Fcuking loaner!

abolfaz

1 hour ago, Double said:

They gave you a new series Phantom?!

Yes sir. The car is super impressive but it's not as nice as I thought it was going to be. It feels smaller inside than the old phantom and it feels more like a ghost inside than a phantom in terms of fit and finish. 

3 hours ago, abolfaz said:

Yes sir. The car is super impressive but it's not as nice as I thought it was going to be. It feels smaller inside than the old phantom and it feels more like a ghost inside than a phantom in terms of fit and finish. 

I keep hearing this complaint from hardcore Rolls Royce and Bentley purists.

Love the way the newer cars look, but the interior quality keeps dipping (relatively speaking).

Mulliner on the other hand can keep it up. Not sure who the RR equivalent is?

6 hours ago, LA_Brit said:

Older Bentley and RR far higher quality.

I'm not sure how to reconcile this. They're getting more and more expensive but the quality seems to be headed in the wrong way. Very plasticy inside, no way I would trade my car for one of these, especially not with a sticker hovering around $600k. 

40 minutes ago, abolfaz said:

I'm not sure how to reconcile this. They're getting more and more expensive but the quality seems to be headed in the wrong way. Very plasticy inside, no way I would trade my car for one of these, especially not with a sticker hovering around $600k. 

Have you been in Cullinan? I wonder if they are driving customers into those? Presumably far higher margins than the cars. They look to be well equipped and well appointed. Or the brand is losing some luxury, which would be sad. I’ve always preferred Rolls for a luxury brand. 

1 hour ago, abolfaz said:

What is your current Rolls that you are comparing it to? 

$600k for a Phantom??

Unreal.

2 hours ago, Kevin2772 said:

What is your current Rolls that you are comparing it to? 

2015 drophead, had an 07 phantom before that. 

2015 drophead, had an 07 phantom before that. 

Lovely!

I wanted a Phantom Coupe but too expensive for now and my blue beast is far more unique for $75-100k less!

6 minutes ago, LA_Brit said:

Lovely!

I wanted a Phantom Coupe but too expensive for now and my blue beast is far more unique for $75-100k less!

Blue beast?!  PFFFT!

Love the design updates exterior wise, haven't driven a new one yet to compare interiors. Unfortunate that they're not making the drophead anymore. 

19 hours ago, LA_Brit said:

?

After you posted your car I was looking at the Arnage, Brooklands, and Continental. I forgot how good they look even up against the new models.

23 minutes ago, Tara said:

After you posted your car I was looking at the Arnage, Brooklands, and Continental. I forgot how good they look even up against the new models.

The Conti T is pretty spectacular. Makes the Wraith and Dawn look boring. Quality is on another level.

On 10/10/2018 at 8:46 AM, Smash Boy said:

$600k for a Phantom??

Unreal.

Yes, these are far too expensive for what they are in my opinion. Of course they're nice, but at the end of the day you aren't getting anything that high-end or cutting edge. For $600,000 you get a composite body and monocage from Lamborghini. For $90,000 you can get a 300 mile range electric powertrain with some form or another of self-driving. For $40,000 you can even get a semi-composite construction BMW i3 (which coincidentally owns Rolls Royce).

You would think that for $600,000 and what is essentially unrestricted in size that you would get the most cutting edge car possible. Sadly, you don't, and it's a shame because everything that it should buy would help the car tremendously and fit the persona perfectly.

1. Composite construction would drastically lower weight and remove the need for excessive reinforcement of the Drophead.
2. Going to an electric drivetrain would increase the weight, but drastically lower the center of gravity and provide insane amounts of torque, which is exactly what heavy cars need most. Real torque vectoring.
3. Given the size, they could fit and afford to put a massive battery pack allowing for huge range. Never visit a gas station again.
4. Given the price, the cost of batteries would be irrelevant to the buyer.
5. Electric cars are "silent", which is exactly what RR goes for.
6. The frunk would be enormous.
7. All the awesome stuff that comes with electric, connected cars like turning the AC on ahead of time remotely, and so forth.

Rolls Royce are nice but they're really falling behind in what luxury mobility should mean today. Well, at least that's my opinion. I'm not really impressed with the strange glass "Gallery" thing. Really bizarre thing to spend so much time/money on.