So What Happened?! Details Inside

Destructo

First and foremost, welcome back! Thank you for being patient, it’s been a rough few weeks without our internet home, but your patience and frustration is understandable. 

So, What Happened?!

Many of you may know that the software this forum runs on is quite antiquated and insufficient. It’s not mobile compatible, has problems with loading pictures and overall doesn’t have the look and feel of what we normally demand of Internet forums. It’s been discussed publicly and privately ad nauseam. But we are all here because of the community and shared passion for Lamborghini. We’ve been able to look past some issues in light of those things. But soon, we won’t have too. 

In an attempt to update the software and freshen up the look, the site was taken down. At which point there was some confusion and miscommunication between responsible parties about how to proceed, what needed to be done, and who was doing it.

At this point, it was taking longer than expected, and needed. With that in mind, speaking with Alex we discussed some possible options. 

Now, If any of you know Alex, saying he’s a busy guy is a laughable understatement. SP Engineering, the owner of this board and forum, keeps him tied up plenty. Originally set up as a hobby place for like-minded enthusiasts to chat and learn is how Lambo-Power was born. The forum itself was never a main focus. The staff at SP work on the board on the backend between client work and the rest of their job, so it’s come this far on essentially volunteering and free time. 

Because of that, things fall between the cracks. Updates get missed, attention not paid and it’s completely understandable. LP isn’t about money, or traffic, it’s about the community. 

Where We Are At?

Currently, we’re working with a company to do a clean sheet full redesign of the web site. It’s not a myth, or legend; It’s actually happening. 

We’re talking new independent stable servers, more efficient flow and improved user interaction and experience. That will take a little bit of time, but it is underway. 

With all that in mind, understand the board as it sits today is broken and outdated. However, it’s stable and live, right now. And instead of keeping the site down while waiting for a new version, we put this version up for the interim. 

Where We Are Headed?

Lambo Power has always been a tight knit group mixed with a little bit of the Wild West. That won’t change, but we are trimming the fat on the board. Currently we have too many sections and sub forums we don’t need. With all that in mind, we want to rebuild the community,

so we may be smaller right now, but we are building for bigger and better. 

We’ve lost plenty from downtime and other factors, members have come and gone so we want to bring everyone back when they are ready, our door is always open. 

What to Expect

There will continue to be updates in the interim and we may try a few things that work, and some that don’t. But we’ll give you a heads up and have the site down for minimal time and let you know when that will be. 

As far as the the completely new version coming? Between myself, Capt. Chaos, Rory and the rest of the SP team, things are moving along and in the right direction. We’re working on it as we speak; and will give regular updates as they are available. And again, when we have to bring the site down for updates, we’ll give plenty of advance notice. 

And finally, thank you! If you have questions, concerns, ideas, complaints or whatever, let us know. Feel free to post them here or send them over PM. Whether it’s concerns, complaints or ideas. Let’s hear them.  

If you’ve read this far, you’re invested in this boards success, and it’s greatly appreciated. We’re excited for the future of Lambo Power and so should you. 

- Your Lambo Power Team

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Super stoked for this update!  Looks pretty good btw.  Thank you LP Team you guys are a very close and unique group.  This place is definitely not the busiest but it has the best personalities and characters!

24 minutes ago, Lambofan35 said:

Super stoked for this update!  Looks pretty good btw.  Thank you LP Team you guys are a very close and unique group.  This place is definitely not the busiest but it has the best personalities and characters!

Appreciate the support. It’ll get there, one step at a time. 

Glad to see it back, even if not 100% yet. There are a few people on this board that code, so you might have a back up team. Like my own site I never update, life gets away from you and the things that make money take over and the moment things you enjoy become work, well you now have a burden.

Thanks for all the hard work

Destructo thank you for the explanation, good luck with the hard work behind the scene, my only complaint is that this announcement or a announcement wasn't made prior the site being taken down, but since this site is free and participation is optional my complaint can be viewed as being irrelevant but I am still frustrated that I can not help haha

Suggestion:

bring the black/gold skin back. 

Pleased to see it's back.

I note that the complaints about the old banner have been addressed. Replaced by no banner at all ! Unless of course this is a WiP.

Agree with Fortis. The black/gold skin was a signature of this place. It should at least be an option.

Oops, guess my reply in the other thread can be ignored since this is interim version.  Glad to be back and thanks to the admin handling this. 

Hopefully the long time away didn't steer too many away from here.   I had to go check FChat every morning in the office to pass the time....just wasn't the same...  Only fun there was watching Sackey and Allan go back and forth about carbed countach's

5 hours ago, Fortis said:

Destructo thank you for the explanation, good luck with the hard work behind the scene, my only complaint is that this announcement or a announcement wasn't made prior the site being taken down, but since this site is free and participation is optional my complaint can be viewed as being irrelevant but I am still frustrated that I can not help haha

Suggestion:

Long wait and really glad to see LP back! Thank you all for your effort!

*Agree with him for suggestion.

Great to have at least some interim version back online ... I really missed the forum.

You know I run a few small sites and do some graphics work, so I really understand what it takes to put together something like this, and I really appreciate it being online

9 hours ago, TestShoot said:

Glad to see it back, even if not 100% yet. There are a few people on this board that code, so you might have a back up team. Like my own site I never update, life gets away from you and the things that make money take over and the moment things you enjoy become work, well you now have a burden.

Thanks for all the hard work

We are too. Agreed, it’s not 100%, but it’s up and running, which is better than nothing. 

For those that can code, if they want to be on reserve or help, shoot me a PM. 

We’ll get it right though, and it’ll be better in the long run.

8 hours ago, Fortis said:

Suggestion:

Happy to do it, a big thing I want to change is the transparency and regular updates. It’s not that it wasn’t there if you asked, just so everyone being so busy it wasn’t a priority. At this point I want to make sure everyone is up to date on where we are at. I’ll make regular updates and ‘state of the board.’ 

Your complaint isn’t irrelevant, I shared the same thing and expressed that frustration behind the scenes as well. Hence the direction change of regular announced updates with heads up and advance notices. Everyone will be happier when they know what’s going on and when.

Black and Gold is a staple and will be an option if not the standard. I miss it as well.

4 hours ago, darth sidious said:

Pleased to see it's back.

I note that the complaints about the old banner have been addressed. Replaced by no banner at all ! Unless of course this is a WiP.

Agree with Fortis. The black/gold skin was a signature of this place. It should at least be an option.

A definite WiP,  so patience is appreciated. We’ll make sure the banner includes a car from the most recent decade as well :lol2:

3 hours ago, Chipster said:

Oops, guess my reply in the other thread can be ignored since this is interim version.  Glad to be back and thanks to the admin handling this. 

:icon_thumleft:

2 hours ago, Kevin2772 said:

Hopefully the long time away didn't steer too many away from here.   I had to go check FChat every morning in the office to pass the time....just wasn't the same...  Only fun there was watching Sackey and Allan go back and forth about carbed countach's

We expect to lose a decent share of casual users for the interim. However, the priority is making sure the board is accessible to the regular and long-time contributors. We have a great core of people here, and we can always get casual users back; we want to make sure the core is strong. Hence the reduced forum sections you can already see. Leaner and stronger before we grow.

That being said, there are other people we’ve lost due to drama and frivolous interactions, and that’s a current I want to change. The community is too small to afford losing owners/collectors and public figures. Ego is always a consideration here, considering success isn’t just handed, but earned. I’m wanting people to play nice for now and realize the board and community is bigger than just themselves. That doesn’t mean a good-natured chops busting isn’t acceptable, it’s part of what we are known for. There are others that take it too far. We’ll be keeping that in check.

2 hours ago, LSHG said:

Long wait and really glad to see LP back! Thank you all for your effort!

*Agree with him for suggestion.

Too long, we agree. All the guys working on this site love it and have a passion for it, it’s good to focus on its development and growth. The community deserves that. 

1 hour ago, RDW said:

glad to be back home, this place is the real Lambo forum IMHO!

The real deal, and just wait it’s going to get better. Some really great things down the line that I can’t share yet, but will make it THE place for any Lamborghini owner/enthusiast. 

33 minutes ago, LamboCARS said:

Great to have at least some interim version back online ... I really missed the forum.

You know I run a few small sites and do some graphics work, so I really understand what it takes to put together something like this, and I really appreciate it being online

For many of us, this is our hobby/break from reality for a few minutes, so it was hard to have it down for so long. And the interim version handles what we need, a place to connect. It doesn’t have the bells and whistles and polish the final site will have, but for those of us just wanting it back online, this will serve for the time being. 

It is a lot of work, and we appreciate the gratitude. We’ll have to talk here shortly, I’ll shoot you a PM.