Miami Hotel Recommendations?

jackhorner

Need a couple Miami Travel Recommendations...

1. Saturday Night in Miami/South Beach...Where to stay, eat, drink, party?

2. After a week long cruise we are back in Miami for Sunday & Monday - What's not to miss while in the area? Thought about renting a car and driving the FL keys.

Sidenote: Where did the travel forum go?

PockMark will chime in on this for sure.

I love the W South Beach. Great pool and feel.

The other was a boutique, crap I don’t remember where I stayed now. That’s not good hahah

The W, SLS, The One, Faena..all great places to stay. There are a ton of great places to eat, what are your looking for? What type of music/scene do you like for a club? If you are only here for two days, driving to the keys is a waste. Its too far of a drive for only a two day stay, imo.

20 hours ago, jackhorner said:

2. After a week long cruise we are back in Miami for Sunday & Monday - What's not to miss while in the area? Thought about renting a car and driving the FL keys.

The Clevelander Hotel 

23 hours ago, jackhorner said:

What kind of scene are you looking for?

With kids or no kids?

Pricepoint?

On 11/7/2018 at 7:33 PM, Griza said:

The W, SLS, The One, Faena..all great places to stay. There are a ton of great places to eat, what are your looking for? What type of music/scene do you like for a club? If you are only here for two days, driving to the keys is a waste. Its too far of a drive for only a two day stay, imo.

Looking for a Top 40 Club I guess and the fun place to see and been seen. Thx for the info on the keys. Thinking you're right, two days won't be enough time.

22 hours ago, pockmark said:

What kind of scene are you looking for?

With kids or no kids?

Pricepoint?

Just me and the girlfriend. She's never been to Miami so want to show her the current hot spots. 

Pricepoint: hoping to keep it under $500-600 per night. Don't see the value beyond that really.

On 11/9/2018 at 4:41 PM, jackhorner said:

Looking for a Top 40 Club I guess and the fun place to see and been seen. Thx for the info on the keys. Thinking you're right, two days won't be enough time.

If staying in South Beach, go to Baioli, Bagatelle or Villa Azure for your top 40 places to see or be seen. They are all restaurants that have a lounge/clubby type theme.

Any low-key recommendations for eating on South Beach? I'm taking my parents on a 10-day Southern Caribbean cruise. They get in Wednesday night and we leave for cruise on Friday, so we got all of Thursday. I booked the Loews South Beach due to price/location. They are in their 60s so not into the club/be seen scene, but do value good food (especially if it's reasonably priced). So looking for suggestions here.

Also looking for some recommendations on stuff to do, all I ever do when in Miami is party. They like walking, sightseeing and art. I was thinking maybe just walk around South Beach (Lincoln Road, Ocean Dr, Art Deco area) and get a drink somewhere, take them to Jungle Island and then maybe go explore Wynnwood area (or is that a bad idea?)

16 minutes ago, sprite said:

Any low-key recommendations for eating on South Beach? I'm taking my parents on a 10-day Southern Caribbean cruise. They get in Wednesday night and we leave for cruise on Friday, so we got all of Thursday. I booked the Loews South Beach due to price/location. They are in their 60s so not into the club/be seen scene, but do value good food (especially if it's reasonably priced). So looking for suggestions here.

Also looking for some recommendations on stuff to do, all I ever do when in Miami is party. They like walking, sightseeing and art. I was thinking maybe just walk around South Beach (Lincoln Road, Ocean Dr, Art Deco area) and get a drink somewhere, take them to Jungle Island and then maybe go explore Wynnwood area (or is that a bad idea?)

What's good Christian, long time no speak. You are on the money with what to do with your parents. Maybe go to the Pier South of Fifth and have a bite at Smith and Wollinsky's. Wynwood is great so absolutely go there. Kyu in Wynwood is a really good place to eat, Joey's is good, even the Wynwood Diner. You can go to the planetarium at the Frost Museum of Science, walk around the Brickell City Center..there are plenty of things to do here.

On 11/12/2018 at 2:25 PM, sprite said:

Why not take them to the alligator alley and see alligator farms? Thatd be more fun than walking on south beach imo. There is also this small natural park with all sorts of animals, peacocks, birds, etc thats like being in lord of the rings

• 1 month later...
On 11/12/2018 at 3:25 PM, sprite said:

Lol-Should have let me know!  Would have gotten you upgraded, etc... :eusa_dance:

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/29/2018 at 1:57 PM, pockmark said:

Lol-Should have let me know!  Would have gotten you upgraded, etc... :eusa_dance:

I'll be back next year.... our cruise ship broke down at the first port... so we are giving it another shot next fall... LOL.

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/2018/11/19/norwegian-jade-cruise-ship-experiences-mechanical-trouble/2056867002/