Video: Supercars of London LP640 Project

Destructo

It could be cool, but it looks like a nice wrap on his new 640. If you can get through the doofy look on his face for the preview photo, there is some good up close stuff and details of the car.

I think it looked better before in white personally, classy and a nice clean car  

Paul is actually a lovely guy though and lives cars, he plays well to his audience but his videos aim is not really adults, it's a real dream from him that car, he’s done well  

I took him for his first ever ride in a supercar, now I joke I’m going to be begging him for rides soon in special stuff if the manufacturers keep throwing money at the bloggers! 

6 minutes ago, topjay said:

I think it looked better before in white personally, classy and a nice clean car  

Paul is actually a lovely guy though and lives cars, he plays well to his audience but his videos aim is not really adults, it's a real dream from him that car, he’s done well  

I took him for his first ever ride in a supercar, now I joke I’m going to be begging him for rides soon in special stuff if the manufacturers keep throwing money at the bloggers! 

He seems like a good guy, and you’re right he plays to his audience. I don’t mind his channel and watch it pretty regularly, one of the few decent YouTube shows. I’m happy to see bloggers get some attention too, it’s the new way. The old fashioned print magazine guys don’t care for it, but they are just jealous. You can tell it’s a dream for him, and that’s prettt awesome  I hope he continues to do well, it’s nice to see younger guys that are douche-nozzles making something for themselves  

The Audi R8 he had lately was sharp too! 

Saw him in LA a few weeks ago, definitely a genuine car lover - especially with the murcielagos. 

Watch his videos on youtube with my son when he asks to watch a "ghini show" lol. 

Paul is a true enthusiast. He did go through the clickbait phase but is less so now as he has grown more comfortable in his skin.  He does have a soft spot for Lambo, not as a statement but a true appreciation.

He seems like the real deal, hence why I was willing to share his video here. Glad to see younger guys, with enthusiasm and passion for it. Hope he stops by the board sometime. 

• 1 month later...

Cool video, but white is my cup o tea as well. Working for various governments all my life file cabinet colors bring back bad memories. At least I see them drinking Monster to help my stock, cha-ching. Never knew there was a cup holder in the car, will need to check mine.

Follow up Murci video that my good friend in the UK, Mark, sent me today:

https://youtu.be/YTSdQ3mm0p4

It would be highly stressful for me to drive a Murci in London. It's insane how little room is left after everyone parks on both sides of already narrow streets.

3 hours ago, Stimpy said:

Follow up Murci video that my good friend in the UK, Mark, sent me today:

https://youtu.be/YTSdQ3mm0p4

It would be highly stressful for me to drive a Murci in London. It's insane how little room is left after everyone parks on both sides of already narrow streets.

It's fine...owned and driven most exotics in London without an issue. It's simply not as fun as it is out here where there's more space.

9 hours ago, LA_Brit said:

It's confirmed it not fine for me! I rented a Nissan SUV while there a year ago, and it's insane. Especially the way the London buses are more than happy to play chicken with you when there's no way for both you and them to fit on the same road.

London if fine, never had a problem, just not all that enjoyable sitting in traffic. Think if you are used to space and quieter traffic it would probably be scary.

Went to Portafino last year with a group of Aventadors as a stop, now that was fxxking scary on the miniature roads!  

• 2 months later...

I felt awful watching this. I think it’s a big risk to buy car that’s had the colour changed, wrap it the remove the wrap. I’m looking forward to seeing what he does. He seems very resourceful and positive. it takes a lot of guts to put your bad times out there as well as your happy times. 

58 minutes ago, Prince said:

I felt awful watching this. I think it’s a big risk to buy car that’s had the colour changed, wrap it the remove the wrap. I’m looking forward to seeing what he does. He seems very resourceful and positive. it takes a lot of guts to put your bad times out there as well as your happy times. 

I wonder if he can make an insurance claim on the paint damage since it was done during a wrap removal and not normal wear and tear. I would certainly try because he's looking at a huge bill to repaint the car!

Very depressing.

I am lost.

The car was originally black then repainted white then wrapped grey then the grey wrap was removed messing up the clear coat on the white, or did he wrap it grey to cover the bad clear coat?

7 hours ago, yellomurci said:

I am lost.

The car was originally black then repainted white then wrapped grey then the grey wrap was removed messing up the clear coat on the white, or did he wrap it grey to cover the bad clear coat?

The first one.

Many clear bra and wrap companies won't take on jobs of removing film from repainted cars for this very reason. What I can't understand is why they would keep going after they pulled the paint off of one section. It's possible if they would have stopped and taken a more careful and different technique (steam to soften it, or pulling at a different angle, etc) they could have avoided removing more paint. But these shops are pretty stupid. On multiple occasions, I have had all 4 rims damaged when mounting tires. You would think after they killed one rim, they would have stopped so they didn't have to pay for 4 of them to be refinished.

5 minutes ago, Stimpy said:

The first one.

Many clear bra and wrap companies won't take on jobs of removing film from repainted cars for this very reason. What I can't understand is why they would keep going after they pulled the paint off of one section. It's possible if they would have stopped and taken a more careful and different technique (steam to soften it, or pulling at a different angle, etc) they could have avoided removing more paint. But these shops are pretty stupid. On multiple occasions, I have had all 4 rims damaged when mounting tires. You would think after they killed one rim, they would have stopped so they didn't have to pay for 4 of them to be refinished.

Thanks for the clarification, I have a Balloon white Murci and after 10 years need to have the clear bra changed as it is going yellow, fingers crossed please?

Do you know why he had it unwrapped ?

35 minutes ago, yellomurci said:

Thanks for the clarification, I have a Balloon white Murci and after 10 years need to have the clear bra changed as it is going yellow, fingers crossed please?

No I don't. But may sure are very comfortable with the shop. Even a good paint job can be ruined by careless clear bra removal.

They should use heat, go slow, and pull toward them for the safest removal, like this:

On 2/10/2019 at 11:40 PM, yellomurci said:

Paul just wanted to get the car back to the white. Also the red stitching didn’t match the yellow brake callipers he had already envisioned.

I just removed clear from an 04 front bumper with original paint 

And like putting wrap on a car, I used a triggered torch to heat the area and slowly remove the bra,  it took the better of an hour and the only issue was some remaining adhesive that comes off easily.  It had been in place for almost a decade also.  There was no discolouration, it had to be removed because I am repainting the entire body

just be slow and careful, it comes off in sections so don’t expect huge pieces, also don’t over heat or you will melt it,

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2019 at 2:49 AM, Digibeam said:

I just removed clear from an 04 front bumper with original paint 

And like putting wrap on a car, I used a triggered torch to heat the area and slowly remove the bra,  it took the better of an hour and the only issue was some remaining adhesive that comes off easily.  It had been in place for almost a decade also.  There was no discolouration, it had to be removed because I am repainting the entire body

just be slow and careful, it comes off in sections so don’t expect huge pieces, also don’t over heat or you will melt it,

Good stuff. Glad it didn’t ruin the paint, not that it matters for your circumstances, but at least you know you’re doing it right!