From 1986, Launch testing my 1984 Webber Count

4xchamp

Test launches at the industrial park in 1986. I had just bought this black black 1985 Webber car. Was actually an 84 that gained a year through the import process.

About a year later it got rear ended causing moderate damage. I took the insurance money and sold the car as-is wrecked. No clue where it ended up.

post-20654-1534811006_thumb.jpg

post-20654-1534811021_thumb.jpg

NICE!?

In 2002 one of my friends gets me to a Ferrari meet in CT. I had a new 360 Spider. I asked one of the guys dusting off his red/tan "Hey, where do y'all have the burnout contest?" He looks at me and says "Burnout?" "Contest?" I say "Yeah burnout contest, or are we all gonna hang around and polish our valve stems?" My buddy said I was nuts and the Ferrari guy never got it. I was like round peg, square hole, no hot chicks, let's GTF outta here. Was like a wake Lol

Now it's much different, many more cars, greater percentage of owners driving them vs the aficionado/purists. Back then probably four out of five Ferrari were red/tan. Mine was TDF Blue over Crema. When trading it a couple of years later the color killed value oh and did I mention it was a stick? Sticks were poison back then.

I would love to get my 84' Countach to launch like that, however without having to drop the clutch out at 5,000+ RPM's.

Out of curiosity do you recall what RPM's you dumped that thing out at? Looks like it was in amazing tune.

I would love to get my 84' Countach to launch like that, however without having to drop the clutch out at 5,000+ RPM's.

Out of curiosity do you recall what RPM's you dumped that thing out at? Looks like it was in amazing tune.

Just do what they do at the track and wet it down in front of the back tires and do a rolling burnout... Wouldn't require a 5k launch...

I think thats the smokiest Countach burnout Ive ever seen!

There is nothing better than a set of old school P7's Lol

You know the injected car runs really well but so did the Webber car. I was in my mid 20's and used it like it was a Chevy back then. Boston, Newport, Manhattan like nothing. Oil lines blew twice, first time at 800 KM. A securing clamp actually cut it. The next one that blew was to the oil filter. What sucked was the headers ignited it. Fortunately having had a car burn once, I always carry two fire extinguishers, one in the cockpit, one in the trunk and was able to put it out quickly. The second those lines blow the oil pressure warning comes on. Thank God.

That was a side draft car and ran pretty well. My 83 is injected but didn't do as well with the smoke shows. It has Assimetrico P Zeros while in 86 I had P 7's and maybe not as much nut but who can recall after 30 years. I brought the motor to 7500 and just dumped the clutch.

• 1 month later...

Not photoshopped cupcakes, this one's from 2015.

_MG_8507w.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 7:37 PM, 4xchamp said:

Not photoshopped cupcakes, this one's from 2015.

While it looks cool it also gives me the chills while my mind tries to comprehend what's going on there.  Definite garage art photo!

On 11/10/2018 at 12:23 PM, islandguy said:

While it looks cool it also gives me the chills while my mind tries to comprehend what's going on there.  Definite garage art photo!

It's not really hard to figure out what is going on there.

To put it simply, THE CAR IS POSSESSED! And the owner is merely trying to perform an Exorcism.  :icon_twisted:

• 3 weeks later...

I'd love to see a sweet ass takeoff like that, I only know of 3 videos on whole of Youtube that have a spinning take off. 60 minute segment about the Countach, Jay Lenos review of the Countach... so maybe 2 I forgot if there is a 3rd haha.
The flaming Countach is a kit that caught fire at a gas station.

Ah yes, that's the 3rd however, I like a straight line launch and not in the wet. Like this.

and this

Man I want a Countach. I'll be driving one this weekend - Wooot!

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2018 at 10:15 AM, Redlambo said:

It's not really hard to figure out what is going on there.

To put it simply, THE CAR IS POSSESSED! And the owner is merely trying to perform an Exorcism.  :icon_twisted:

I tell people I won the car from the Devil in a card game.

count 666.jpg

On 12/4/2018 at 6:55 PM, BBoyJmE said:

I'd love to see a sweet ass takeoff like that, I only know of 3 videos on whole of Youtube that have a spinning take off. 60 minute segment about the Countach, Jay Lenos review of the Countach... so maybe 2 I forgot if there is a 3rd haha.

Naples Maples.

That's legit. Two pools of fuel, with alchohol/fuel injected on tires. I also have some video. This one is recent, not to be confused with my antics from the 80's

Let the next guy baby it...

COUNT 666.jpg

• 7 months later...
On 12/4/2018 at 6:55 PM, BBoyJmE said:

BS That's me live. Let the next guy baby it.

I also have video but won't share because I don't want it going viral unless I can benefit monetarily or benefit an entity that sponsors my race team.

On 12/4/2018 at 7:40 PM, Destructo said:

It should start at the 3:08 mark. If it doesn't, just skip to that point. That's what you're after. 

That's bogus, wet parking lot. Come play with the big boys!

That’s me spinning my QV. If you want to pay for a new clutch then sure I will rev it up and dump it, gotta love keyboard warriors!

I drive my cars harder then most FYI 

On 8/28/2019 at 11:24 AM, rhyno said:

That’s me spinning my QV. If you want to pay for a new clutch then sure I will rev it up and dump it, gotta love keyboard warriors!

:headbang:

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/28/2019 at 11:24 AM, rhyno said:

Woah!

Keyboard Warrior? Lol

Sorry you feel slighted, I was being humorous.

Rhyno, We are more alike than we are different. Most guys would never pull off these stunts, and don't forget, If you dump the clutch real quick the tires do the slipping

Here's a tease from the day I did the flameouts....

I dumped the clutch at red line from a standing start. If she breaks I'll have it fixed and I'm fully aware of the potential for disaster these antics pose.

My Countach runs like a champ. I only run her a few hundred spirited miles a year and she performs like a Rolex.  I think garage queens suffer more headaches.

thumbnail_1.jpg

3 hours ago, 4xchamp said:

Woah!

Keyboard Warrior? Lol

Sorry you feel slighted, I was being humorous.

Rhyno, We are more alike than we are different. Most guys would never pull off these stunts, and don't forget, If you dump the clutch real quick the tires do the slipping

Here's a tease from the day I did the flameouts....

I dumped the clutch at red line from a standing start. If she breaks I'll have it fixed and I'm fully aware of the potential for disaster these antics pose.

My Countach runs like a champ. I only run her a few hundred spirited miles a year and she performs like a Rolex.  I think garage queens suffer more headaches.

thumbnail_1.jpg

I didn’t see any humour in your first post but it’s all good. I’m glad to see other Countach owners drive their cars, heck I don’t even like AllanLambo but he has to be my friend because he drives a Countach (that’s a joke Allan doesn’t have friends! Sorry I meant.....shit I’m bad at this). Enjoy your Countach and let’s see some new videos :)