Here . . . we . . . GO!!! -- Khabib vs. Conor

mad_74

Who ya' got, and how?

I believe Khabib will hold true to his word when he says, "I take him down, I ssssmash his face."  :icon_anal:

Lots of that, ending with Khabib winning by submission in Round 3.  

43 minutes ago, MrDoctor said:

Have a big party planned for the weekend, can't wait.

I'm taking Conor. 

Got a prediction on round and method?

38 minutes ago, mad_74 said:

Got a prediction on round and method?

No way. I'm a casual fan. Just judging from body language between the two. 

Will be a great card. Lots of good fights.

Hopefully Kebab makes weight. On paper he wins but Conor's left puts people to sleep. 

IMO Khabib has never faced an opponent and skilled striker near the level of McGregor. Although he did throw Barboza around like ragdoll :eusa_think:

I'd be more confident in McGregor if he had a warm up fight to shake off the ring dust. That said, I still think McGregor will do it.

Either way, it's going to be an exciting one.  Hope Kalahabeeeb can make weight!

Khabib is a beast and I think McGregor is looking to make a comeback statement so this is one that could really go either way. I'd put my money on McGregor mainly because his style would make Khabib's grappling tactics a little less effective.

Conor has decent takedown defense. If Khabib can get through two rounds then try and grind him, maybe. I'm going with Conor based on shear freak athleticism and speed  

Read about it this morning, found it rather interesting. The champ throws a dolly at the contender’s bus last April, begging for a fight. Contender says name the place, last night they meet, champ taps out in the fourth. Contender spits on the loser, jumps out of the ring and fight the champs team?! :lol2:  you can’t make this stuff up! 

2 hours ago, MrDoctor said:

Awesome fight, can't wait for a rematch. I will def. be making a trip to LV for a rematch fight.

I have a feeling Connors wife is going to tell him "listen mofo, we got a baby and you need to be alive to watch it"

11 hours ago, MrDoctor said:

Awesome fight, can't wait for a rematch. I will def. be making a trip to LV for a rematch fight.

I highly doubt there will be a public rematch. Connor got his bollocks kicked in. 

I make a point of only arguing when I'm right. :D

Pretty darn dominant by Khabib. Even got the better of the striking. Stood right in the POCKET with Conor. Got the better of him, even knocked him down hard once (!), and of course SMA-MA-MA-MASHED him on the ground. Conor has impressive takedown defense and athleticism, and arguably won Round 3. (A first against Khabib, if so!) But he did zero damage to Khabib. The ref easily could have stopped that in the 2nd when Khabib was torture-pounding Conor and no one would have complained one bit. 

Fun fight! 

Was not even close. They aren't even in the same category at the moment. Khabib was 10-8 second round and almost stopped him there. The money fight will be a rematch but in honesty McGregor needs a tune-up elsewhere before another crack at Khabib.

The fake feint and dash the other way after Khabib knocks him in the face  to avoid the knee by CM was exceptional though. Besides that fcuk that guy.

White has already said Conor doesn't want a tune-up, he wants Khabib again. I don't really see the second fight going any differently. McGregor isn't going to miraculously become better grappling against the two-time sambo world champion. 

4 hours ago, porter said:

White has already said Conor doesn't want a tune-up, he wants Khabib again. I don't really see the second fight going any differently. McGregor isn't going to miraculously become better grappling against the two-time sambo world champion. 

Agree with the rematch.  Conor didn't have any answer to Khabib.. nothing.  I can't recall a single instance in the fight where he looked dangerous.

Why am I not surprised that Conor's illegal knees to the head when on the ground, grabbing gloves, shorts, toes on the Octagon were not called out... ref (Herb Dean) just looked the other way.  I guess UFC wants to protect their golden boy.

I'm super happy for Khabib as the cards were certainly stacked against him. Love how at the ending bell of the 3rd round McGregor can be heard saying "It's only business" to Khabib in the clinch while Khabib taunts back with "Let's talk now" and calling out "Dana".