Tuned Urus...

FikseSTS

well, that didn't take long. looking forward to the 1khp Urus you just know is gonna happen after they put a decent motor in there

8 hours ago, TestShoot said:

well, that didn't take long. looking forward to the 1khp Urus you just know is gonna happen after they put a decent motor in there

Don't think the motor is up to snuff? I'd think with some turbo upgrades and resulting tune 1,000 would be a fairly achievable threshold. 

3 hours ago, MHaynes772 said:

Just wait until Underground Racing gets ahold of one ha

Yeah, if this motor is anything like the typical VW turbo stuff, it's WAY overbuilt for the stated HP (which i'm sure is wildly underrated from the start).  I'd bet it will crack 1k hp without going into the motor, just needs more turbo and maybe more fuel pump.

Guys are pretty regularly doubling the HP of the 2L and 2.5L VW motors with just tuning and turbos, so 30% on this isn't asking a lot.

3 hours ago, emanon said:

Yeah, if this motor is anything like the typical VW turbo stuff, it's WAY overbuilt for the stated HP (which i'm sure is wildly underrated from the start).  I'd bet it will crack 1k hp without going into the motor, just needs more turbo and maybe more fuel pump.

Guys are pretty regularly doubling the HP of the 2L and 2.5L VW motors with just tuning and turbos, so 30% on this isn't asking a lot.

Pump, injectors and turbos and it would be a handful! 

25 minutes ago, Destructo said:

That 2.9 0-60 is no slouch thought! 

True, but Id also hoped for better times after exhaust and tune. 

29 minutes ago, Luxeous said:

How is it that so much extra HP doesn't really net much difference in performance? Is it just the weight?

Weight, traction, and im guessing it still needs a lot of transmission tuning to deal with the torque.  

Give the tuners some time to get it dialed in and it will get much quicker.

• 3 weeks later...