Price difference in 2012/13 Aventadors vs 2017 Aventador S in 5 years

Guest Oufan2929

Guest Oufan2929

Seems like there’s only $100k in difference between the 2012 Aventador and 2017 S now. That gap will close, and 5-10 years from now, what do you think the difference will be? I figure $50k or so... so cost to own a ‘17 over the ‘12 is only $50k less repairs the ‘12 will have that the ‘17 won’t? Considering one or the other. ‘12’s and their quirks/potential issues don’t bother me much. The thing that makes me want a 2017 are the rear wheel arches (love em) and the AWS... warranty/repairs don’t bother me on a ‘12. A ‘13 isn’t out of the question and I don’t see the point in spending more money on a ‘14-‘16. 

Just thinking out loud here... thoughts? Also, I’ll put 30-40k miles on it pretty easily. All of my cars get driven daily. So maybe there’s only an $80k difference in a low mile 12 and 17...

The 2012 will be the least valuable by a long shot inmo. Anyone looking for an Aventador will look for 2013 and up due to the upgrades available. 

49 minutes ago, Allan-Herbie said:

The 2012 will be the least valuable by a long shot inmo. Anyone looking for an Aventador will look for 2013 and up due to the upgrades available. 

agreed!!

• 2 weeks later...