Do I need Lamborghini's authorization?

forzaL

Hello everyone. I plan to do something to help me and my family out of a trouble. I will not enter in details right now, because I don't want to waste anyone's' time, but I am open to talk about it if someone is interested. Because I live in Eastern Europe and i suffer from anxiety and panic disorder, there is not much chance for me to spare a substantial amount of money, but I would like to try and use my creative abilities to earn some money.

I created a project a few months ago. I am in the process of designing an Aventador SV papercraft that could be built at 1:1 scale using corrugated cardboard. Some have already done it, but my project would be more accurate and detailed. My question is, if I would build such cars from cardboard for sale, would I need Lamborghini's authorization?

(First and second image: 3D model in progress, Third image: checking for folding errors in scale 1:10)

av1.jpg

av2.jpg

av3.jpg

Short answer yes, you would need corporates approval to use its copyrighted and protected material (designs, logos, etc.) so slim to none chance they’d sign off on it, and a high probability they would send you a cease and desist letter from their team of attorneys. 

Thank you very much for the answer, that is what I want to avoid. I started this project only as a hobby, but I though, why not make some money out of it if possible :)

• 2 years later...

I honestly think it would be OK as long as you didn't add any actual badges or Lamborghini insignia.... For example, the paper model in the above would be fine to sell since it isn't really affiliated with Lamborghini ( no badges, no wording ). Awesome model, by the way.