06 Murcie spoiler

alan7407

When I get up to speed, my  spoiler comes up normally, and the spoiler light comes on the dash.  When I drop my speed, my spoiler goes down normally, but the spoiler light stays on.

WHAT GIVES ???

Any assistance is appreciated.

Alan

Something is wrong as the light should not come on at all, it only comes on when a problem is seen.

My light comes on sometimes and I need to turn the battery off to reset it, I think I have a problem with the 2 stages as my spoiler sometimes fully extends when I am only going about 60 mph, this seems to be when the dash light comes on.

I would start with the simple stuff. Try removing the grill over the exhaust (8 screws) and check the wiring connectors for the wing motors on either side for corrosion.

If it's not that, then I would remove the lid from the exhaust and look at the motors/circuit boards for any corrosion or other damage.

• 3 weeks later...

Mine did the same.  I found that the piston Arm would get caught/rub against the read deck opening.   I shaved off a little of the opening where the piston attaches to the spoiler with. Dremel.    Totally fixed the problem.  Works perfectly after a full year of driving.