New Ford GT

porter

4 hours ago, alpha6164 said:

I

We all know it definitely doesn’t have the straight line speed either trapping 125-126mph at best.  On top of that it sounds like a can of marbles.   So pretty much what we have is $500k car that just looks amazing but does not excel at one single thing.  

Where did u see those trap speeds? https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=b0C__4wUkd8

Seems to walk a little on this ZR1 which has a few mods and they typically trap 132-134. 

1 hour ago, DBK said:

Its how and others feel about the Ford GT program "marketing machine" see article. 

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-drive/news/industry-news/inside-the-invisible-ontario-facility-building-the-ford-gt-supercar-with-its-owner/article33397994/

There are 4000 past GT customers  of which IMO 90% feel the same as I do additionally 95% of the 3000 dealerships. 

You may disagree but it's my opinion based on decades with Ford. 

When I saw the applicants posting videos on Dupont Registry and Ford welcoming those people it was enough for me. 

Ford sold just shy of 3 million cars last year - GT for some reason received special treatment I simply disagree that was necessary. It was an Ivory Tower move all around to build a passenger car and control allocations far from natural.

The last comment you stated I was not correct regarding GT's in 06 being disassembled and placed on parts shelves is absolutely correct recall a number between 10 to 20. 

1 hour ago, Nuvolari612 said:

There are 4000 past GT customers that 95% feel the same as I do additionally 99% of the 3000 dealerships. 

By definition this is mathematically impossible because of the number of prior generations GT owners receiving cars (and ignores the fact hundreds of GTs have been totaled, and hundreds more are owned by multiple-GT owners).  I can't argue with you having feelings, but this is fallacy of composition based on that; feelings.

When I saw the applicants posting videos on Dupont Registry and Ford welcoming those people it was enough for me. 

I'll just quote myself here.

2 - I would like to take this opportunity to attempt to stab this notion in the heart for good, at least here. The social media thing is the most persistent but verifiably false perception about the car and I see it constantly.

As a matter of record 69% of the first ~750 cars went to people on the basis of being part of one group: 05/06 Ford GT owners. Beyond that, a number of additional Ford GT owners got cars on the basis of other criteria (supplier, dealer, technical partner, fleet customer etc) and didn't even count against number. The vast majority of 17+ cars have thus far gone to 05/06 owners, just as promised.  

Out of the remaining cars, the majority went to those dealers, suppliers, motorsports & technical partners, motorsports drivers, fleet customers, etc. It was not videos or social media that got these people allocations. 87% of the allocations went to people that were Ford owners of some kind.

So the starting point for the allocations of about 70 out of 100 cars was "owns an 05/06 GT." I think it would be charitable to say 1-2 out of 100 cars went to people for being big on social media. But which one do you hear about all the time? Definitely the latter, which is insane based on the facts. Point here is that the social media/videos thing was wildly overblown, and is a persistent reason for people to grouse despite being factually incorrect. If people were told in 2015 at launch that 70% of the cars were going to people purely on the basis of being GT owners, and at MSRP, everyone would have been supremely thrilled and not cared who the rest went to. A handful of social media people (literally, like a single digit number out of 750) getting allocations has transmogrified into "they only gave cars to YouTubers."

If people really feel like they can make a nice video that will somehow differentiate, have at it. But it is and was optional, and you can see the relevance (or near total lack thereof) in the above breakdown. Social media mattered for the tiny amount of people who received allocations out of the "social media bucket."

Point is, I can't believe this is still a thing.  "It was enough for me."  Was it?  It's a car.  Who cares?  If you aren't super into the car or the process or the production, bail.  It's not worth spending time or energy on.  But I persistently see people list all of the reasons they have been aggrieved by not receiving the immediate option to purchase a $500k road car they ostensibly aren't that interested in, followed by an admission they continue to pursue it.  

We have reached the zenith of first world problems.  

The last comment you stated I was not correct regarding GT's in 06 being disassembled and placed on parts shelves is absolutely correct recall a number between 10 to 20. 

I'm sorry it's absolutely not correct, and unless you provide factual evidence to contradict the chief program engineer and vehicle marketing manager responsible for the disposition of the cars:

No production car unless it was a totaled car owned by us and those would just be at Roush to keep our cars going.

no.  lol.  thats a good one

I'm going to have to go with their version.  I helped dispose of some of the remaining company units at the conclusion of the program, so I'm pretty sure I would have remembered retail cars coming back for disassembly in that time frame, which isn't even remotely how the system works.