Drove the Urus Today

Allan-Herbie

I drove it last week and I agree, incredible car. So much power and feels very planted, I can't wait to see a Performante/SV version of the Urus.

2 hours ago, sl55 said:

I drove it last week and I agree, incredible car. So much power and feels very planted, I can't wait to see a Performante/SV version of the Urus.

I'd wager this has got some hints to that.

• 2 weeks later...

Drove it this last weekend.  I think its a great SUV but it definitely lacks the Lambo drama.  If I had $250k to drop, I wouldn't mind one in the garage.  Just not sold on the fact that its 1.5x more than a Model X P100D, 1.5x more than a Range Rover SVR, 1.5x more than a Porsche Cayenne Turbo.  The interior is killer, car looks great in person.  Driving it, it is fast but "casually" fast.  It doesn't feel fast from the butt dyno but the speedometer shows how quickly it climbs.  

Basically a Cayenne on steroids is what I think of it.  

16 hours ago, kaliturbo said:

Drove it this last weekend.  I think its a great SUV but it definitely lacks the Lambo drama.  If I had $250k to drop, I wouldn't mind one in the garage.  Just not sold on the fact that its 1.5x more than a Model X P100D, 1.5x more than a Range Rover SVR, 1.5x more than a Porsche Cayenne Turbo.  The interior is killer, car looks great in person.  Driving it, it is fast but "casually" fast.  It doesn't feel fast from the butt dyno but the speedometer shows how quickly it climbs.  

No way you used Launch control from a dead stop and think its casually fast.. 

On 12/5/2018 at 5:01 AM, kaliturbo said:

The interior is killer, car looks great in person.  Driving it, it is fast but "casually" 

I actually agree with some of that, wanted to love it but it’s just a 4x4 that defies physics rather than a sports or supercar it claims to be. Non dramatic speed in any mode and not interesting 

Not really different to a fast cayenne 

I think the interior is really cheap looking also for a very expensive car

If if they put arch extensions on it at least it would look the part, but it’s just too Audi looking, take the badge off it and you would never guess it’s a Lamborghini. 

On 12/5/2018 at 1:55 PM, Allan-Herbie said:

No way you used Launch control from a dead stop and think its casually fast.. 

I didn't use the launch control at all, it all highway pulls so I can't comment on the launch control.  Casually fast as in its too refined and is missing the dramatic dna of a lambo.  

3 hours ago, kaliturbo said:

I didn't use the launch control at all, it all highway pulls so I can't comment on the launch control.  Casually fast as in its too refined and is missing the dramatic dna of a lambo.  

Perhaps the "dramatic" could be interpreted in the aesthetics of it, while the performance is just incredible and never a supposed weak point. Also worth considering, it's the first time forced-induction is on a production Lamborghini, that could be considered dramatic.

I vaguely recall people claiming the Huracan (at the time of its launch) was also too refined and missing the drama. But look how that's turned out?

i am still playing with the idea of ordering one trying to make it work from every angle. getting rid of my Bentley speed for a bentayga is cool but replacing it with an urus is the way to go.

1 hour ago, LamboJoe said:

i am still playing with the idea of ordering one trying to make it work from every angle. getting rid of my Bentley speed for a bentayga is cool but replacing it with an urus is the way to go.

If you have one car for everything I can see it but Bentayga is a better everyday car imo if you have other sports cars, but I guess it depends what you want in a car. I prefer relaxed with a lot of grunt for normal use, urus is not as comfy or as nicer place to be. If you want to use it hard then fair enough but most people will just tootle along most days and never use any of its abilities over any reasonably quick suv and sacrificing other areas for that