Discount Diablos

Double

I still have heartache over the black 98' SV that sold here by member DangeRUSS (RIP to him) for $108k maybe 5-6 years ago. I'm guessing this is the same car as I believe that's the one Roy bought. At the time it had black matte vinyl on the front bonnet and possibly rear decklid (can't recall). Even given the market back then (which was much lower) that car was priced low.

I was scheming left and right over how I could pull the money together for it, but with my wedding on the horizon I once again convinced myself it just wasn't the right time. :(

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still have heartache over the black 98' SV that sold here by member DangeRUSS (RIP to him) for $108k maybe 5-6 years ago. I'm guessing this is the same car as I believe that's the one Roy bought. At the time it had black matte vinyl on the front bonnet and possibly rear decklid (can't recall). Even given the market back then (which was much lower) that car was priced low.

I was scheming left and right over how I could pull the money together for it, but with my wedding on the horizon I once again convinced myself it just wasn't the right time. :(

...for the wedding.... :icon_mrgreen:

If this is the same Diablo, Russ bought it from a small dealer in the Chicago suburbs for $80K +/-.

I thought it was bought very well. Inmo, the guy priced it too low. I was even thinking about buying another..

there will be another grab the next one theres a nice 6.0 on ebay priced well also

• 4 weeks later...
Monterey today diablo 6.0 se 350’k bid goes on strong money. 99 vt sold $230 mecum

I see you forgot to mention the 97 VT roadster that sold for 97500...

Wow it sold for only $107k, what was wrong with it?!

that must be with fees figured in because all it got bid to was 97500. sold at no reserve.

Not sure on condition, I just saw it on the TV broadcast but the car looked clean form what I could tell.

A lot of the prices you see online for these things are just dealers and speculators throwing them up for absurd prices hoping to move the market. Real world they are probably worth a lot less but this was still pretty damn cheap

I see you forgot to mention the 97 VT roadster that sold for 97500...

yes also a diablo sv went up to 250 strong money and bid goes on .the yellow roadstealso stated not able to sell for cali maybe emmisions there were lots of diablos for sale this year i heard the 91 at r/m sold for 120

Wow it sold for only $107k, what was wrong with it?!

that must be with fees figured in because all it got bid to was 97500. sold at no reserve.

Not sure on condition, I just saw it on the TV broadcast but the car looked clean form what I could tell.

A lot of the prices you see online for these things are just dealers and speculators throwing them up for absurd prices hoping to move the market. Real world they are probably worth a lot less but this was still pretty damn cheap

That Diablo Roadster has A LOT wrong with it. For starters, the interior was reupholstered and nowhere close to original fashion. If you zoom up on photos, there is a lot of paint work that needs to be fixed-We'll just say the car needs a full repaint. The badge on the front bonnet is chipped and falling apart. There are numerous seals and gaskets that look to be suffering from dry rot. The engine had parts repainted and I'm willing to bet it needs all of the hoses and gaskets replaced. I was also told the car was very high mileage. Others debated as to whether or not yellow is a hard color to sell.

I'll estimate modestly what you'd probably have to put into it.

$25K for a paint job

$20K for a reupholstery to OEM specs.

$30K in engine work

$15K miscellaneous work, i.e. suspension, brakes, etc.

$187,000 after all work gets done.

That Diablo Roadster has A LOT wrong with it. For starters, the interior was reupholstered and nowhere close to original fashion. If you zoom up on photos, there is a lot of paint work that needs to be fixed-We'll just say the car needs a full repaint. The badge on the front bonnet is chipped and falling apart. There are numerous seals and gaskets that look to be suffering from dry rot. The engine had parts repainted and I'm willing to bet it needs all of the hoses and gaskets replaced. I was also told the car was very high mileage. Others debated as to whether or not yellow is a hard color to sell.

I'll estimate modestly what you'd probably have to put into it.

$25K for a paint job

$20K for a reupholstery to OEM specs.

$30K in engine work

$15K miscellaneous work, i.e. suspension, brakes, etc.

$187,000 after all work gets done.

See, here we go.

Full repaint? That is being a little bit dramatic. The badge is chipped? Oh nooooo

The interior was redone but it didn't look bad so no need to spend $20k unless you are a sucker. 30 grand in engine work? Can I be your mechanic? Then $15k more that you just pulled out of thin air?

Also yellow is not a hard color to sell on a Lamborghini, so not sure where you pulled that from. This car wasn't concours by ANY means but it was a good buy at that number. It's a driver that you're getting for less than half of what some dealers are jacking them up to on Ebay and other places

my buddys old 6.0 which cats sold he redid the entire interior and asking price was same to the ones with orig interior .the red sv got up to a high number but went on as no sale at end of day numbers were very strong for a soft market

I love when we have the usual smart ass who thinks he knows everything ....

Maybe the Diablo Roadster sold for $97,500 plus fees because of this:

Accident reported

Vehicle ran off road

Involving front impact

Left front primarily damaged

Right front primarily damaged

Undercarriage primarily damaged

Left side primarily damaged

Left rear primarily damaged

Front primarily damaged

Right rear primarily damaged

Right side primarily damaged

Rear primarily damaged

Vehicle towed

Combine that with potential odometer rollback, and the fact that they halfassed the entire car together inmo, means a very strong number for a car which still showed 60k miles and needs a full resto.

I did not look at the yellow 91 Diablo, but it was the only car we saw from afar that had several drip pans underneath it.

I love when we have the usual smart ass who thinks he knows everything ....

Maybe the Diablo Roadster sold for $97,500 plus fees because of this:

Accident reported

Vehicle ran off road

Involving front impact

Left front primarily damaged

Right front primarily damaged

Undercarriage primarily damaged

Left side primarily damaged

Left rear primarily damaged

Front primarily damaged

Right rear primarily damaged

Right side primarily damaged

Rear primarily damaged

Vehicle towed

Combine that with potential odometer rollback, and the fact that they halfassed the entire car together inmo, means a very strong number for a car which still showed 60k miles and needs a full resto.

overpaid for the car at end of the day

See, here we go.

Full repaint? That is being a little bit dramatic. The badge is chipped? Oh nooooo

The interior was redone but it didn't look bad so no need to spend $20k unless you are a sucker. 30 grand in engine work? Can I be your mechanic? Then $15k more that you just pulled out of thin air?

Also yellow is not a hard color to sell on a Lamborghini, so not sure where you pulled that from. This car wasn't concours by ANY means but it was a good buy at that number. It's a driver that you're getting for less than half of what some dealers are jacking them up to on Ebay and other places

Riiiiiiight. Do you even have any idea what you're talking about?

I think Allan did a nice job of summing things up.

Riiiiiiight. Do you even have any idea what you're talking about?

My fault, didn't know about the accident history. Seems like it was priced accordingly, maybe even a little high then. I don't recall them mentioning anything about it on their website or the broadcast.

My fault, didn't know about the accident history. Seems like it was priced accordingly, maybe even a little high then. I don't recall them mentioning anything about it on their website or the broadcast.

Thats what you get with auction cars.. You think they are amazing, until you see them.

Thats what you get with auction cars.. You think they are amazing, until you see them.

True I just figured even if it needed some gathering up it would be a decent driver at that money. Bad Carfax throws that out the window though sounds like just about every panel was hit...good thing I wasnt there after having a cocktail or 8 or this beauty may have been coming home with me

True I just figured even if it needed some gathering up it would be a decent driver at that money. Bad Carfax throws that out the window though sounds like just about every panel was hit...good thing I wasnt there after having a cocktail or 8 or this beauty may have been coming home with me

Much cheaper than a different kind of beauty which under similar circumstances would’ve taken your house and half of your crap with her few years later :icon_mrgreen:

Much cheaper than a different kind of beauty which under similar circumstances would’ve taken your house and half of your crap with her few years later :icon_mrgreen:

Lol no doubt about that

People think that these auctions represent the best of the best, and some cases they do, but in many instances the cars are very well misrepresented.