Sold the Huracan... What Next?!?

Evoking

After 3 awesome years and nearly 15k miles with my Huracan I have sold it and am on the hunt for the next toy. The Huracan was an absolutely fabulous car... so good in fact, it can jade you! P.S. I'm selling the 20" Brixton Forged wheels off my car. They perfectly fit OEM tires.  See listing in classifieds.

Anyhow, so far my top choices are:

Ferrari FF - The Lusso's quad lights seem forced, plus they drop fast so why go there. The FF is an awesome jack of all trades - 650hp supercar, V12 scream (especially with Novitec), luxurious interior with space to double-date or take kids. 

The Aventador - Aventador is what it is. Ridiculously exotic and one dimensional as its supposed to be! It feels dynamically inferior to Huracan. But you buy these for their sound, ultra wide stance, doors etc.

Ferrari 458 Spyder - Cause I prefer N/A plus I also have a 911 Turbo cab so I've already gone there. I don't like the over-swoopy 488 - the rear haunches remind me of a rollercoaster dip whereas the 458 looks clean, chiseled and Enzo-like. 

Any feedback and other suggestions?

I am just going to be devil's advocate here. You didn't clarify how often you'd drive it or what new problem you are trying to solve beyond my assumption you are just looking for a new experience. Up to me? I'd get the FF, I mean I am gonna crap all over it right now, but on that list, I'd choose it.

FF/Lusso thoughts:

• Sick of easy blind merges on narrow streets? My neighbor gets a look every morning like he is making peace with his god before merging on our canyon.
  • Want a car you say you can take people in the back seat but nobody ever wants to get in a second time yet they make chiropractor jokes anyway?
  • Want a car that has cargo space that you can say you have and use a few times to prove a point because you can but will never want dirty kids to soccer practice or dogs on the way to the groomer?
  • Like constantly having to adjust your front seat because you have to let people out of the car from that back row?
  • Like finally hearing the sound of a V12 after 5k in exhaust upgrades?
  • Want a car that actually doesn't look all that cool but is just sort of weird and prompts strangers' questions with disappointed facial expressions when you say "4 seater, AWD, hatchback, Ferrari"?

I mean in an audio-specific list, the 458 and the Aventador sound glorious. You also know exactly what you are getting, what you wrote pretty much nails them. The 458 screams for you to also get a Ferrari cap, shirt, shoes, keychain lanyard, maybe the shorts too.

Aventador S if that's an option. Seriously it is so good. Way easier to drive with rear wheel steering and looks unlike anything else on the road. The presence of the car and the v12 symphony just can't be beat. Now that they are dipping into the high $3s I'd take that over a standard Aventador roadster. 

One of the guys in our group has an FF.  He seems to like it .

We nick-named it the FFugly.  

To me, a car should inspire, make one think of possibilities, evoke strong feelings...

other than wanting to throw up. 

As said above, what are the traits you want out of a car, what kind of driving do you do, and how often do you drive it? Assuming it'll continue to be utilized in place of the Huracan though, I'd consider a 720s or Aventador S. As crazy as it is to say, there's really just not enough options out there. Last questions, what's your budget, and does depreciation bother you too much?

1 hour ago, Destructo said:

If the FF is for more function, why not a URUS?

Yeah, I honestly would think that first, but he was not really detailed in what he wants and going 4 door SUV from 2 seat supercar, that's a leap.

Let me give more context. I have an 04 996TT X50 cab - manual of course for daily fun. Although I don’t drive it every day. A new Land Cruiser for wife, family and Offroad duties and a 68 Charger big block stroker. 

Regarding how I would use the Huracan replacement... it would simply enter the rotation with the other 2 toys.  I don’t require room for passengers. But I do find it cool to have a gorgeous and spacious enough interior replete with pano roof and v12 to boot. More can enjoy the fun. 

An FF at $140k seems not only a bargain down from its $360k oft sticker but I would have $200k left over from NOT getting an Aventador roadster. What could one get with $200k?  GT3 + a used S550. GT3 + some appreciating classic i.e E-Type or F355.  

Perhaps I just may be quirky enough to appreciate the FF.  I once had a Z3 M Coupe. He’ll also Z4 M Coupe, Viper GTS and even a Jag XKR. So I can dig a long snout. 

Below are some inspiration pics of how I would set up the FF. I really need to go drive a 458 to see if it gets my juices going. Believe it or not the FF kinda did. Not in all out performance after having a H of course!  But it’s combination of power, refinement, luxury, comfortable seats, and of course sound made me feel like I and/or IT were somehow breaking natural and social laws - which feels kinda cool.  

The question is whether it will be as fun to own as 458.  The key would might be how much I would really take others in it!

C1573516-D24B-4EA7-9F90-BED2A4C7E0F1.jpeg

91D91F60-6EC1-40D5-B1D0-C8FC88F11EDB.png

B1249E10-E859-4729-8D76-97922E6052B4.png

AC770D3D-FCF8-4053-9BB6-880F3AFD77E9.jpeg

4 hours ago, oufan2929 said:

As said above, what are the traits you want out of a car, what kind of driving do you do, and how often do you drive it? Assuming it'll continue to be utilized in place of the Huracan though, I'd consider a 720s or Aventador S. As crazy as it is to say, there's really just not enough options out there. Last questions, what's your budget, and does depreciation bother you too much?

The Mac’s don’t sound as good to me and also look a little boring. Even though they seem like a spiritual successor to the original NSX but with crazy power (I’ve owned 3 NSX’s). For whatever reason 458 seems more interesting than a 650S or 720s. 

Huracan to an FF, I can't even comprehend that...     Perf or SV I would suggest if you're not ready for a McLaren...

Yeah, I stick by the FF then. You seem to get it, and noting the Z M-coupes you had, you do get the long hood thing. I really miss my Z4. I feel the same way about the McLarens, boring, and they tend to need service.

Go get it, have some fun, it is totally different, it is a good deal, and you know you are getting a car that has depreciated about as far as it will go for a while. Don't look back, go do it now. Also don't let money left over burn a hole in your pocket, something else may pop up you never thought would catch your eye and hop on it.

AVOID that gross white one. The rockers, the wheels, it is so gross.

Bro you have had all those cars and you're asking if you should get an FF? I can't think of a better car for someone who's had a Z3 and Z4 coupe lol - it's basically the boss version of that (very unique) bodystyle. 

Edmond's (the first one, all black with gold wheels) is beast in person. The exhaust is nuts too. 

It's always interesting thinking about the multiple cars you could get for the price of another. FF, GT3 and a blacked out S550 would be a very nice stable. 

If depreciation wasn’t an issue I’d say go F12, but the FF is a good car. Great for all years fun, my old boss had one in his collection and daily’d It. They are unique and if you like the look, go for it. I’d put one in my garage no problem. I think it’d be a lot of fun for a way better value.  

11 hours ago, Evoking said:

The Mac’s don’t sound as good to me and also look a little boring. Even though they seem like a spiritual successor to the original NSX but with crazy power (I’ve owned 3 NSX’s). For whatever reason 458 seems more interesting than a 650S or 720s. 

With what you stated above/pics, get an FF. Value is almost incomparable, and it seems you enjoy that aspect and I totally get that! The FF I drove blew my mind. The black and red FF's above are SICK... Makes me want to reconsider one:)

2 hours ago, porter said:

FF is ugly. Surprising it actually made it to production. 

:iamwithstupid:

We learned with our 2015 Panamera GTS - doesn't matter how good a car sounds, or how practical - if it isn't beautiful to look at: PASS

Our 2018 doesn't sound quite as good but it is a gorgeous car from every angle and a comfortable, fun DD.  

FF would tick every box except beauty.  If you can live with it then have fun!  I'd go perfornante based on all I've read.

17 hours ago, cake said:

:iamwithstupid:

We learned with our 2015 Panamera GTS - doesn't matter how good a car sounds, or how practical - if it isn't beautiful to look at: PASS

Our 2018 doesn't sound quite as good but it is a gorgeous car from every angle and a comfortable, fun DD.  

FF would tick every box except beauty.  If you can live with it then have fun!  I'd go perfornante based on all I've read.

I’m not sure or categorically misses the beauty box. In fact the only thing that makes people consider it ugly is that the rear opening remains high or gapped. If it came down like a hatch it would instantly be another Ferrari GT. And I get that some may consider this a major difference. But what I’m trying to say is that the war of the design is quite beautiful. 

In fact, the Lusso is essentially an 812. And the Lusso is also essentially an FF. Interesting that an FF which came out in 2012 is not far off a 18’ 812. That said I’m taking my time. I may end up in a cliche red on tan 458 Spider!

Of course looks are subjective...beauty is in the eye of....

For me it’s the lines and proportion of the FF.  To MY eye they are out of proportion, and it’s not a graceful line.  It was the same on our 2015 Panamera.  The line of the roof into the hatch didn’t “flow” - there was a “hump” and it was the one thing that I couldn’t get past.  Otherwise - great car.

I’d have to see a rendering of an FF with a more graceful hatch/rear configuration.  It also must achieve the right proportion of “nose” to “tail” and roof height and roof line.  Hard to say whether a simple change to the rear would be enough - but again - very personal and one man’s Cindy Crawford (or write your choice here__________) might be another man’s Meg Griffin (or fill in blank____________)

Get what makes your heart go faster and enjoy.  Who cares what anyone else thinks?!!

The FF and Panamera are the dry handjob of automotive design. It started out with a great idea, but you hope you get it out of your system before it rubs you the wrong way.

On 10/25/2018 at 10:43 AM, TestShoot said:

The FF and Panamera are the dry handjob of automotive design. It started out with a great idea, but you hope you get it out of your system before it rubs you the wrong way.

Wouldn’t put mass produced Panamera anywhere in same league as FF. Now the Z3M which folks also hated on calling it clown shoe and more perhaps in niche, appeal and eventual/current appreciation yes. Same for the crazy Charger Daytona/Plymouth Superbird. Dared to be different. Hated only to eventually become uber-desired.  History likes to repeat itself. 

I’m seeing this as we speak with my 996TT.  Humans generally hate change and rarely embrace new paradigms of beauty/value - and when they do it’s a SLOW process as stated above ;-). 

Meanwhile I’m just enjoying shopping!