Doug Demuro reviews the Koenigsegg Agera RS1

BLK85

I've discovered the best thing about his reviews are the YouTube comments regarding how bad his clothes and fashion sense are. Funny stuff.

4 hours ago, porter said:

I've discovered the best thing about his reviews are the YouTube comments regarding how bad his clothes and fashion sense are. Funny stuff.

Do you think he cares...

15 hours ago, E7ITE said:

And here I was thinking that the Chiron was the most expensive production car.  $10m wow.

I think he mentioned later in the episode that $10M was considered the "market value" - the order cost was around "$3M-$4M".

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, diabloking said:

:wub: Doug's reviews!!!!!!! Clothes be damned, and sugar induced hyperactive demeanor ignored!!

It took me a while to appreciate his style, but in a world of self-aggrandizing, stuffed-shirt, faux-bourgeoisie, "can't afford a pot to piss in, but act better than everyone else" journalism, he's honest and not fake. I appreciate that. 

On 3/8/2019 at 8:39 AM, Destructo said:

It took me a while to appreciate his style, but in a world of self-aggrandizing, stuffed-shirt, faux-bourgeoisie, "can't afford a pot to piss in, but act better than everyone else" journalism, he's honest and not fake. I appreciate that. 

If you listen to him when he talks about himself..usually only in passing....he's not hurting for cash.

15 minutes ago, diabloking said:

If you listen to him when he talks about himself..usually only in passing....he's not hurting for cash.

His Youtube channel has brought him considerable wealth. His collection of vehicles has some great ones as well. A Ford GT is one that comes to mind.

In my previous experiences, auto journalism doesn't pay well or even pay the national average. You get paid with "experiences" and usually "fleet cars" to drive for review. So if you are frugal you can hash out a living at it. But on "press trips" some guys act like they have money pouring out of their pockets because a manufacturer flew them to an event for 4 days. A lot of those with entitlement attitudes, and those without, for sure. 

It's just fun to watch. 

The new breed of independent journalists with their own popular channels and social media are making FAR better livings than those in the traditional magazines (even big name mags). But for every 1 that is making well, I'm sure there are 1,000+ more who aren't making a dime on it.