Sign in to follow this  
Shack

Super Trofeo for Personal Track Days

Recommended Posts

I am considering a ST for personal use and track days and NOT to race. Seems like an all round great car for someone to gain skills and have fun. Anyone have similar experience and can recommend someone to talk to about buying such a car?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Shack said:

I am considering a ST for personal use and track days and NOT to race. Seems like an all round great car for someone to gain skills and have fun. Anyone have similar experience and can recommend someone to talk to about buying such a car?

Do you have any previous track experience?

Don't be fooled, the ST is a legitimate race car and can bite you in the ass quickly if not prepared for it.  There are lots of track-car and track oriented vehicles available, but nothing quite like the sound of the screaming V10, that's for sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/26/2018 at 4:38 PM, Shack said:

I am considering a ST for personal use and track days and NOT to race. Seems like an all round great car for someone to gain skills and have fun. Anyone have similar experience and can recommend someone to talk to about buying such a car?

I was set to buy the anniversary Roger Dubuis car and couldn't make the timing work but will look again this spring - there is nothing better than a race car track weekend. 

Owned a 360Challenge car as it did not require air to lift / change tires which allowed a  few track days without full support. 

Speak to your local Lamborghini dealer to see if they have a tech who will support you at the track - dragging a race car loading unloading special gas can the list goes on it's near impossible to do on your own and it makes life miserable even on a good day. 

The Lamborghini series are made up of teams you can join the team and get a feel for things- suggest that route first. They will also know about good cars available and maybe they will support you on track days or at least prep your car so it's good to go. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nuvolari612 said:

I was set to buy the anniversary Roger Dubuis car and couldn't make the timing work but will look again this spring - there is nothing better than a race car track weekend. 

Owned a 360Challenge car as it did not require air to lift / change tires which allowed a  few track days without full support. 

Speak to your local Lamborghini dealer to see if they have a tech who will support you at the track - dragging a race car loading unloading special gas can the list goes on it's near impossible to do on your own and it makes life miserable even on a good day. 

The Lamborghini series are made up of teams you can join the team and get a feel for things- suggest that route first. They will also know about good cars available and maybe they will support you on track days or at least prep your car so it's good to go. 

 

When Lamborghini started the Squadra Corsa program it was "in theory" design to be a feeder program for the Super Trofeo series for its well-financed clients that wanted to see if they had the chops to compete.

Your suggestion on a support from the dealer raises an excellent point. Maybe he'd be better off getting with a dealer that has a team, and working his way to the seat as an "Amateur" it may take some time but would be far more fun and entertaining than doing it solo. And legitimately competing would be incredible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Destructo said:

 

When Lamborghini started the Squadra Corsa program it was "in theory" design to be a feeder program for the Super Trofeo series for its well-financed clients that wanted to see if they had the chops to compete.

Your suggestion on a support from the dealer raises an excellent point. Maybe he'd be better off getting with a dealer that has a team, and working his way to the seat as an "Amateur" it may take some time but would be far more fun and entertaining than doing it solo. And legitimately competing would be incredible.

Yes - but understand the need to own a race car for track fun only. 

There is nothing like sharing track time with race cars and competing - problem is when you step up to compete with guys you don't know. 

Almost bought a 360 Michelotto few months back and kicking myself for not. The owner died in a race car and the estate was selling a very nice collection. 

I love racing but safety first - gives a lot of pause especially after seeing the Lamborghini race series recently with some serious injuries. 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Loading...
Sign in to follow this