Discount Diablos

Double

I love when we have the usual smart ass who thinks he knows everything ....

Maybe the Diablo Roadster sold for $97,500 plus fees because of this:

Accident reported

Vehicle ran off road

Involving front impact

Left front primarily damaged

Right front primarily damaged

Undercarriage primarily damaged

Left side primarily damaged

Left rear primarily damaged

Front primarily damaged

Right rear primarily damaged

Right side primarily damaged

Rear primarily damaged

Vehicle towed

Combine that with potential odometer rollback, and the fact that they halfassed the entire car together inmo, means a very strong number for a car which still showed 60k miles and needs a full resto.

NOW we have a CORRECT reason for its low price. I as well was there and saw the car....IMO, it was a Salvaged car that was put back together in someones back yard garage. The SELLER had it at NO RESERVE for a reason....I spoke to him...he knew I was a Dealer so did not BS me. Car was a HUNK A JUNK and he had NO desire what so ever to take it back home and dump more money into it. For me it was not even worth $60K...its a possible parts car at best. The sad thing is the new owner, who I have sold a few cars to called me all happy right after he bought it....next day after he went over all the details...well lets say dont be suprised to see it sold at a loss soon again.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AS for the Blue 99 VT that sold at $253K with fees... DID anyone see the HUGH dent in the right rear fender that happened just prior to crossing the block int he Mecum line up outside of the crossing block??

Again, speaking to owner right there..MECUM was going to make him whole as it was their driver that did the damage...so he let it go for way less then his reserve as MECUM was paying the difference between the sale price and the reserve to make him whole. So he won and the price was reflective of the $30K plus its going to take to repair the un-repairable damaged fender...OEM cost for a new rear fender is over $18K

Like always so many people say, if its to good to be true it for a reason

As for the Rossa Vic 99SV with low miles and in tip top shape that ran Saturday at Mecum.........I ended up with it and it should arrive at my store next day or so...yes it will be for sale.

1 of ONLY 27 ever made. 1 of only 3 RV cars produced..RARE as it gets

AS for the Blue 99 VT that sold at $253K with fees... DID anyone see the HUGH dent in the right rear fender that happened just prior to crossing the block int he Mecum line up outside of the crossing block??

Again, speaking to owner right there..MECUM was going to make him whole as it was their driver that did the damage...so he let it go for way less then his reserve as MECUM was paying the difference between the sale price and the reserve to make him whole. So he won and the price was reflective of the $30K plus its going to take to repair the un-repairable damaged fender...OEM cost for a new rear fender is over $18K

Was the buyer aware of the damage before bidding since the damage happened right before crossing the block? If the buyer viewed the car when the car didn't have the dent, bids/wins the auction for the car, and then receives car with damage with an explanation of what happened ... is the winning bidder still obligated to complete the purchase of the car?

I would imagine most auctions are buy AS-IS....

Was the buyer aware of the damage before bidding since the damage happened right before crossing the block? If the buyer viewed the car when the car didn't have the dent, bids/wins the auction for the car, and then receives car with damage with an explanation of what happened ... is the winning bidder still obligated to complete the purchase of the car?

I just went and looked it up. What a sad sight. Looks like it held up very well considering the girth of the Cadillac that hit it.

I would think there has to be some recourse for a rare situation like this.

My understanding of the sale as of this AM is that it was unwound and the car is going back tot he original seller.

Since no Police report, the damage will never show up on CarFax and or Autocheck

My understanding of the sale as of this AM is that it was unwound and the car is going back tot he original seller.

Since no Police report, the damage will never show up on CarFax and or Autocheck

Maybe Keith Billanti (KMB) can finally have a Diablo.