I briefly spoke with Maurizio Reggiani at Quail and the Lamborghini house back in August and he mentioned the car would debut at Geneva in 2020 and the replacement would go on sale as a MY21 model. I've already gave a small deposit to LoV to secure a slot for a MY21 car, I can't wait!

1 hour ago, sl55 said:

I briefly spoke with Maurizio Reggiani at Quail and the Lamborghini house back in August and he mentioned the car would debut at Geneva in 2020 and the replacement would go on sale as a MY21 model. I've already gave a small deposit to LoV to secure a slot for a MY21 car, I can't wait!

That was a wise move, I think the attraction to this AV replacement will eclipse almost any new entrant from Lambo

Aside from the hybrid tech,  the leap from the Aventador series to the next flagship will not be as much as the leap from the Murcielago series to the Aventador series.  I.e. as far as chassis and hardware goes.  The Aventador was basically a complete departure from the Murcielago and a brand new car from the ground up.  The new flagship won't be that; likely comparable to the evolutionary jump from the later Diablo's to the Murcielago.  From the LB48H preview, I like its ingenious battery placement.  The added tech is suppose to resolve one of the main criticisms of the LP-7xx-4 series (regrets, can't elaborate on this).  Styling-wise, Borkert has a thing on paying homage to the Countach but it's not as promising as it sounds --- at least based on how the LB48H appears; I wasn't impressed but that's just me.  (Why anyone would pay a few million on what is essentially a lukewarm styling exercise on a rolling test-bed is beyond me but I digressed.)  The Terzo Millennio and the LB48H have rather mutually exclusive looks so no idea which direction is the new flagship heading.  IMO, the new flagship's final tweaking will occur after those 63 LB48H's are delivered and rolling as they will be the guinea pigs of how the new drivetrain will fair in the real world. 

1 hour ago, VCR said:

Aside from the hybrid tech,  the leap from the Aventador series to the next flagship will not be as much as the leap from the Murcielago series to the Aventador series.  I.e. as far as chassis and hardware goes.  The Aventador was basically a complete departure from the Murcielago and a brand new car from the ground up.  The new flagship won't be that; likely comparable to the evolutionary jump from the later Diablo's to the Murcielago.  From the LB48H preview, I like its ingenious battery placement.  The added tech is suppose to resolve one of the main criticisms of the LP-7xx-4 series (regrets, can't elaborate on this).  Styling-wise, Borkert has a thing on paying homage to the Countach but it's not as promising as it sounds --- at least based on how the LB48H appears; I wasn't impressed but that's just me.  (Why anyone would pay a few million on what is essentially a lukewarm styling exercise on a rolling test-bed is beyond me but I digressed.)  The Terzo Millennio and the LB48H have rather mutually exclusive looks so no idea which direction is the new flagship heading.  IMO, the new flagship's final tweaking will occur after those 63 LB48H's are delivered and rolling as they will be the guinea pigs of how the new drivetrain will fair in the real world. 

So off the record, I am speculating, they are finally going DCT for the flagship.  Good on them for letting prospective buyers aware. I'm sure everyone is excited to see what comes, but there will no doubt be lovers and haters. Myself, it takes a good two weeks for me to really appreciate a new model. I can give a knee-jerk with the best of them, but i'm looking forward to the new one as well.

7 minutes ago, Destructo said:

So off the record, I am speculating, they are finally going DCT for the flagship.

The added new tech is suppose to supplement, augment & resolve the criticism; it’s not replacing an existing component so don’t hold your breath...

Tbh all they needed to do was put dct and DFI in the current design and a tech update and they would be good for a few years more, still looks pretty fresh 

15 hours ago, VCR said:

Curious what regrets LP7XX that you have - recall you saying you are ordering one of the 63LE's so I am very interested to know why you would buy one. 

The added hybrid tech has been tested it's in Audi Q8 but Lamborghini's has more power - it's far from new. 

LB48H - it's not as promising as it sounds I don't understand that one either have you seen the full size model aero design transmission specification - regardless I believe the LB48 being the first hybrid from Lamborghini in a super car will be one of the best projects to leave the factory. 

The new AV - could add 2-300 lb.s of hybrid to meet regulations plus heavier gear box than the LB48 and no one knows not even Lamborghini will have to build to comply. 

The next AV design will follow the LB48 design only for now bedsides that no one knows - LB48 could be the last lightweight heavyweight produced making it both the beginning and end of an era. 

As far as someone spending a few million - it's a proven reliable fast car with production of 63 units worldwide. There is not another car that is as limited fast easy to service and doesn't cost 150 - 200k when the hybrid needs replacing or an engine out out service that costs 150k every few thousand miles while sitting in the shop would be the norm. 

Mercedes we know how that's going - Aston still has yet to prove reliable Chiron McLaren Ferrari all good options but they all have their issues of eye watering maintenance. 

3 hours ago, topjay said:

Tbh all they needed to do was put dct and DFI in the current design and a tech update and they would be good for a few years more, still looks pretty fresh 

Depends on who owns them and their brand strategy - I think they need more to sell cars at this price level or as we are seeing with the JOTA less allocations to certain markets. 

Winkelmaan was spending R&D to build special cars - who knows how much he spent and if it will carry on to the future of Lamborghini.

Winkelmann ended up in the right place I can only hope Lamborghini sticks to his plans. 

Lamborghini SUV and perhaps a passenger car - Porsche Audi will send over more and more components. I would expect the top brands to sell more regular cars SUV's Sedans and limit the production of their specials. Porsche set the table with their GT cars my guess is that will follow. Porsche grabs some things from the parts bin makes it limited or the appearance of limited and the dealers charge 150k over msrp and they sell all day long. We are seeing stand alone dealerships for reason. 

7 hours ago, topjay said:

Agreed.  Regrettably, Lambo is a tiny company that cannot afford R&D on its own and needs to answer to their Audi/VAG bosses.  They had already poured billions into new factory facilities for the Urus production and must recuperate that first.  So they cannot afford to modify the existing chassis for the new flagship let alone to have a brand new one.  The existing chassis does not have room for the DCT.  Given the circumstances and to jump on the hybrid bandwagon, Lambo likely did the best on what they can manage.  I guess market dictates that a "new" car is necessary in order to compete and survive.  Since Ferrari and McLaren already had several refreshes; and even Porsche are out with their 992-series; Lambo has to follow.   

Could the existing chassis be modified without a major modification to accomodate the DCT. Granted the existing platform is not compatible, but if your coming to us with a so called new Aventador replacement, I'm sure it wouldn't take a hugh amount of R & D to fit that into the platform. It seems most will give a big sigh of disappointment if this aspect is not done, my guess is they Lambo will make the transition to a DCT for this next gen model.

DOT and EU are likely to blame on Lambo's reluctance to modify the chassis to accommodate a DCT.  Who knows how many prototypes does Lambo have to crash test; and hence write-off as R&D costs; in order to meet the authorities' regulations?  And even if they get pass that, then there is the costs of making the new mould and whether the autoclave process will need to be adjusted etc...  Either that or VAG has to come up with a new DCT compact enough to fit into the existing chassis.  Highly doubtful that VAG would invest that kind of R&D expenditure for only 1 model which itself is comparatively in low-volume production by VAG standard.  It would be interesting to see whether the added tech on the LB48H would resolve the issues.  And if so, would it be carried over to the new flagship or would a DCT be happening instead.

On 1/1/2019 at 3:08 PM, VCR said:

This is really interesting - I had always assumed ther Terzo and LB48H we’re along the same design lines - hearing its more towards the Countach is news to me. I do agree though, I have a feeling the replacement will base a lot of its final tech on the LB48H feedback.

If they aren’t changing the chassis the ISR is here to stay. I like it so that’s cool with me lol

15 hours ago, Luxeous said:

This is really interesting - I had always assumed ther Terzo and LB48H we’re along the same design lines - hearing its more towards the Countach is news to me. I do agree though, I have a feeling the replacement will base a lot of its final tech on the LB48H feedback.

If they aren’t changing the chassis the ISR is here to stay. I like it so that’s cool with me lol

I should clarify: the styling motifs on the LB that pay homage to the Coutach would be subtle.  One has to be a fairly hardcore Lamborghini fan and especially a Countach fan to notice those motifs; but they are definitely there (hint: consider the rear wheel arches of the AV-S which is suppose to pay homage to the wheel arch profile of the Countach.  Think somewhere along that line and apply the same to some parts of the LB).  It is not retro though and the Aventador would be its closer cousin.  The rear, however, is something very different.  Not a fan personally but that's just me.  IMO, the T.M. is a more singularly integrated and concerted design where as the LB is best described as the sum of all parts.

18 hours ago, Luxeous said:

I'd love to see an ISR 2.0 since the single clutch is lighter and can be tweaked to be smooth (ish) or more violent, and it'd be a bit of a nod to the old school. However I would be very shocked if they continued the ISR over opting for a dual clutch of some type. My hope for the looks is that it'll favor the Terzo more than anything.

On 12/27/2018 at 2:19 AM, LamboCARS said:

Nice how close their render is to the one I did in July 2018 already:

On 12/27/2018 at 2:19 AM, LamboCARS said:

Nice work - next AV is not reached engineering completion let alone design. 

Doubt the next gen has a single clutch - single clutch is AV's character but with the improved LB clutch who knows. 

Lamborghini is intent on Ring record cars expect a faster clutch  - Ferrari took years tweaking their 458 and used the same clutch in V12 FF etc.  Fair to assume he Huracan clutch is more than capable of handling next gen AV. 

LB48 if it shows at Geneva will appear with the updated Huracan that has been photographed with camouflage. 

The LB will show a lot of what the next gen AV SV JOTA will evolve into - it sets the tone for Lamborghini's future.