Anybody track the Perf?

LuvSpeed

I signed up for One Lap of America next year.  Will be driving my Performante.  I have a couple of questions for the guys who track the perf.  First, can you go up in tire size for the fronts?  The OEM front tire seems small at 245 / 30 / 20.  Can you go up in size both front and back and still keep same ratio without screwing up traction control.  Second, I may need to perform a brake pad change during the week.  Does anybody run something other than OEM pads?

https://www.onelapofamerica.com/currentEvent/EntrantsList.do?eventId=39

Strongly consider upgrading your brake fluid. I dont recall off the top of my head what the Perf. is equipped with stock, but a good thing to make sure you don't boil off on the track. 

Just now, Smash Boy said:

Don't think bigger front tires should be a high priority.

They're typically more useful in front engine cars, but mid engine AWD, not as critical IMHO.

On 11/16/2018 at 6:59 AM, Phteven said:

Brock gave me a press pass for the event! I'll see you at the track!

Which track(s) are you planning on attending?

• 1 month later...

Castrol SRF is what the factory uses for track testing/events. It's fantastic stuff and can be sourced pretty easily. I'd personally recommend Amazon. If I recall, I believe it goes for around $60-$70/bottle?

What are you trying to accomplish by running a larger width front tire? Personally, if you're looking for better grip, I'd recommend upgrading to a set of the PZero Trofeo R and a slightly more aggressive alignment. The feedback I've gotten from customers who have run the Trofeo R on track is nothing short of amazing. The factory does not recommend deviating from the stock wheel/tire size configuration due to potential issues with the AWD system.