E gear light on

Guest Thatmansebastian

Guest Thatmansebastian

Have a 06 battery was disconnected for awhile . Once battery got connected again I have a e gear light on that won’t go away and I can’t go to 3rd-6th without going to neautral each time then upshiffting 

I’ve checked fluid 

new battery 

clutch was replaced last year 

held in paddles but goes to auto mode and it won’t Shift to third 

Same battery specs as OEM? Hooked up properly? Just wondering if it's out of spec or got hooked up backward you toasted something.  Have you checked all your fuses?

Guest Thatmansebastian

I have not checked but yes agm 34 I replaced battery just the other day when I read people were saying on google can be a voltage issue . The pump kicks on when door is opened 

• 2 weeks later...

In some instances, low battery voltage can trigger some gearbox related faults amongst others. If my memory serves me correct, they're typically related to a transmission input/output speed sensor communication issue? This will result in drive ability issues very similar to what you're describing. My recommendation would be to setup an appointment with your closest dealer. Assuming no other underlying issues, a fault code clear and e-gear self-learn should do the trick.