Will I regret this in the morning?

JJG

I don't ever regret selling any of my cars. Because if I didn't, I wouldn't have been able to enjoy the next new toy! Go for the roadster if that's what you're yearning for. At the end of the day, it's YOU that has to drive it and be able to enjoy it!

That blue is so nice. If you have a buyer at the price you feel is fair and you really prefer a roadster then I would do it. Once that buyer goes away I think you will "then" regret not selling it. Leno was interested in one of my cars a few years ago but I didn't sell, then regretted it a bit. With me anyway when someone starts considering any of my cars, I find myself really not wanting to sell (pre-sellers remorse I guess). If you really want the roadster vs coupe, just imagine how you would feel if you lost that current buyer and then a few weeks later found the perfect roadster to buy but you still have the coupe to deal with. Cash in hand to buy what you really want at the time it comes along feels better to me. I would love that blue coupe or white coupe in egear, but then again as usual I have not let any of my cars go and I besides that don't really see any nice blue or white coupe egear around anyway.

Gorgeous!!

If you are ready to move on.... well do it. Life is about opportunity and experience so seize it.

You have a gorgeous car, that’s manual... seriously there is just something emotional about a manual car that’s intrinsic to the driver experience and missing today. It’s not the fastest, but damn I miss it.

At the end of the day, you are either motivated to move on and take a profit or have a new experience. If it doesn’t check one of those boxes don’t do it.

I sold a car I loved... regretted it a few days later, drove back to dealer to buy it back and literally pulled in as someone else drove out with my car. I was beyond crushed. I’d still take that car back in a heartbeat. Damned if nothing like it has come up for sale in the years since. It’s not even an expensive car. But can’t say that I haven’t made the most of the cars and experiences that have come since. I’m still sentimental but I’m grudgingly acknowledging that I’m enjoying the separation. It’s not a hardship when it’s a Lamborghini.

The three sticks in the US are white. The blue he had at one time was egear.

The Blue one I HAD in stick is this car. I put approx 17K miles on it, sold it to a person in California. Then helped brokering it to the current owner. I was the first owner from brand new.

There were 3 White LP670-4SV cars int he USA...2 are Baloon White, only one of those remains as one, Ben Chens car was damaged fairly extensively in a one car accident. I have heard its being rebuilt but not sure. The other one, which I sold as well, lives in the Bay area and was told that it had a minor incident requiring the front bumper to be replaced.\

Mine, car #12 is the ONLY one in IMPACT bright White sporting the optional Small "speed wing".

I ordered it from new at BMCD. Still have it today and enjoy driving it almost daily.

The Blue one I HAD in stick is this car. I put approx 17K miles on it, sold it to a person in California. Then helped brokering it to the current owner. I was the first owner from brand new.

There were 3 White LP670-4SV cars int he USA...2 are Baloon White, only one of those remains as one, Ben Chens car was damaged fairly extensively in a one car accident. I have heard its being rebuilt but not sure. The other one, which I sold as well, lives in the Bay area and was told that it had a minor incident requiring the front bumper to be replaced.\

Mine, car #12 is the ONLY one in IMPACT bright White sporting the optional Small "speed wing".

I ordered it from new at BMCD. Still have it today and enjoy driving it almost daily.

BC posted a picture on instagram recently of the 670 being rebuilt, somewhere in California I believe.....

BC posted a picture on instagram recently of the 670 being rebuilt, somewhere in California I believe.....

That was wrecked year ago and it's just now being rebuilt? Just curious about the delay.

wi wouldn't

simply becasue:

- the murcie roadster is only good as open top

- i like manual over e gear

- maintenance on the roadster is more expensive than in the coupè (you need to remove the bar over the engine and put back in

- maintenance in the e geear is more expensive than in the manual

- value on the 6 speed will hold better than the roadster e gear

the only pro is if you REALLY like open top driving....but you must really love this and be sure the murcie roadster is the way to go....i personally would keep murcie and buy a cheaper open top car (elise, chateram....or something)

I want a CGT in the worst way. Was going to sell my gated 640 to make the change. Then i said fcuk that. Not selling. Just had to push harder and make more money. Will just add a CGT when i find the right one. Right now it is 2018. Hopefully we're alive in 2040 and longer! We will never drive cars like these again. Can buy a murci roadster any damn time. Not gated so easily. Keep that gated and add the roadster when you can baby!

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks all for the feedback. I have received a bunch of emails and PMs and sorry if I didn't yet respond. The car has been sold and has now gone to a great new local home. Of course I bargained for the first shot to buy her back if owner elects to sell, but I don't anticipate that happening anytime soon (if ever).

Thanks all for the feedback. I have received a bunch of emails and PMs and sorry if I didn't yet respond. The car has been sold and has now gone to a great new local home. Of course I bargained for the first shot to buy her back if owner elects to sell, but I don't anticipate that happening anytime soon (if ever).

I dont have this on a reliable source, but rumor floating around in this part of the country is that you got a low mileage (heard sub teens, aka below 13k) miles roadster in Monterey Blue. Someone said original sticker was a $460k+ car?!?

Again, likely hearsay, but if so....CONGRATULATIONS!!

Side note: where the fcuk is my car? Calling the cops.....

I dont have this on a reliable source, but rumor floating around in this part of the country is that you got a low mileage (heard sub teens, aka below 13k) miles roadster in Monterey Blue. Someone said original sticker was a $460k+ car?!?

Again, likely hearsay, but if so....CONGRATULATIONS!!

Side note: where the fcuk is my car? Calling the cops.....

#fakenews :eusa_shhh:

• 1 month later...

Now I can post my "I WILL regret this in the morning" addition to this thread... haha

I was the original prospective buyer Joe was referring to in this thread. 

Was texting back and forth with Joe after I had contacted him about his car back in July. We were very close on price, but I was in a holding pattern - waiting for this car season to end to enjoy the Gallardo I had just purchased (Chipster's old car, which I had just completed full Titanium Exhaust and Intakes on as well). I also had been giving another car consideration when Joe let me know he'd be willing to part with his.

Joe sent me his final and best price back on Aug 4th and I sat on it for a bit. I came to my senses and was ready to pull the trigger on his car this month --- Then I saw this thread...

So yes... I do regret not buying this Gated Murcielago with my favorite Kreissieg Exhaust (even with 47,000 miles - didn't bother me).

Congrats to you though, JJG! Hope you enjoy whatever is next in the best of health. And thank you for all the info on your car.

• 4 months later...
On 7/30/2018 at 9:18 PM, JJG said:

So I am giving serious consideration to finally parting ways with my 2007 MANUAL LP640 coupe in Monterey blue...

I have owned it for over 6 years now and it currently has 47K miles on the clock (bought it with Roy's help with about 30K miles) and have babied it since then.

I have someone offering me what I think is fair money and so I am contemplating make the move to a LP640 Roadster (not manual...)

Thanks.

Hi, I personally wouldn’t. There will never be another manual V12 Lamborghini. That’s why I advised my close friend Philip to buy whatever he could afford and keep hold of it. We both own manual Murcielago’s. Even Max Venturi and Georgio Sanna (development test drivers for the Murcielago) advised me never to sell (and I had a really rough patch last year sorting out careless mistakes by technicians at much expense). I wouldn’t swap a manual car for an e-gear car as the manual transmission according to the test drivers was better suited to the weight and set up of the car. The e-gear had to be introduced to show Lamborghini were “keeping up”. The colour and mileage are not factors. In the UK, we seem to have exotics with higher mileage and the mileage shows your car is healthy! I have had my car valued by our UK club officials and Footman James (of Harry’s garage) and yes, the car has appreciated - Thank Goodness! Also ask Polo Storocio when your car is going to become eligible for certification as on official Lamborghini certified classic. The Diablo 6.0 became eligible last year so the Murcielago is next. My friend Philip also taught me how to prepare cars for Concours entry and by winning prizes in that scene will add value to your already beautiful and rare car. 

• 2 months later...
On 2/17/2019 at 3:28 AM, Prince said:

Hi, I personally wouldn’t. There will never be another manual V12 Lamborghini. That’s why I advised my close friend Philip to buy whatever he could afford and keep hold of it. We both own manual Murcielago’s. Even Max Venturi and Georgio Sanna (development test drivers for the Murcielago) advised me never to sell (and I had a really rough patch last year sorting out careless mistakes by technicians at much expense). I wouldn’t swap a manual car for an e-gear car as the manual transmission according to the test drivers was better suited to the weight and set up of the car. The e-gear had to be introduced to show Lamborghini were “keeping up”. The colour and mileage are not factors. In the UK, we seem to have exotics with higher mileage and the mileage shows your car is healthy! I have had my car valued by our UK club officials and Footman James (of Harry’s garage) and yes, the car has appreciated - Thank Goodness! Also ask Polo Storocio when your car is going to become eligible for certification as on official Lamborghini certified classic. The Diablo 6.0 became eligible last year so the Murcielago is next. My friend Philip also taught me how to prepare cars for Concours entry and by winning prizes in that scene will add value to your already beautiful and rare car. 

I hear you, but no regrets.  I have been enjoying the egear way more than I expected.    I am actually considering selling the roadster now... I might need to do another will I regret it in the morning threads.  :eusa_think:

6 hours ago, JJG said:

I hear you, but no regrets.  I have been enjoying the egear way more than I expected.    I am actually considering selling the roadster now... I might need to do another will I regret it in the morning threads.  :eusa_think:

We always enjoy the updates :lol2: 

On 5/10/2019 at 7:30 AM, Destructo said:

We always enjoy the updates :lol2: 

See classifieds for update.  :lol2:

6 hours ago, JJG said:

See classifieds for update.  :lol2:

So what was your reasoning for putting the roadster up for sale so quickly?

I actually love egear more than I thought and so may get an Aventador, but will gladly keep Murcie at end of day.