not judging.

From my POV these comparisons are nothing but light entertainment which is certainly fun to watch because comparing just one metric doesn't give you the whole picture.

Just to emphasize what I am saying, your new Ford GT, line it up against your 720S and if it loses to it I will instantly take it off your hands :eusa_dance:

There is better way to take the fun factor out of a car that to do radical mods, especially in the hp department , when a chassis developed by the factory with extensive hours of testing gets expected to handle twice or more than the original figure from the factory . Works in a straight line most of the time and ruins everything else by making the car undrivable except in a straight line

The issue with straight line speed in street cars is the liability factor, it isn’t how it used to be 10 or 15 years ago, now they will confiscate your car and you are in serious trouble, you quickly run out of ground before you get to have serious fun.

Few years back Lamborghini said their focus is shifting from top speed to handling, with a better handling car you get to have a lot of fun at relatively lower speeds, not to say that cars which are very fast in straight line are automatically bad handling cars, that’s not always the case but there must be a compromise somewhere if top speed in straight line is being chased.

That’s one of the reasons the GT4 is an extremely enjoyable car to drive, it’s because it’s slow and handles ridiculously well, perfect amount of HP for the chassis.

no doubt, I had a Fiat Abarth for a little while and had a lot of fun manually rowing through a few gears to redline, looking down and it's at 70 MPH, barely speeding... I'm sure the GT4 does that a lot better...

That’s one of the reasons the GT4 is an extremely enjoyable car to drive, it’s because it’s slow and handles ridiculously well, perfect amount of HP for the chassis.

Off topic but wow congrats on the new additions to your car collection :shock: :shock:

That list got damn serious!

Well done TG!

no doubt, I had a Fiat Abarth for a little while and had a lot of fun manually rowing through a few gears to redline, looking down and it's at 70 MPH, barely speeding... I'm sure the GT4 does that a lot better...

Same deal with the GT4, I am driving and thinking damn it feels like I am into going to jail territory but when I looked at the speedo it was either under or barely over the limit LOL

I would pay to see you rockin the fiat at a red light! lolol (especially in bright red)

any pics?

black.... and some red... :)

I would pay to see you rockin the fiat at a red light! lolol (especially in bright red)

any pics?

2012_Fiat_500_Abarth005.JPG

6 weeks, bought for 20k sold for 23k when my Tesla came in.... I even tuned it, extra 15 HP! :). guy who bought it called me a few weeks later and said wow, didn't know this car was 'raced'....

oh shit!!!!!! too funny man, how long did that one last? my guess 2-3 months?