Will the Mercedes 129 roadster begin to appreciate soon?

dnm7

Been watching the auctions recently and a 1500 mile SL500 sold for $46,000 on BAT, then a 5k mile one sold for $29,750 and then today a 15k mile one sold for $22,000 at barret jackson vegas. The 107 560SL before it are selling for a lot of money with alot of miles and the 129's are still cheap a couple sold at barret jackson today for like $6k. Do you guys see the 129 being classic cars, the low mileage examples obviously. I know they made a ton of them, but have to imagine not many low mile examples left as most were just daily drivers but to me there isn't a more classic design that says 90's than the 129 SL

Nice pickup LABrit!

I've been wanting a r129 for the longest. I let a 1996 with a pano roof slip past me last year.  

Then earlier this year a really nice 2001 in white. Don't see them in white too often. 

There is a 2002 for sale my neighbor is finally getting  rid of. Right price all records perfect color and wheels. I want to buy it today !  Damn you guys 

Appreciate? Idk. They made a lot of them. Maybe SL600s. Or the special editions. But low mileage ones are def. Appreciating 

IMG_20180722_165914.jpg

how many miles does yours have labrit? Im curious if its possible the low mileage ones are getting top dollar bc there are so few of the thousands made. 

On 9/29/2018 at 12:26 PM, MrDoctor said:

Nice pickup LABrit!

I've been wanting a r129 for the longest. I let a 1996 with a pano roof slip past me last year.  

Then earlier this year a really nice 2001 in white. Don't see them in white too often. 

There is a 2002 for sale my neighbor is finally getting  rid of. Right price all records perfect color and wheels. I want to buy it today !  Damn you guys 

Appreciate? Idk. They made a lot of them. Maybe SL600s. Or the special editions. But low mileage ones are def. Appreciating 

IMG_20180722_165914.jpg

how much does your neighbor want and the miles?

Here is the 1500 mile one that recently sold for $46,000 + 5% fee on BAT - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-mercedes-benz-sl500-17/

Here is the 5500 mile one that recently sold for $29,750 + 5% fee on BAT - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1999-mercedes-benz-sl500-29/

Right now there's a 43k mile on on BAT ending tomorrow and the bid is up to $16,000 already, it just seems these bids came out of nowhere bc I looked at one maybe 2 years ago, good shape and seller wanted $8k for like 85k miles.

29 minutes ago, dnm7 said:

how much does your neighbor want and the miles?

Here is the 1500 mile one that recently sold for $46,000 + 5% fee on BAT - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/2000-mercedes-benz-sl500-17/

Here is the 5500 mile one that recently sold for $29,750 + 5% fee on BAT - https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1999-mercedes-benz-sl500-29/

Right now there's a 43k mile on on BAT ending tomorrow and the bid is up to $16,000 already, it just seems these bids came out of nowhere bc I looked at one maybe 2 years ago, good shape and seller wanted $8k for like 85k miles.

I think its 110-120k miles at $7.9k. High asking price, I would try to get it sub $6k. Its a nice one, I haven't bitten because it isn't quite what I want. Too many out there to settle. I don't think the demand is there for this MY. I've been looking for silver arrow editions. 

I think the pre 1998 cars were before Daimler (correct me if wrong). People swear by the pre 1998 engines. Bullet proof engines, true MB era. The SL600 V12 engine are amazing. And the pre 1998s had nice-er interiors. Perforated leather seats, optional pano roofs. 

The only reason I would go 1999-2002 is the AMG styling is standard and you get the xeon headlights. 

Mine has 64k on it, hard top, unique (slightly rarer) color combo and i'm all in at $12k and the best bit is that the previous owner spent 8k on it the year before bringing it into almost perfect mechanical condition bar the AC hoses which i just had to replace as they split.

I absolutely love it.

• 9 months later...

I own one and they’re awesome cars the AMG 129’s have already appreciated and aren’t cheap there’s a 500SL 6.0 for sale in SD for like 60K the special edition AMG V12 cars will be very expensive very soon! 

On 7/19/2019 at 3:42 PM, LA_Brit said:

selling my SL500 if anyone's interested, Has 69,995 miles on it!

Ill give you $5 

On 7/23/2019 at 9:31 PM, Allan-Herbie said:

Ill give you $5 

Paper cut your cunt with a $5 bill instead pls!

2 hours ago, LA_Brit said:

Paper cut your cunt with a $5 bill instead pls!

Excuse me sir, this is a Lamborghini forum. Do you own any Lamborghini's?  

3 hours ago, Allan-Herbie said:

Excuse me sir, this is a Lamborghini forum. Do you own any Lamborghini's?  

Way too poor.