They Shall Not Grow Old

AudiBull

1 hour ago, AudiBull said:

Not sure how this hasn't received more attention. Only playing tomorrow and the 27th. When I booked 90% of tickets were unsold. See it if you can.

Looks awesome.

The reason it probably isn't getting attention is, by comparison, it makes current generations "problems" look laughable and insignificant. 

I look forward to seeing this one.

Watched it last night and it was great!

The amount of work that went into making this possible and the level of dedication was immense. An example would be Peter Jackson and his team researching from where in England the soldiers in the original video came from, so that the voices they used in this movie would match as closely as possible to their regional accent. 

The screening I went to included an approx 30 min documentary after the credits which went behind the scenes and the work to bring this to screen. Recommended.

• 2 weeks later...

Was sold out 3 shows at the same time when I went,  the theater made us wait 15 mins for all the potential people to come.

It was...brutal. It stays with you.  Really didn't want to put myself into anyone's shoes as I watched it. 

Really glad I saw it in a theater.

That war was bizarre, and it was THE greatest war. Without Stalin and Hitler WW2 is not that great.

Some good WW1 stuff:

https://list25.com/25-interesting-things-you-did-not-know-about-world-war-i/   (german tranches were for long term.. genius. Why change location when you can just let them come and be defending same position.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this going to come out on Blu-Ray/DVD/download? I have been Googling and some articles say it was released on DVD and Blu-Ray, but on Amazon, I only see some DVD/Blu-Rays that don't work on U.S. players and no streaming. 

Saw it today. Disappointing. I almost fell asleep. A dis-service to the memory of the lost generation.

It was written and directed to talk about a common man going in to WWI as infantry and it was pretty boring. The images were graphic at times, but the depth by which they went in to historic details was barely above a grade school text book on the subject.

I stuck around after the credits for the behind the scenes, and it was 30 minutes of meh.