Window not working

darth sidious

The window is stuck in the down position. When I press the consul switch I hear a clicking in the window. Does anyone have any suggestions what this might be? The other window works fine.

This problem occurred when the spring in the bayonet on my speed detector broke whilst it was plugged in to the cigar socket. This caused the car to think the bayonet was an actual cigar lighter and it heated up. This caused circuit overload. This takes out the radio, cigar socket and some other dash functions. I pulled the fuse in the box on the side of the dashboard. It was OK. So I went in to the fusebox behind the footwell plate and found the blown fuse. Once the fuse was replaced the radio, cigar socket etc worked again.

The problem with the window happened at exactly the same time so a logical conclusion is that the two issues are related. I can't imagine why they are related particularly as the replacement fuse fixed the radio/ cigar socket problem but not the window. And yes, I pulled and checked every fuse when I was in the two fuseboxes.

I am dreading taking the door card off so any help or ideas are much appreciated before I go down that torturous route.

8 hours ago, darth sidious said:

The window is stuck in the down position. When I press the consul switch I hear a clicking in the window. Does anyone have any suggestions what this might be? The other window works fine.

This problem occurred when the spring in the bayonet on my speed detector broke whilst it was plugged in to the cigar socket. This caused the car to think the bayonet was an actual cigar lighter and it heated up. This caused circuit overload. This takes out the radio, cigar socket and some other dash functions. I pulled the fuse in the box on the side of the dashboard. It was OK. So I went in to the fusebox behind the footwell plate and found the blown fuse. Once the fuse was replaced the radio, cigar socket etc worked again.

The problem with the window happened at exactly the same time so a logical conclusion is that the two issues are related. I can't imagine why they are related particularly as the replacement fuse fixed the radio/ cigar socket problem but not the window. And yes, I pulled and checked every fuse when I was in the two fuseboxes.

I am dreading taking the door card off so any help or ideas are much appreciated before I go down that torturous route.

It is going to be the window regulator modulator whatever thing.. I posted a vid on how to replace it.. Ive done a couple all by myself. hard as hell. a helper is really needed. 

As requested.

Megadhad video:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emqA3IPofBQ

In my searches I also found this blog as well:-

http://www.safeer.us/how-to-fix-diy-lamborghini-murcielago-window-fell-off-of-its-railtrack/

I also found this Car Guys New England video for changing the struts. I have posted it as the process for door card removal is the same 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GuWdpuSCrzg

I'm of no help, but I fcuking hate dealing with the Murci window when it comes off track. Get a new rubber grommet (that grabs the window) from the dealer to make life easier. The original rubber becomes greasy and slips off the window. Glue doesn't help. 

Whiteout et alia,

I'm now confused. I know you know a lot about these cars. Your post suggests that the window has slipped out of its tracks. Would that be consistent with the clicking sound I hear when I press the window switch? If so would that mean I could open up the door and re-engage the window glass? I sure hope so. Those bloody mechanisms are £800 ( $1100) over here.

I am not sure which grommet you are referring to. Do you know the part number? I have attached the eurospares diagram where I usually get parts.151_72_02_00.jpg.cb00fde6f1b0385849bd1d64c7ff17d4.jpg

I am resigned to having to remove the door card and take it from there. I thought I might replace the strut whist the card was off. I have heard that this can be done more easily without having to replace the ball joint. I suppose I should grease the ball. What type of grease?

It seems that every Murcielago I come across the struts have lost efficiency. Replacing with OEM that will eventually deteriorate in the same way doesn't seem sensible. Is there a better non OEM strut that can be recommended? 

I will check the wing mirror fixings for tightness. Are there any other jobs I should do with the door card off?

All advice is appreciated.

There is a little clamp that holds the window to the track. Between that clamp is a rubber grommet/sleeve (for lack of a better word). That grommet becomes greasy with time and no longer holds tight against the window. The grommet will move with the track, but leave the window in the door and make noise while doing it. 

Check out this site: http://www.safeer.us/how-to-fix-diy-lamborghini-murcielago-window-fell-off-of-its-railtrack/

That is a big possibility. Best thing to do is get the door panel off and remove the vapor barrier and look and see how things are going. The two that I have replaced are because the cable ends on the regulator are broken or bound up. there is no fixing that issue. If the window grommets that hold the window on are loose or not holding the windon to the regulator anymore then that would be a less expensive repair. However check and make sure the window regulator is working properly before putting back together. I just have a hard time trusting these regulators after what I have went through with them.

• 9 months later...

Sorry to resurrect but I thought I would share my endeavours and the outcome.

Yesterday I finally got round to taking the door card off. What a pig of a job! Following the recommendations I got a mate to gave me a hand. The job would definitely be challenging going solo.

Door card off everything looked good. No broken cables, window seated correctly and no evidence of anything amiss. 

The mechanism is a £2k part and probably close to £1k for a dealer to fit. Faced with this I decided to have one final poke at the centre consul control switch. I pulled it out (easy, 15 second job) and was testing the connections with my multi meter. All of a sudden up went the window ! It turns out one of the bayonets had a bad contact in the female. After a little bit of fettling the switch now works the window.

For peace of mind I will replace the switch. £60 plus a bit of postage.

In conclusion - if anyone else ever has this problem I implore you to check the switch as your first action. It could be it will save you a lot of money and time with no noticeable increase in blood pressure (door card removal related)

Best

AL

13 hours ago, darth sidious said:

Sorry to resurrect but I thought I would share my endeavours and the outcome.

Yesterday I finally got round to taking the door card off. What a pig of a job! Following the recommendations I got a mate to gave me a hand. The job would definitely be challenging going solo.

Door card off everything looked good. No broken cables, window seated correctly and no evidence of anything amiss. 

The mechanism is a £2k part and probably close to £1k for a dealer to fit. Faced with this I decided to have one final poke at the centre consul control switch. I pulled it out (easy, 15 second job) and was testing the connections with my multi meter. All of a sudden up went the window ! It turns out one of the bayonets had a bad contact in the female. After a little bit of fettling the switch now works the window.

For peace of mind I will replace the switch. £60 plus a bit of postage.

In conclusion - if anyone else ever has this problem I implore you to check the switch as your first action. It could be it will save you a lot of money and time with no noticeable increase in blood pressure (door card removal related)

Best

AL

I love a happy ending, one that costs less than am 18 month old Mini!!!!!!