Condensation in headlight

murcivu

Coming from the manufacturers pov, the manufacturer would warrant such defects under the traditional warranty.  Most of these issues began to crop up after the factory warranty so it’s almost impossible to try to get lambo to pony up and fix the issue. 

I don’t think there’s a good solution to prevent.  Some of the discoloration and hazing is caused by the gasses that are emitted from the plastic itself.   I would suggest using a good sealer that’s easier to remove so that when it happens again it’s easier to disassemble and clean.   I don’t see a need to do this very often but it all depends on how often the murc is out in the elements 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/15/2018 at 1:41 PM, Inahi said:

You’re in luck.  I happen to have a brand new set of glass.  I bought in anticipation of cracking the glass when I tried to separate the assembly. 

Heres some close up pics.  The pic is of glass up side down.  As you can see, there’s only a channel where the glass sits and is held in by the seal

goos luck !!

C5D99961-5C90-44BF-85B0-352AA7B43A38.jpeg

8958D444-D3D5-4476-B1B9-FFF62A74037A.jpeg

0D18070B-6BFC-429A-9CF2-B434129B9583.jpeg

ADEF1035-2080-4659-BA61-F165A474FC38.jpeg

09B0B9C0-7461-42E8-A7D8-DEB95E43AFBC.jpeg

74BFD4B2-2D30-4DD9-9B17-2DBB4FB81D51.jpeg

979EDE7B-CB19-463F-84B1-133919DF615F.jpeg

F0E026FE-CB21-4A40-9239-E5BA16381181.jpeg

Hi,

Inahi, possible to share where can get the headlights glass lens? Mine was accidentally crack after remove

3134229B-16EA-4484-A254-563BFF2B2085.jpeg

E58CBAF0-D5A2-4220-8CDA-EB32C7D2B5AE.jpeg

Amon, sorry to hear the glass cracked. That's everyone worst nightmare about doing this job.

Can you share the exact details of what led to it cracking so we can learn from your experience?

23 hours ago, Stimpy said:

Amon, sorry to hear the glass cracked. That's everyone worst nightmare about doing this job.

Can you share the exact details of what led to it cracking so we can learn from your experience?

Hi Stimpy,

Is my bad luck, accidentally drop the lens after take out. Sigh..... If can’t get the glass lens for replacement, have to spend more to replace the light.

1 hour ago, Amon said:

Hi Stimpy,

Is my bad luck, accidentally drop the lens after take out. Sigh..... If can’t get the glass lens for replacement, have to spend more to replace the light.

arrg, sorry for your bad luck, I must say I saw your pictures with the tiled floor and thought that looks dangerous, much better to do this sort of thing over a carpet or soft floor. I learned that many years ago when making propotypes and destroying days of work with a stupid slip.

4 hours ago, Amon said:

Hi Stimpy,

Thanks. After that, I will make sure I do all my work on carpet and sitting on the ground so that doesn't happen to me. So depressing.

Any tips you can share for your technique to cut through the adhesive? I am still struggling to understand how to get a cutting tool around the lip of the glass to cut the glue on the other side of that lip.

1 hour ago, Stimpy said:

Thanks. After learning from you, I will make sure I do all my work on carpet and sitting on the ground so that doesn't happen to me. So depressing.

Any tips you can share for your technique to cut through the adhesive? I am still struggling to understand how to get a cutting tool around the lip of the glass to cut the glue on the other side of that glass lip.

Congrats for getting the glass off   But so sorry to hear about the glass cracking

I have a brand new glass for right side   Not left    I bought from a Ebay seller fgb of Poland    I’ve bought many parts from this guy    I checked but I don’t see him selling anymore glass   He’s selling plastic lense but I don’t recommend that   

Ill keep eyes open for any glass sellers   Wish you luck

On 12/9/2018 at 1:03 AM, Stimpy said:

Thanks. After that, I will make sure I do all my work on carpet and sitting on the ground so that doesn't happen to me. So depressing.

Any tips you can share for your technique to cut through the adhesive? I am still struggling to understand how to get a cutting tool around the lip of the glass to cut the glue on the other side of that lip.

Hi,

Whole headlamps was put into oven for pre-heat before slowly cutting the edge. Need to be patient. 

9 hours ago, Amon said:

Hi,

Whole headlamps was put into oven for pre-heat before slowly cutting the edge. Need to be patient. 

Thanks.

Do you really think heating it up soften the adhesive? It's been said that the adhesive is silicon based so it doesn't soften with heat.

Still not clear about how you "cut the edge." What tool did you use, and how did you get around the lip of the glass to cut the other side of the adhesive?