Clean suede steering wheel. How?

4xchamp

Have shiny spots showing up on my suede steering wheel. How can it be cleaned?

Is it suede or Alcantara? There are a few companies that make and alcantara cleaner. It's a spray and you have to dab it. Unfortunately, Alcantara gets to a point over time where it cannot be salvaged.

Is it suede or Alcantara? There are a few companies that make and alcantara cleaner. It's a spray and you have to dab it. Unfortunately, Alcantara gets to a point over time where it cannot be salvaged.

It's definitely a suede wheel. Lamborghini option.

I see people just brushing them but there must be a cleaner that gets the contaminants our clean hands leave on the wheel off before brushing is attempted.

I bought a gorgeous new Carbon Fiber w/ charcoal leather wheel for $1300.00, with no core charge and kept my OEM Alcantara wheel, which I hated anyway. I do not have to deal with wear and tear on a suede wheel now.

I use Sonax alcantara cleaner. I would spray it on a white cotton towel, gently work it in to the suede and let it sit for a minute or two.

The suede will be matted so the most important step is use a brush. I have the Sonax textile & teather brush, gently brush the suede side to side and up and down. It should restore the suede, it's not going to be 100% but it'll be close.