Bring the old site back

fmari

4 hours ago, Destructo said:

All mentioned items have either been addressed or are in process of adjusting. It's just taking us some time. Everyone woking on this has other responsibilites, so we're getting there. Slow and steady wins the race thats for sure! 

:eusa_clap:

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 5:57 PM, Destructo said:

Alright, so i've read what you posted and will address each one below.

1. The original forum was 14 years old. Let that sink in, 14 years...the Gallardo was just premiered. We've gone through a whole vehicle life-cycle in the time it was taken since a major update. The old format isn't coming back. 

The new update is light-years ahead of what it was. It will take time to adjust. Obviously everyone was so used to the old, any change was dramatic. But we're working forward here now, not backwards.

2. You must not have read much since the relaunch. I mean just in the past week we've had threads on gobs of horsepower from the LP640 with exhaust mods from whiteout, the Urus doing a verified 0-60 in under 3 seconds, the ongoing drama and discussion with the SVJ. So saying there isn't any interesting topics is a joke. You aren't reading enough. 

Now if you want polarizing subject matter, like drama filled and hot topics, you'll be disappointed with the direction we're taking the board. We're moving away from the high-school dramtic antics. It's unbecoming of a forum, let alone a group of adults. So if that's what you're looking for, you'll want to look elsewhere.  

3. Again, you aren't looking very hard, barely at all. Look at point number two. Guys are doing hands on work, we've got videos, posts, technical information, insights. I'm not sure what more you want considering where we are at. We had a major reset, we won't have the 2013 numbers right away, but we'll get them back.

If you don't like the content, throw your hat in the ring. We want more content from our members. You're a owner and been here since 2004, i'm sure you've seen some and had experiences we'd love to hear. So don't whine about no good content. Make it.

Just don't expect any sympathy coming here, taking a dump on what's going on when we've made plenty of announcments and insight into what the board is doing. Either you're just bitching to bitch, or you didn't bother to see what new content we had before bitching. Either way, you're welcome here, jump in with both feet and make it what you want. Just don't complain if you don't do anything about it and you don't see what you want. 

"Now if you want polarizing subject matter, like drama filled and hot topics, you'll be disappointed with the direction we're taking the board. We're moving away from the high-school dramtic antics. It's unbecoming of a forum, let alone a group of adults. So if that's what you're looking for, you'll want to look elsewhere"

Good luck with that. No offense, but its hard to take you serious when the main page of the website has a bull ass raping a horse. Just saying...

6 hours ago, FEVIPER said:

"Now if you want polarizing subject matter, like drama filled and hot topics, you'll be disappointed with the direction we're taking the board. We're moving away from the high-school dramtic antics. It's unbecoming of a forum, let alone a group of adults. So if that's what you're looking for, you'll want to look elsewhere"

Good luck with that. No offense, but its hard to take you serious when the main page of the website has a bull ass raping a horse. Just saying...

No offense taken, Rome wasn't built in a day and you can't turn a moving ship on a dime.

Its a shame as I know some main contributing members have now fully bailed on the site for one reason or another.  Seems we are losing contributors faster then we are gaining them......

7 hours ago, Kevin2772 said:

Its a shame as I know some main contributing members have now fully bailed on the site for one reason or another.  Seems we are losing contributors faster then we are gaining them......

Which is too bad. Maybe they would come back, maybe not. We are going to do our best on our end to bring this back, but at the end of the day it's a community that works together to make it work. We can't force people to come here, but we sure want to make it a place for them to come back and check out. Spread the word, we're coming back. :headbang: 

How do I see all content rather than just new stuff, as if I want to go back to it and it’s gone and then I have to search every sub forum.  

Thanks 

6 hours ago, topjay said:

How do I see all content rather than just new stuff, as if I want to go back to it and it’s gone and then I have to search every sub forum.  

Thanks 

I think I understand what you're asking for. 

In the image below i have highligthed in red, a task bar. This lets you control specifically what you see. You can customize it so you get specific and detailed streams on whatever you wish. It's very different from the previous version. Click the downward arrow that's highlighted and you can control whether you would like everything or just new stuff. 

Take 2-5 minutes and click all the arrows, and you'll see how you can set it up or customize it for easy use next time you're hear

Thanks for bringing up a great questions! If that doesn't fix it i'll take another stab at it. Just let me know! 

Content Task Bar.jpg\\i

3 hours ago, topjay said:

That’s a winner thanks 

Happy to help.

Keep in mind, you can organize far more than before with the new format. You can save "streams" of specified content down to specific people only, or subject matter.

• 2 weeks later...

First off, kudos to Destructo who seems to be the sole crewman steering the ship.  There are likely hidden heroes somewhere so thank you to those as well but Destructo seems to be at the front line here.

It does take a bit of getting use to but like all things new, there is a learning curve.  Was disillusioned to see LP down unannounced and what were supposedly a few days turned into weeks so I somewhat departed.   Came back now and then as an outsider to see what's going on.  Not going to lie, it wasn't interesting at all so I wasn't sure about returning.  As some had said, some good and long-time contributors had left for good.  Site owners were not exactly engaging either so things were somewhat counter-intuitive.  But as mentioned on another thread, there were just too many errors on the SVJ thread as posted by one individual who only wants to play the game his way and by his own rules.  And he had a notorious history on here before.  Not trying to be a vigilante; not at all; but something needs to be done as people were just plainly being misled.  So I stepped in.  Not exactly the way I want to make my return but also as mention elsewhere, if I can make a tiny contribution to this site to correct the misinformation, so be it.

I think the focus on the concept of car forums had evolved and not necessarily for the better either.  Various social media alternatives had also watered-down the enthusiasm on forum participation as well.  Hopefully, some of the past positive contributors will return and that a new breed will keep this place in its proper standing.  I doubt it will be the same again and that past glory had been, regrettably, gone for good.  But that does not mean there won't be newcomers and new successors to the site.  Hopefully, that will come sooner than later.  All the best to this site and to everyone! 

11 hours ago, VCR said:

First off, kudos to Destructo who seems to be the sole crewman steering the ship.  There are likely hidden heroes somewhere so thank you to those as well but Destructo seems to be at the front line here.

It does take a bit of getting use to but like all things new, there is a learning curve.  Was disillusioned to see LP down unannounced and what were supposedly a few days turned into weeks so I somewhat departed.   Came back now and then as an outsider to see what's going on.  Not going to lie, it wasn't interesting at all so I wasn't sure about returning.  As some had said, some good and long-time contributors had left for good.  Site owners were not exactly engaging either so things were somewhat counter-intuitive.  But as mentioned on another thread, there were just too many errors on the SVJ thread as posted by one individual who only wants to play the game his way and by his own rules.  And he had a notorious history on here before.  Not trying to be a vigilante; not at all; but something needs to be done as people were just plainly being misled.  So I stepped in.  Not exactly the way I want to make my return but also as mention elsewhere, if I can make a tiny contribution to this site to correct the misinformation, so be it.

I think the focus on the concept of car forums had evolved and not necessarily for the better either.  Various social media alternatives had also watered-down the enthusiasm on forum participation as well.  Hopefully, some of the past positive contributors will return and that a new breed will keep this place in its proper standing.  I doubt it will be the same again and that past glory had been, regrettably, gone for good.  But that does not mean there won't be newcomers and new successors to the site.  Hopefully, that will come sooner than later.  All the best to this site and to everyone! 

Thanks for the kind words, however, I assure you there are others that are doing plenty of work, if not more behind the scenes. I'm just the most vocal proponent for the changes we're making. When the site was down for so long I started making phone calls to push and get it back and running, it took a little bit of time but thankfully we're back.

We're happy to have any previous members back, and as I said in the other thread if people see misinformation call it out. Just don't be a dick about it :lo2: and that should be good. That being said, let's get the word out. If you know people that were here previously, tell them to come back and check it out. 

As you mentioned, Social Media has changed the direction of forums and makes it more challenging. But that's a big reason why we are adapting to it as well. With our new Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube channels, we'll be making sure we cast a wider net and help connect. It may mean there is more activity on those channels than the site at times. But we'll manage and make the best of it and continue to grow and develop as a community.

So thanks for everyone that has stuck around and is coming back to help out. One person can't do it all, and there is a great group of people here that I couldn't let go away without a fight.

On 12/14/2018 at 10:58 AM, VCR said:

Hi Bud,

How's it going?  I've heard you have some new toys. :icon_thumleft:

It’s going really well. I hope your doing well also!

Ya I picked up a Jalpa this year and a Silhouette. The Sil will hopefully get to Canada in a few months. 

On 12/14/2018 at 11:58 AM, VCR said:

Hi Bud,

How's it going?  I've heard you have some new toys. :icon_thumleft:

1 hour ago, rhyno said:

It’s going really well. I hope your doing well also!

Ya I picked up a Jalpa this year and a Silhouette. The Sil will hopefully get to Canada in a few months. 

Between you two and Allan, the three of you own every Lamborghini in the world now.

6 hours ago, porter said:

Between you two and Allan, the three of you own every Lamborghini in the world now.

Haha as a group we need to buy a Miura

The old site had a guy with a purple car and Rico. Good riddance!