A Hot Lap at COTA in a Stock Performante

Speed Demon

I was at COTA (Circuit of the Americas) F1 track in Austin for a track weekend this past weekend.  I met and had the pleasure of watching this promising and talented 25 year old pro racer, James Vance, drive my car for a few laps!  James is a Lamborghini Ice Experience Driving instructor in addition to being a pro racer in IMSA with the JCW works team, has 4 NASCAR starts to his credit and works with multiple global brands instructing and coaching. 

This is a video of a few laps around COTA!  Unfortunately, the Trofeo R street tires on the car were at the end of their track life but still his car control is phenomenal! 

Nice!  Riding with a pro is a real eye-opener isn't it?  Watching him pass everyone reminds me of when I was at VIR a few years ago with one of my GTR's, and got Leh Keen to drive it a few laps.  A little later a guy I know fairly well (who tracks a modded ZR-1 and is much faster than I am, as he has 100x more track experience) came up to me in the pits and said, "What did you have in your coffee this morning?  I thought you were going to run over me before you went by!"  I wanted to smile and just say my driving had improved a lot lately, but I fessed up.  :P

1 hour ago, RedGTS said:

Nice!  Riding with a pro is a real eye-opener isn't it?  Watching him pass everyone reminds me of when I was at VIR a few years ago with one of my GTR's, and got Leh Keen to drive it a few laps.  A little later a guy I know fairly well (who tracks a modded ZR-1 and is much faster than I am, as he has 100x more track experience) came up to me in the pits and said, "What did you have in your coffee this morning?  I thought you were going to run over me before you went by!"  I wanted to smile and just say my driving had improved a lot lately, but I fessed up.  :P

It is an eye opener all right! I thought I was pretty fast on street tires till I saw what he can do with my car!  

1 hour ago, Destructo said:

That's just good clean fun. He definately knows his way behind a wheel.

Yes he does and he is a coach available for hire for drivers who want to get faster! 

18 hours ago, jtrump said:

Insane fast.

What were the 2 cars ahead of you that were pulling away from you guys? 

Both were Radicals. They were pure race cars on race slicks.