Diablo clutch burn

Hdosanjh

Hi guys took the 6.0 Diablo out yesterday messed up real bad. Was driving into a very steep driveway so slowed right down so not to catch the front so taking in at an angle. Traffic behind me forgot I’d left it in 4th gear. Clutch burn arrrhhh then realised and put it into 1st. When parked up it stank. Drove home after 2 hours smelled when got home. Checked in garage this morning slight whiff of clutch in the air. Drives the same pretty much 8300 mls reckon I’ve damaged it? Also what kind of life do the clutches have. (I took it out for my birthday drive what a crap birthday) 

FWIW.

I wouldn't stress and have a Happy Birthday make up day.

Damaged no.

Used up a few miles of clutch life yes.

How many miles did you lose I can not say.

If NO drivability issues, again, flywheel, throw out bearing, transmission shafts, I doubt were damaged.

If you wish you could have a shop measure the remaining clutch thickness, I would not and save $$.

Maybe, just maybe, you glazed the flywheel, but again if their are no drivability issues, I'd say all is okay.

Re do that Birthday, have a great Birthday.

Yep, when I got mine and was getting it in a trailer to bring home, it did the same thing and smelled of burning. Had tgat car almost 7 years and clutch was still fine, so don't worry.

Def sucks when that happens. Sounds like you noticed somewhat quickly. Should be ok. Just go RWD and you will get your clutch life back. :aiwebs_011: